Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
& Marta, Y R U still up but Bradkey is alreasu in bed?

I was but then he got up again for a bit. We went back to bed together.

My cat Lily is sick this morning. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take her to the doctor. I'm very worried about her and can't imagine what's bothering her. I found her under my mother's bed which is unusal for her. That's where she hid when she hurt her foot awhile back. She came out for a little bit when I coaxed her out but wouldn't eat anything when I tried to give her her usual morning treat. Now she's back under mom's bed.

I'm worried about Joni too. I wish she'd come on line.

I hope you're doing well Kimberly. xoxoxo!

Hello y'all. (for Aly's benefit!)

I am sorry that Lily, your cat isn't well, Marta. Don't you wish she could talk and tell you how she feels?

Joni, praying for you, dear friend. I'm sending you hugs and kisses, but realize sometimes you just need time to pull back from the pit.

Laurel, I hope Tinker is doing much better.

I want you to know I treasure each of you. I just scrolled through over 20 pages looking for something not found, but what a lot of sharing goes on here. It's lovely! For those of you who are in the trenches right now, I pray the troubles lighten soon.

Right now things are stable for me. I want to say, boredom is something to treasure. Not that I am bored...just thinking about "a day in the life" and how much can be taken for granted.

LOVE you all times a gazillion...
Ann

Last edited:
I think Lily has a tooth that's bothering her. I opened a can of their junk food that I don't feed them anymore since their at that age of kidney issues and she dove right in it but just licked the top of it. Then she went in to the bathroom and waited for me to turn on the water for her in the sink. Then she went downstairs to the litter box. Came back up for another drink from the sink. Then back under Mom's bed. She purrs when I snuggle her and talks a little so it's not life threatening I don't think. To the doctor tomorrow!

I also have a tremendous amount of love everyone here. You are all amazing and an inspiration to me.

Well, I'd better get ready for company. Wouldn't want her to know the truth about hour messiness. ;)

Love you too to infinity!
Marta

Hi Kimberly- My back is still pretty stiff and sore, but the meds are helping so i am at least able to carry on with life...
and yes- today is day 6. I got a little mad at my PALS today because I really would like a cigarette and its his fault that I cant so I was a little snippy with him- but all in good fun. He understands why im a little crabby...
Im so sorry about your leg. That sounds horrific and i dont like that its happening to you one bit... wish i could help.

HI EVERYONE ELSE! Lots o Love to U

I was just thinking about you Liz and wondering what you were up to. Congratulations on day 6. The more time you can put between that last cig you, the easier it will get. It's all in your head you know. Who's in control anyway, you or a white stick with weeds in it? You of course! You go girl! You're doing great!

Love you,

Marta

Liz, I'm proud of you. Day six, "The Back", and you're still winning. Funny how we picture each other, but I picture you and Ray...and it's given me a chuckle.

Kimberly, I wish you'd get some real help with the leg contracture as well as all of your problems. I'm sure you wish this yourself! It sounds awful. Wouldn't it be nice if along with sharing our ways of problem solving, we could get special medical insight through having ALS to share with one another!

I just hung up from talking with an ALS widow, a close friend of my parents. She and I emailed through my first few years after my d x, until she had vision problems that ended her computer use. My voice is unusually strong today, so I spoke with her for the first time, ever. She has to be 80, but sounds around 35. Her advice, before we hung up was this: write or have someone write a few of your favorite memories, your most embarrassing moment--just a few special things--down for your spouse to read after you're gone. Her husband did that and now--fifteen or more years later--she still reads it. I want to do that while I can still type...have a friend print it and put it in an envelope for Phil. I hope it doesn't bum anyone out to read about this idea--it seemed too good not to share.

No Ann, it's a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion! I tried to journal but ended up tearing it up. This would be easier to write.

I'm glad you got to speak with your friend! The sentiment of still reading his note after so many years is so sweet.

Ann, that's such a great idea. Liz, sounds like you're kicking the cigs, more power to you. Hope the back is healing up amidst all you're doing. It's gotta be sore. And Kimberly, your leg, so sorry. Lori, hope Les is improving. Helen, better keep that cell(or mobile as we call them here) phone on you in case you take a tumble. Do I remember right, are you having a house showing tomorrow? Which also reminds me of Dianne-hope things are ok with you. AKmom, when are you collecting your new wheels-don't forget to paint the go faster stripes on! Joni, still thinking of you. Aly, where are you? Has the cats dribble drowned your words.

Now you know the problem with mentioning some folks by name, bound to have missed out loads. So hi to Barry, Peter, Meg and Sue too. And if I haven't mentioned you, consider yourself specially greeted.

Mum looks heaps better, finally has some colour back. She hasn't been out of bed in 10 days. In that time I've noticed quite a few changes, so just waiting to see if we've hit the permanent bed stage or whether she'll have the strength to get out into her chair again. Have a good night all. See you round the kettle tomorrow.

Hey y'all,

Gosh, so muich 2 go on.

