Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the first jobs I held after retiring from the navy was at a wholesaler's warehouse. He sold items to flea-marketers and such. His shop contained a wide variety of reproductions of metal signs, cookie jars, cast iron toys and brick-a-brac.

Tea sets! He had a nice variety of miniature tea sets! Couldn't keep them on the shelves!

Not related (how could it be?) but we have a daily visitor to our backyard in the way of a woodchuck. He's pretty plump and waddles about as he eats our lawn. If one of us opens the back door, he quickly scurries under the shed in the yard. He has a couple of trenches he's dug under the fence for his access and regress.

Too bad woodchucks (groundhogs, whistlepigs, etc) don't include moles in their diet. Wonder if they eat hummingbirds?

We're loaded with ground hogs... and fox...or foxes, I suppose. And the moles as well as voles (and squirrels!) are everywhere. If you'd like some ground hogs, Mr. Z, I believe we could supply them. They make nests, unfortunately, and....so it goes. The chickens are safe in Ft. Knox, where only hawks have had (one) success. And. Should you care (I don't expect you to), chickens do not eat mice. A good dog, on the other hand, especially with some terrier in its bloodline, can do wonders with moles, voles, squirrels, and so forth.

Good afternoon all! I hope this finds you all well. I am getting stuff done and feeling good about it. Although, I still haven't tackled that dang office yet. I wish I could have a twin to do all of the icky stuff so I could do all of the fun stuff. :lol:

Getting ready to take a quick shower, make a tall glass of iced tea, and get started on the office. Now, quit nagging me! ;-)

I have a backyard of Flying Squirrels. When I first saw them I thought they were white bats. Haha! At dusk they glide from tree to tree chasing each other. It's quite a sight!

Let me bnne the 1st 2 welcome U, Susan! It's a sjhame it's here thouhg. We just jhace 1 rule (whichj I made: U cam't outdop anotjher on thje cleaning!)

Ann, do U jhave a problen W/ chipmunkds? My paernts R laoded W/ them & thoes littlke buggres eat tjhe wiring from tjhe cars! Fummy thing is we dom't have a 1 here. & my MIL livcces about 10 mils from us & dowm't hace any squirreks! Go figuire, & thoes littl rats wuold eat all my pecams off tjhe tree! Sonebody told us we shuold put tim aruond thje tree so they cam't climb up. Didn't mattre, ours were too smart & wuold come from thje elctric lines or thje neihgbor's trees 2 ours. But a nice gun dose 1drs 2 rid us of the problem!Sorry PETA.

Diane, so glad UR bacxk. I hjate whjen the compuiter crashjes. We R dowm 2 1 laptop 4 6 pepole! So I hjave 2 fihgt 4 it.

Hlen, I know whjat U me4an abuot poor crdeit. My hunbby also hjas screwed ours up! Must B a man thingf (Sorry Barry & Kim). I pauy thje huose, elecvtric, nat gas, intrenet & cell phonmes, car ins, proprety taxes on huose & cars on X, but hje can't pauy his car & ins or clll phon on X causimg my credti 2 B in the poor categoyr.

Marta, I jhave told the same thimg 2 my kids...GOD is veru angry & we all bettre B wathcing the signs.

Meg, Get 2 work on tjhat room & B caredul of cloming...remembre that movie that thje male actro (cam't remeber his name) clomed hi8mself & ram into all thoes problems? Wuoldm't want 2 see tjhat happem 2 U.

Liz, 1 or 2 is OK. Just pick URself up, dust URself off & get rihgt bacl on that horse! OK? & stop chjjanging UR€ pics,each X I get om I think tjhnere's anothre new person. JK! I hjace got 2 get Limdsau 2 take some pics! @ least of my pink door!

@ all thje others, I prau everythimg is going well!

My Love 2 U ALK,

Kimnberly

ICKY, cold rainy day in the Black Hills! I saw on the news where it snowed in Hawaii so suppose our guests from TX should be glad they aren't there - even if they and their horses are shivering in 45 degree temperatures.

It is a good day to tackle the piles in the office!

Glad our weather is not like that Diane, but it is so hot here! Got cooked out in the pool today too! Glad your computer is fixed, I missed you! Meg I would come help you if we lived close...Susan I have never seen a flying squirrel, probably scare the !>>! out of me..lol

Well, I did get something accomplished in the office. Boxed up 2 boxes of hubbies books, one big bag of garbage and one bag for the shredder. Will do that tonight while enjoying a nice glass of wine. Next stop a quick shower, take my son to karate and then home for dinner. Phew!

