Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, who's got my hummingbirds?

Oh Kimberly, your post made me laugh. No need to tone it down on account of my mother! Since you ask I shall have to be honest and tell you that no, I don't read posts out to her. From the day she was diagnosed she said she wanted to see no internet info on mnd. Her way of dealing with it is to forget about it as much as possible. She knows about the forum cause I've told her about it and I tell her about ye.

Liz, that darn pookie needs to sing you a cheerful tune. And yes, tomorrow is a brand new fresh start. You go girl! Thinking of pookie leads me to hummingbirds. Hummingbirds Zaph? Is there a hummingbird in the teahouse? It must be after the jasmin brew.

I'm sad to hear of no go on the house fronts...glad about the kittys recovery, though I suppose an antibiotic might tire her a bit?

Right, I'm off to empty the washing machine before bed. Good night to you all. Wishing you technicolour dreams when you get there.

I like the idea of technicolor dreams...

I just posted the photos of the very delayed peonies from my front yard... and a bearded iris that I'd love to know more about... it's an heirloom variety that's been growing in this yard since before 1959.

How is everyone doing tonight? Zaphoon, I keep growing all kinds of flower that hummingbirds like, but they still don't come! Probably a good thing, my cat's a killer.

I'm off to bed, just wanted to post those photos. Keep dreaming those technicolour dreams all!

Helen, your peonies are beautiful. And that is a gorgeous iris--well worth looking for in your album. When you move, I hope you can take some iris with you.

Zaphoon, we get hummingbirds. Among other things, they like hollyhocks.

Alas, can't remember any dreams in color, but it was a great idea, Avril. I hope your mum and you have a gentle day.

Liz, I hope you're doing well. I love you.

Ok, My bafgs R packd , I' m reday 2 go, I'm standimg jhere utside my door ( suond familiar? No, I'm nor packed but I am reday 2 go. Thimking abut that 3 hr drice with no air comditoing! But I will upt my arm out5 the wind9ow & get my dricer's tan! Hopefullu Limdsay is dricing so I cam tan thje othre side.

Marta, shuold U B giving Olily raw chickem? Cuoldm't it caiuse stomacj as well as E. coli? Yeah watcj out 4 Brad maybe he;s a Lucinda? Richards' caer gicer but in the male forn. Kittie 2dau 9(like Richjards; bird chripy) & U 2morrow. Be waruy whjen he cooks the food...swicth plates wjhen he;s not lookimg! JK

Annl, I hop hspiv is woriimg out well. & shwerimg W/ 2 othre womjn (not 4 Philo's eyues) & yuet6 U get a 2 4 1 deak. Lucky girl. Bow if I cuold get thjjee same thing W/ 2 guys (or ecen 1) whjjat a happu camoer I wuold B!

Kim, if U hjace thje bird feeders make siure the color is im it. IDK if U makd UR owm or not but just a few drpos of food colorimg in it & thjeu shuold com. Petumias R anothre drawed or hummingbirds, but poant plenty BC thje will fight over thjem!

We ll haded 2 thj showers & tjhen packimg. HJace a 1derful day! & sokme1 cjeck on Barruy 4 me while I;m gone. PLESAE!

Lovce 2 All,

Ah-ahm a leavin on a jet plane...don't know when I'll be back again...
Memories of days long passed Kim. Some good, some not so good. :) Life is good.

Yeah, not a good idea to give old kitty girls raw chicken for sure. I already told the Bradster. It is hard to say no to the little fuzzy girl.

See you when you get back! Be safe!

Have a good trip Kim. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

As to technicolour dreams. Woke myself this morning not only with vivid recollection of my dream but also knowing I'd had the exact same dream before. Go figure!

Interesting! I don't recall ever having a repeat dream. Well, nightmares of being in a runaway car when I was very young but that was due to a vivid imagination and too much watching Loretta Young's show. Not since then though.

I'm back with a new harddrive which is now being put to use catching up! You ladies sure have been keeping the cyber space lines busy!

Hope things are running a bit smoother for both you and Bruce, Joni. I empathize with both caregivers and patients since I have been on both sides and neither is easy. Remember we all get frustrated with our changing situations -- and sometimes the change is funny and sometimes it just plain stinks.

Ann, hopefully you are resting comfortably and your hospice ladies are treating you well in the shower. :) I think of Phill moving your books and am amazed by the numbers. So I looked at my Kindle and see I have read 68 books since November -- I wonder what PALS who are illiterate do with their time when they can't do any thing else!

Liz, cheer up. I wish I could fly you out here and give you a taste of the Hills and some time to capture the sense of peace and grace that surrounds me. (When my computer isn't crashing.)

Helen, no bites on the ranch so I am adjusting to not leaving here till the undertaker carries me out. Then somebody else can worry about the staging and selling!

Avril, how is your mum doing. You are both in my prayers.

Everybody else... I love you all and am so glad we can share some tea together. Chocolate oreo truffles, anyone? They are sinful, but go well with tea. :) If you are in search of a good summer read, try "Water for Elephants" - it makes you laugh and it makes you sad but it also makes you think - I found it a good read.