But Liz UR 1st! 2morerow is dauy 7 rihgt? 1 weerk dowm & I am hapoy 4 U. GlSD thje baxk is gettimg better! Tjhere used 2 B a loibrariam thT used 2 say "Books R our friemd" ,well I alwaus sau "Drugs R My friemd". I dom't thimk I cuold fiunctoin W/out tjhem. Prettry sad! Holpe UR othre pronblem has lefrt 4 a whilke, too!

Ann, I am gflad 2 see U im good spiritd. U alwaus know tjhe rihgt thing 2 ssay & U phrase it so well (I guess that's thje teachjer in U). U necer seem 2 B on tjhe low sied of thimgs. I giuess nU hide it well fron us. Also, U€ tell us of UR braim faarts ut UR berrer than me!

Marta, UR so swee43t too! & I do hoope kittyu is OK. plesae let us kmow 2morreow aftre her appt.

Joni, Wjhat can I sauy? I love U 4 U &€ I love U 4 thj care U R givimg UR husbamd! All we cam do 4 U is semd our prauers & gice U a shuoldre 2 cruy on. I am so sorru I cam't do more!

Laurle, UR thje 1 W/ thje sick pup (thanks Ann!). I hopr Timker is felimg bettre.

Meg, Cam't wait 4mn the pics of UR trip!

Avril, Glaad 2 hear Mum os doimg sonewhjat beettre. Mayube thoes foreigm kisxses R helping. HJeres anolthjnre 1 4 her (X) & 4 U also (X).

Lori, I hoppe ecerything hjas quieted dowm im UR huose;

Helem & dianne, still pruaing 4 those huoses 2 sell! Also hope edverythinf is OK.

Aoly, enjoyu tjhe beach & we all wamt a pic of U in UR swonsuit. Shoe off thjat new ody of UR's!

Sue, Barru, Peter U aall jhac beem 2quiet & I wsa alwaus told 2 watch ourt 4 the quite 1's!

& 2 amy otjhers tjhat I may hace missde, I truly am sorry!

Now 2 every1 here, I wuold like 2 tell U hoe much I value U & our frimdship! IUf it werr not 4 ya'll I dom't think I cuold continue on. U gice me L>ove, Hope &U Wisdom. I wish I cuold phydsically hug eacj & every1 of U. I LOVE U from, thje bottom of my heart. Thank U 4 beimg here whjen I hace needed U tjhe most!

With All My Loce Alwaus,

Helen, hoping your house showing tomorrow is a winner. If wet dog is a problem, could you simmer some cinnamon/cloves combo? I don't know if that's allowed. We're rooting for you

Diane, miss you and hope you're okay--and the ranch sold this weekend.

Avril, oh do give Mum a kiss. I hardly know what to say except I realize it's very tough and is new territory. I hope you can get her out of bed. A change is always good for a while...changes and shakes everything up in a good way.

Good Morning Ladies,

(Alwaus remindds me of that mocie with Robim Williamd whjen HJe saus "Good Morming Vietnan!". ) JHave U ecer jhad 1 of thoes nihgts tjhat deem 2q last 4ecer. Well, I swer beimg in bed all dau 4 2 daus in a row jhas got me watching tjhat darm clock! It's I'm exjhausted nbut dom't wamt 2 get up x's! uit enuohg about me, whjat's beem going on?....

Liz, is it dau #7? Comgratd 2 U! 1 week withuot cigs U need 2 celevrate! Juist not wjhere thjere ios smokimg thouhg.

Helem, hope UR opem huose was a good 1. Bakimg cookies is alwaus a smart idae. & nalwaus jhace some on tjhe table W/ drimks is a ni9ve gestire. Thjat's hoe I sold my 1st huose!

Dianne. I am worroed auot U? U jhacen't posted anmything in a while! P:lease let uis kmow UR OK!

& 2 otjhers this is shoert! I med some feedack B4 I post soe more. Oh, & I am past 400. Woohoo! Tjhat just neans I talk too much!

Loce 2 A€ll!

Long time no see! :razz: I hope this post finds everyone well and at peace on this Monday morning. We are supposed to finally see the sun tomorrow - and I think it is just in time.

I apologize for my absence. We have just been busy, busy, busy lately. The kids last day of school is tomorrow. They are very excited. We leave for Hawaii on the 16th and have been fortunate to find a wheel chair accessible van to rent while we are there. Hubby has his new wheels and we have the ramp for the car, too. He is very glad to be able to get out and about now.

It is bitter sweet as it appears the chair has shown up just in time. Or maybe, it is just being home more. But I am noticing more and more changes with Brian's physical abilities. Sometimes, I just want to scream. :-x But, I know, I am preaching to the choir here.

His attitude remains up beat and I try to take my cues from him. The kids seem to be adjusting to the latest changes which is good. Although my son appears to have many more questions to ask - he just isn't ready to ask them and actually hear the answers. He is getting so big and so grown up. I can't believe he will only be in 5th grade next year. And Zoe, just graduated kindergarten and can't wait for first grade!

I will go back and try to get caught up. I wish all of you the best and know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Love and light
Meg

Im fine - computer crashes when I come on this thread, Computer doc coming out today and will hopefully fix the problem. More later.

Glad you're fine Dianne.
Meg, what a marvellous brood you sound to have. Glad the wheels have arrived in time for Hawaii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back