Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaggh, sorruy ladies, My compitre wuold onlu go to pg 119 so I am wau behimd....so wjhat I posted wsa B4 all tjhe pg 120 commemts!

Jeff, Get the H@#% awau from my frimd. U dom't wamt 2 mess with me!

& U knm ow what happems 2 puppies tjhey grow up 2 nbe like teenagfers!

Sorru, Hannmah is just gerrting 2 me.

Sweet Kimberly, ever asked yourself why we has soooooo many kids :)
Maybe I missed the classes about contraception? Ha, they do try us, but wouldn't be with out them.......little sweet hearts ( sais with gritted teeth)

Hope you all had a nice day, and are all tucked up warm and snug in your beds.

Aly

Hi All,

Busy weekend, just now getting some time to myself! Had my cousin and her kids over, and though we didn't do much we did have a couple of cookouts. And I was lazy and bought the potato salad, which is never as good. Why can't supermarkets make GOOD potato salad I ask you?

Just came back from 2 hours in the humid almost rainy/light rain for our town's Memorial Day parade. Now, it wasn't a 2 hour parade, but more like 5 minutes from the bank around the corner, down the street to the 1st cemetary, speeches and trumpet plays taps; off to the Revolutionary War cemetary and another tiny family plot of Veterans from the Civil war/1st World War, off to the Civil War Monument, listen to Gettysburg address, more speeches, and the grand finale at the WWII/Korean War/Vietnam war memorial. I mostly just sat on my walker, as I couldn't take the scooter due to the rain, and waited and talked to people walking by. How many times did I say... "it's just a neurological problem... no, it's not going to get better,... no, I'm fine...." etc. AGGGHHH! I won't say the truth 'cause then they get this look in their eyes, you know what I mean! Anyway, both sons marched with the Boy Scouts (though the older one was supposed to march with the middle school band but "couldn't find" his shirt), and my daughter sang "God Bless America" with 5 others from her select chorus from the h.s. After which, they called the ambulance for one of her friends who was nearly fainting! I think it rains every year that I've ever gone to this parade, which is just down the street from me, at least this time it was mostly just really humid.

So now I have to return the pants that I dutifully bought at the store yesterday for the son who was supposed to march with the band, as he'll never wear them now! Bunch of ingrates! :)

I have to figure out what to eat tonight that doesn't include hamburg or hot dogs, I'm already tired of it...

Hope you all are having a great day, and if you're interested, I came across a wonderful quote of General Garfield, given at Arlington National Cemetary for the first "Memorial Day" (different name originally)...

It misted most of the day here yesterday. Everything is green and so pretty! Mom finally got out of town yesterday evening. Her flight was supposed to get out of CO on Saturday but the plane was leaking in the breaks so they all got off. She ended up spending the night in Denver so we met her for a lovely dinner. Then all flights out of Chicago were cancelled or delayed so she spent a couple hours on the tarmac yesterday before taking off. Then there wasn't a plane for her in Chicago so she had to wait a few hours for another. She finally got to MI at about 9:00 p.m. and hadn't eaten all day or slept very well for two nights. Seesh! Anyway, she's in MI safe and hopefully sound. At least fed. ;)

Lori, sending hope and prayers your way. ALS Society is very helpful. Please call them.

You all are, as per usual, delightfully nuts and I've missed you. I used to bartend back in the day and made many sex on the beaches so I believe you! Never tried the real thing so must agree, sounds pretty uncomfortable to me!

Ann, glad things are going well for you. Good and skillful professionals are God sent.

Helen, I've had the same conversation with many as to "what's wrong with you" well wishers. They only ask out of concern. I too just say "it's a neuro muscular disorder" "no, this is as good as it gets" "I'm doing very well, thank you" "no aches or pains aside of the ordinary arthritic sorts". Stuff like that. All with a smile. That way they don't get all emotional which always makes me cry when they do.

Happy Memorial Day to all our Vets and the rest of us that love them. Have a great day Lady Poos! xoxox

OH! What is that horrible face I stuck at the end of my post? I meant it to be a kiss! like this X!

Whew, I fixed it. :D

Thanks, I know they mean well, and aren't trying to be invasive.... but like you said, if I tell them what it really is, it blows their mind, and I don't want to cry anymore right now! As far as I'm concerned, I'm ok right now, and I plan on being ok for a while. \

I guess you fixed that "horrible face", now I'm really curious what it was instead of a hug and kiss! :)

Just did a trip to Walmart, I think we're the only family around that didn't go swimming! And we have a pool, but it's not opened yet, cause guess who usually does it? And nothing gets done unless I tell someone to do it. Which I didn't feel like, and was curious to see if he'd actually get off his butt and start it. guess not. So I'm off for some ice cream before supper, and the boys are getting ready for a little target practice with our bb gun.