Hello All!
My husband and daughter, She's 11, didn't believe me about the Flying Squirrels. So I waited and waited by the sliding door until the dancing and flying began. I said you see, I'm not nut's! These little critters can glide 30 feet! I also have moles that leave tunnels all over the back yard. They're not so cute. Either is the Alligator or the 5 foot Black Racer.
It's called co existing, Florida style!
God Bless,
Susan

Haha Susan reminds me of that show swamp people, they have all those critters too!

Hi Susan, and welcome to the tea party! The flying squirrels sound neat--I've never seen any. The alligator and black racer you may keep!

Diane, On the north side of Phil's workshop in the shade yesterday, the temp was 104 F. We're supposed to have a "big cool down" for today to the mid nineties. The irrigation well can't reach the water table due to drought... all those "rainy days" did was wet the grass here, while you were driving through pouring rain up the road. Wish we could split the temperature difference with you!

Meg, you are getting a lot done with your time. It's amazing how fast papers can pile up. They even multiply in the file cabinets.

Marta, I see your name below. I hope you're doing well. Living in a drier climate must be very nice! I'm not speaking of rainfall, but of humidity. I hope Lily girl is totally well now.

Kimberly, I don't know of any damage from chipmonks here. Squirrels do eat car wiring and anything plastic. I'm sorry your computer time has to be shared among 6 people.

Liz, I have a picture of you in mind, and in it there is no cigarette! You are in boxing gloves, however.

My love to all--
Ann

Good loverly morning everyone! I keep popping in and out and trying to post but something keeps interupting me. Anyway, Lily is fine. Her old self. Just a tummy ache I guess. We have two human houseguests and a 100 lb yellow lab houseguest and two more two legged ones will be here sometime today! A house full! Yes Dear Ann, the drier climate is nice but makes faces wrinkle easily. At least that's what I'm blaming for mine! LOL!

I had a surprise bout of vertigo last night for two hours. That hasn't happened for a couple years! Thought I was done with it. Weird! It was diagnosed as Meniere's Disease but I didn't believe it even though I have hearing loss in only 1 ear. Maybe he was right. No big deal anyway all things considered. All it does is makes you dizzy every now and then and causes hearing loss. It's not going to kill me, right? LOL!

Hello there, just dropping in before bed.
On the weather front, it's bizzare here. We had hailstones yesterday...twice. It's June for goodness sake. Don't ever remember seeing that before. The gale force winds (120-140mph) of a few weeks back blew down a tree in our garden. Though gales are more normal for us and part of living on a small island.

On the home front, it's looking like we are moving into a new phase. Mum got into her wheelchair for half an hour today but the effort wiped her out. It looks like bed is really the most comfortable place. I can hardly believe where we are. Still, love conquers all.

I love the critter descriptions. I have never seen a flying squirrel...and would love to. I remember in Canada seeing black squirrels and that was so new. Our indigenous squirrels are a beautiful rusty red. Sadly they are much dimished by the introduction of the grey squirrel who has taken over their habitat.

Love to each one and a special hello to Susan.

Hi Yall I have just got home, flight in the little pea shooter of a plane was delayed for an Hour :). Never mind I am now home and safe. I had a great time in Christchurch, hanging out with friends, shopping with my daughter and last night taking daughter and her new boyfriend out for dinner. he is a lovely young chap and even comes from Cambridge, so they will be together when the university holidays coincide. He even went to the same school! She is happy and settled, so now my soul can rest. I have been very unsettled and full of anguish for her. Now I feel rested.

I have caught up with all the chatter, and look forward to conversing with the new visitors to our tearooms. Welcome to Sequioa and SueF.

Liz, I am so proud of you, even cutting down like you have , with the stress of a sore back, is a huge accomplishment. I do hope that back settles. They do tend to take a few months unfortunately. At least you are young and will heal faster than us old croggies.

Kimberly I hope your appointment went OK. I have been thinking of you.

I have mine on Monday and am rather scared about it. Not sure why, its silly really. I suppose its the chance of bad news. Must stay positive :)

You keep talking about all these animals that I have never seen. I keep having to g/////le them to see what they look like. I saw a fox in england once. they are becomming a nuisance in London. You hear thenm outside at night.

Havnt caught up with Hubby yet. He is out driving Sams soccer team around. They should be home soon.

Love and hugs to you all.
aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back