Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even we hear about Sarah Palin and her cutesy bus tour here in NZ. What a weird one that is. Imagine if she was president. America would be even more unpopular with the rest of the world than it is now!

The idea about filling the bath tub is great. I have no idea why I have never thought of it. Seems rather obvious. Dah

Joyce, so sorry to hear about your husband job. Never rains........ Sorry about your brother as well. Pancreatic cancer is certainly one of the nastier cancers to get.

Helen glad you are ok and I agree with Marta, something is up with the extreme weather. We have not left for the beach. It's just too stormy and I persuaded Hubby to wait till it clears. May not go till tomorrow.

So sorry about the fall Marta. You definitely should be careful when alone. Make sure you have your mobile in your pocket at all times. Then at least you can ring if you are stuck.

Liz, hope that backs feeling a bit better. Not an easy time to stop smoking, when in pain. Rooting for you my girl.

Oh and a somebody did the dishes. Sam tells me it was Annas fiancé. How sweet he was not even here for dinner last night. Poor chap is out in the rain playing rugby. I watched him play last week, what a nasty brutal game!

Luv ya all Aly

Helen, so sorry your main computer keeps you on a short leash...or rather, you have it out on a long leash. But I'm glad the storms didn't take away your house. It will be a debutant again on Monday. I hope it sells. That would be a special day.

Funny thing is, I have a total of 2 laptops, 2 desktops, and one netbook (which I'm using now, hate the keyboard), plus 3 other computers in this house! One of the laptops I gave to my daughter, and the kids usually use the other one, which I did buy for my business! So, even though the "best" computer is on the fritz, I have plenty!

I still have mixed feeling about selling this beautiful old house, but AM ready to move on! Just pray that it's beautiful out, and not dark and rainy, which always makes my house smell of my dog! But it would be unbelievable to get a good price for this grand old dame!

Hi all, Been an eventful few days. Les is OK, but took a horrible fall about midnite Mon nite. He fell and hit his neck/chin on a nightstand, which punctured a huge gaping wound into his chin. Called 911, and my 18 yr old son applied pressure to the wound.Les could feel his teeth inside his mouth when he put his hand to the wound. It was less than an inch from his jugular vein. I will start a new thread about the NIGHTMARE we endured once the paramedics arrived, and got to the ER and then his hospital stay, but suffice to say for now, he is home and doing good. Our home health nurse was here today, and assured us. If any of you are at risk of falling, you are playing Russian Roulette with your life if you do not ALWAYS have someone with you when you are transferring or are not using your chair or walker at ALL times. If Les had been alone, he would have bled out and died. I understand how importance independence is, but is it worth risking your life? Foe Les, no more using his walker to get around the house, or walking anywhere. Sure it is a pain to use the wheelchair to go 30 feet to the bathroom, but it took this for him to realize it. I have read on here of the many falls some of you have experienced recently. STOP being stubborn. We lose too many PALS as it is, and losing someone from a fall that can be prevented is NOT acceptable. I have many special friends on this forum, and do not want to see anyone get hurt or die from stupidity and pigheadedness. HUGS Lori

Oh Lori, I'm so sorry to hear your news about Les, and thank God that he wasn't alone. As if you both don't have enough to deal with! Prayers to you that he feels better soon.

Eww Lorie, so glad that Les wasn't hurt worse than he was! Marta fell too, Marta be care ful too! Helen It has to be hard, I have lived in my house for 27 years. It would be hard for me. Aly let them storms pass! Be safe! Joyce I'm sorry you are having such a hard time.. To all my other buddies..be safe, and have a restful night.

Oh gosh, my post disappeared! Never had that happen before. Well now it is here!

You are right Lori in our little tea group there have been weekly falls and it's a big worry. So glad Les is Ok. What a shock for you all, so sorry that this has come on top of everything else.

Love always Aly

Good Mornimg Ladies,

It's 2 am & guess who cam't sleep? Every1 has so mucj goimg on.....

Ann, aftre I posted I realixed it was Lori W/ thje govt problens....Too mucj info too littel braim! See UR nor tjhe onlu 1 W/ memoey issues.

Joyce, I am so sorru abuot Hubny & his jonb ( or lack of). I juist foumd out muy huby's jo b wsa on tjhe choppimg blovk but hje wsa saced by takimg 4 classed im somethimg. Tjhat wuold B real good. We lice pauchecl 2 payucheck (like ecery1 eles) & hje hasm't seem an imcreaes im ovre 4 yrs.

Helen, R U hacimg an opem shoue? I muist hjace missed thjat in mu readimgs. Good Luick & glad tjhe storns by-passd U.

Marta, U meed 2 stop wearimg thoes 4-imch heels. Just remebre thjat tjh shortre U R thje closer 2 the gruond U R whem U fall LOL. & as 4 thje weathre, I hjace said thje sane thing. GOD is reallu angry witjh us & I guiess sone R not takimg thje warmimg! We jhad 2 jhace Hannah's graduiatiom inside BC of tjhe storms. Aftrewaers wjhen we cane outside tjhe lihgtinimng was spectaculae. It jist rip[led thru tjhe sku! It wsa spevtacular.

Lori, I hipe thimgs R goimg well & U jhace gotrren some progress on UR husnbands caes! & glad U werr tjhere wjhen he fell. Sorru 4 tjhe fall thouhg!

Joni ,was Timkre UR pet, if so, I pray thimgs R bettre.

Liz, good job on dau 4 let's make dau 5 a great dau! I am so sorru abuot UR back. I too hutt mine a lomg X ago & still get wjhat my fathre calls thje granbbers. It feels like somebofy is squeezzzximg U in thje middle of tjhe backl & it takles UR breath awau! I kmow U were gicem muscle relaxamts ut also truy a hjeatimg pad on amd off. & hjace UR dauhgtrre massage UR ack. I hoope U feel bettre soon.