Helen, about the potato salad, my thinking is they load it with too much dressing, making it weigh more so we can pay more while saying, "blech". Ditto for cole slaw and chicken salad. A friend of mine puts it in the colander when she gets home and drains it.

About the questions on the disability in my legs, I said that I had a limp for a long time--but it took ages for my diagnosis. Then I called it a neuro problem. Like Marta does, with a smile...which is easier to do when you get into a power chair!

Are everyone's kids going back to school tomorrow, or is this vacation for all?

Marta, I really wish I could have seen the face....

Our neighbor sent Phil home yesterday with steamed crabs (Yes, Kimberly!), fried chicken, and pineapple angel food cake. No burgers this weekend. Our eating plans are continually in a state of upheaval, with my staying out of the fridge, wonderful people bringing things by, and neither Phil nor I having a clue. What's neat is there is always something in the pantry...I wish orange juice could be stored there in those cartons. Anyone know if that's possible? It sounds gross, but I've read that similar cartons of organic milk can be kept (until opening) out of the fridge.

Helen, I'm so slow with typing, I just saw your post. Oh, yes...don't tell them ALS. First of all you'll have to educate most people (I know we're supposed to want to--but not yet in your case), and if they do get it, then comfort them. It's very stressful.

LOL! All I did was a : and an x and it came out like this... :x

Scared me almost to death! Thank goodness for the edit feature! I wouldn't want anything misunderstood by you all! :D

Hmm...OJ in a juice box. I don't see why not. Must investigate for you Ann.

Last edited:
steamed crabs in Maryland, yum! I was tempted to get some fried clams, but thought better of it, as it really doesn't agree with me anymore! Sad but true... if I had gone to the Cape for the weekend like half of my town, I probably would have splurged on a lobster though! (But they're better in Maine anyway!)

Yes, everyone's back to school tomorrow, they don't get out until the 23rd due to the snow days...

They can do orange drink in a juice box, but haven't seen 100% oj juice boxes... but they do have the cans, which I think taste awful! If you're thinking of a juice drink, try the capri suns, they're pretty good, and don't have food coloring in them as you can't see it anyway. My kids still love them, and they're a good size for a snack. They also have them with flavored water, but I don't bother, just drink real water!

Hi All, and boy i would love some crab.

I am sitting at my work desk. Been here for 1 1/2 hours waiting for my patient. Paper work ready to go, drugs assigned, blood form at the ready, new consent for (number 6 for this study) at the ready, and NO patient. Just txt him and he thought his appointment was 10am not 8.30! Maybe it was my mistake? any how its a half hour drive for him and he was in bed, so I still wait :). I am supposed to meet a friend in 20 minutes for coffee. Doubt that will happen, boo hoo. Its going to be the speediest appointment in history. I will have him in and out in 10 minutes, just you watch. :0
aly

Hi gang-

Ooh, that crab sounds good. We had lots of folks bringing food this weekend too- sure is nice.

Aly, I'm sorry you don't have a holiday there like those of us in the US. Did he ever show?

We've had a nice Memorial Day here - Helen, hasn't the sun and warmth been lovely? About time!

We had a great b'day cookout for me last night with 24 family and almost-family-- I and our 94-yr-old friend Kay (grandmother to all of our kids, kept ponies here for years and taught them all to ride) were the queens, and all had a wonderful time. Along with my DH and daughter, I was blessed to have my sister, brother, their spouses, 4 nieces, 1 nephew-by-marriage, and neighbors to celebrate with. Great thankfulness, and good practice on the "right now, I'm OK (or better!)" approach. And it was sunny!

Now, DH is out front and I am listening to power tools and swearing as he builds a navigable stoop over our old granite steps. Does swearing always go with power tools? Thankfully, we also have a back door as the shadows are lengthening!

Thinking of you all- I read all the stories even though I don't answer them all (typing is slower & slower!).
love
Sue

Oh Sue, I'm glad you had such a nice big family party! Phil doesn't mind power tools. What gets his goat is for something to malfunction, especially if it really requires a $5-- part but is encased in plastic to make him buy a whole new "thing". He's also not crazy about water coming out of the ceiling...grin.

OK, I couldn't eat crabmeat. It was offered, and Phil would have picked mine for me, but the Old Bay wouldn't do well in my throat. Believe it or not, it didn't matter. I did eat a drumstick last night...would you believe, the first fried chicken since circa 1995?

Aly, did you get your patient in and out within 10 minutes?

Helen, hope you have some R and R tomorrow.

Marta, that's pretty funny! xoxo to you!

And love to you all. Fingers want to rest. I guess I'll let 'em.

I survived... for the most part. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back