Group hug, filled with love,giggles and maybe a few tears

Hi All
Thanks so much for the well wishes... but i must be honest. i am still struggling with this darn smoking thing. yesterday i had two again. and today i had one. but, as I told Ann, I will continue to try every day until i can quit for good again and thats just got to be good enough at this point. as long as i keep trying...
As for the back... ugh. its getting better day by day, but only because i have meds to help. as for long term- i dont know. a "bad" back sort of runs in the family. My brother has degenerative disc disease and other issues. my dad and my mom both have issues. I was in a car wreck some years ago and ended up with a ruptured disc (i think). no surgery. but i think it flares up every now and then. i dont know. i seem to have a lot of joint pain. my knees, hips and ankles hurt almost daily. already need knee replacements, but am too young for it as the bones dont stop growing til around the age of 35. I cannot get a real diagnosis of anything because of my lack of insurance. and in all honesty, maybe i dont want to know...
blah blah blah. listen to me going on and on... whining about little petty things. sorry ladies.

P"osted here around 5 PM -- went to moderation - still not here. :(

Diane, good to see you back, we've missed you!

I'm with you about the staging and stuff... no bites, and barely anyone looking right now, but I'll keep it on until the listing runs out and perhaps try to refi it. With my lousy credit score (mostly thanks to hubby) I doubt I can refi it.

Watching the Boston Bruins game against Vancouver... it's 4 to 1, yay, it's about time! Last time we won a Stanley Cup was when Bobby Orr was playing! We don't want to wait as long for another one as we had to do for the Red Sox (86 years!)

ANYWAY, I digress...

Liz, pain sucks, no matter how old you are, or the cause of it... Doesn't your state have insurance available for people in your (and my) situation? Say what you will about the cost of public health care, its a life saver for me. I do pay for mine, but not nearly as much as I would if I tried to get it on my own, being self employed is a killer for stuff like that! I don't get the coverage I would working for a big company, but thank goodness I have it!

Going into Boston tomorrow for the clinical trial's first official appt. It's going to be 97°, I'm NOT looking forward to leaving my house for that!

I went to the high school to see my daughter sing in the talent show... wow, I have to say that she blew me away! I could NEVER get up and do that. I'll have to sign up and post it to the internet... you know the site, I just don't want to mention it due to moderations.

Liz, I just reread your post about your joint pain... have you ever been tested for Lyme disease? that can cause alot of joint pain.

Good night all!

Helen- no. i havent been tested for anything.
Ive only had one tick on me in my life and it was when i was 4. but i do remember my dad just yanking it off of me... dont know if the head was buried or not. Dont know much about Lymes other than what i have heard on here and i dont trust ALL of the info on here, due to a few ignorant posts. Dont know if I want to know. Got to take care of my PALS anyways- i cant be sick too. I could probably handle things better if i didnt know what it was... rambling again...

I cannot sleep tonight. mind seems to be very busy this evening. had some crazy storms here today. its been in the 90's the last couple of days with a heat index of over 100. some places not far from me had straight line winds of 110mph. thats a category 1 or 2 hurricane! and some say straight line winds are more damaging and dangerous than a tornado so that was freaky. Lots of lighting and heavy rain. one place got 5 inches and another got over 8 inches of rain!
Anyone noticing how much our weather is really changing the last few years? I spoke with a friend of mine who lives in Montana today. He said theyve been having tornadoes, which they aparently never do... and flooding. Here in WI- we've had some bad flooding over the years, our winters have become WAY milder... but still WI winter!....
Then theres all the natural disasters that are happening all over the world- record numbers it seems... Makes a person think.

And here I am- 12:15 in the morning just blabbing... Kimberley where are you when i am up at your hour? :*

Hi Liz! Hope you're sleeping now! We had rain and hail over night. I must say I slept through it thank goodness. People's gardens in Ft. Collins are torn up, there are leaves all over the place from the trees taking a beating. My best friend's little girl's sunflower is now just a stick! She's bummed. The storm didn't get near as violent where we are in Loveland. I thought I was seeing snow piles here and there on the way in this morning! Sheesh! I've said it before Liz, I think God is upset with us lately!
Love,
Marta

Hello Ladies, and Gentlemen,
I just bought myself a little one woman teapot with cup and saucer...it is bright canary yellow and just looking at it makes me cheery. I love Jasmine green tea so I have brewed myself a little pot of it and will sip elgantly from it as i post this to you. I keep this little teapot on my book shelf where I have made a little sacred corner in which to enjoy life. I have my favoirte books, a picture of Jesus and my Bible, photos of Mt Ranier, and family and friends. (wish i had all your pictures here!)
And my cd player with all my favorite music. O yes, and course, my journal, where I draw pictures and write poems, trying to get out of the intellectual mode into the creative alpha/theta mode of being in the present moment....only one purpose: to ENJOY life as a Gift from God.

I invite all of you into this little corner, and hold you dearly in my prayers. It's getting crowded! CHEERS....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back