Alu, I wamt U 2 know BC mu dress wsa ruimed 1st X of wahsimg, I hjad 2 go out & get a new 1. & aftre buyimg it I gelt guilty. So guiltu, I hjace decided 2 hjace a 2nd go @ getrimg tjhe othre outfit tjhat worked...So whjere is muy patch? I shuoldn't feel guilyt buyimg myselg a couple of outfits. Da%n it I deserce it too.

Diane, Avril, Meg & anu otjhers I mauy hace imssed, I prau that everuthing is going welk.

My Locve 2 All,

Oh & Aly, I learmd a loomg X ago tjhat if U mumnle loudlu thjat someX's tjhey get tjhe hint. Mine alwaus sayus, Oh did U need jhelp U shuold hace just askled.....No I shuoldmt' hjace 2 ask, & @ this poimt U shuold know I meed help!

Oh & thje new meds hjace just gicen me a bnrain fog so far & not help[ed with whjat hjasBcome comtravtiure betweem thje abck of mu knee 2 thj middle of mu thihg on my lft leg. Now whjat pisses me off is I am no lomgre 5' tall BC of this. I swear life is just nor fair; I'm short enouhg alreadu!

Lori, Your week has been a nightmare...I'm so glad Les had help, your son was also home with you and Les did NOT bleed out. Your warning is absolutely right-- and I imagine Les will get away with nothing. That was a near miss. And I'm also really sorry your nightmare continued after the paramedics arrived.

Love,
Ann

Lori so sorry that Les took a fall and so glad he is home and doing ok.

Marta I hope you are doing better too after your fall. It is a scary thing to think we would be stuck somewhere without help. I also get moments of complete blankness in my head when I know that I should know something. Some blame age, some blame stress, some blame the color of my hair dye! :D

Aly, sometimes the most senseable things to do during a storm don't always pop into our heads when we are going through it. It becomes easier the more storms you go through, the more routine the preparedness is. I guess that could be said for the 'storms' of our lives too! Also I have given up on trying to have the clean house look. Just not going to happen. At one point there were 6 adults living in this house (one was me) and I was doing all the work of cleaning. I would have no energy to do anything else and I was failing to keep up with the messes! Finally in a family meeting I told them that I would start fining them money if they messed the kitchen and didn't completely clean it when they were done. Their pocket books is where their hearts were and the kitchen stayed pretty decent. I now only do minimal work and the remain 3 adults living here pitch in and although its not perfect how I would want it, its at least getting done somewhat and I am not doing it! ;)

Liz, quiting and getting over the cravings is one thing, but I still can remember the smooth taste and relaxation I would get from a cig. I haven't smoked in over 30 years. But the very very few times that the urge might cross my mind...its easy to just ignor it. And second hand smoke bothers me now...where when I was quiting I would delibrately stand in second hand smoke! So take heart dear one! It does take work but its still worth it because its taking good care of you! And YOU are valuable! I hope you are icing that back as you rest. That will help with inflamation and in turn help relieve pain and speed healing. Heat will cause more inflamation. (just in case you were not aware of this already.) :)

Helen, glad the storms have so far missed you and pray they continue to miss you! Horrible weather so many are having! Sara Palin is who she is and does not represent us anymore. Although I understand her reasoning for leaving as govenor, I do not believe it was the right choice for her career nor for her charactor. Nuff said. Your boys I am sure will have a fun time up here. Lots of great fishing going on at the moment!

Ann, thanks for your prayers. Means a lot to me. I hope your Saturday if filled with unexpected pleasures!

Ok! I have to take my lil one to horse riding today. Then I have a photo shoot later this afternoon, which I am not sure I am going to have the stanima for. Bringing John as my equiptment/assistant man and will give him a camera to use too, to help get some candids. Live moves on! Have a great day everyone!

Ok Ladise, I hope U all jhad a btrettert dau than me....

As U all know, I hace waited approc 2 wks 4 the drs offive 2 get baxk 2 me. Well, finakky thjey called im a script & my lefr leg hjas contractrd so much I am no lomgre 5 foot tall. Seriuusly, am I still 5 foot takk if mu leg jhas comtraced 5 or 6 inches? & now I am umable 2 wakk 2 tjhe potty (I mean some1 had 2 get me up buit I wsa able 2 wakl the 5 or 6 feer 2 thje potty). Now maybr I need 2 get sone "depemd"able items from Barry. Maybe it wsaq those cuople of stairs @ Hannaj's graduarion? (Yeah OK let'd blane it on Hannah!) Now, I am reakky pi$$ed off & cam't ecen jhac a drimik if I wamted 1. We lice in pronablu the only "Dry" stare in tjhe U*S. No beer sakes aftre 11:59 pm on Sat & no liqour sales aftre 6 pm. This reallu sucks.

Liz, How is UR back? I feel 4 U'! I hopr the meds R workimg! & we R on dau 6 Comgrats 2 U!

I hopr U all had a 1derful Sat. & will talk 2 U alol 2morroe,

Oh, poor little Kimberly. Wish you could come over for a beer or glass of wine. Bradley has already gone to bed and I'm still wide awake.

I feel so bad for our Joni.

Marta,

I do wisj we cuold do somethinf 4 our friemds wjen thjey R down!

& thamks 4e the ofcfre of refreshmemts. Aftre June 9th, I may be stoopikmg 4 somethimg on my waau baxk from MUSC! I figuer wjhat hac I got 2 loae!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back