Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori what awful news. I am praying hard for you. Lots of love and hugs to you.
Laurel

Ann's right, time to call your congressman (or woman)... and find a good lawyer. How can they have "made a mistake" in approving him, if he was in the service? I'm praying that things will work out for you and your family.

He was Army National Guard during peacetime, and originally his active duty was accepted, however, now they are saying it was active duty for training, which does not get him benefits. Any helpful things to put in a letter would be greatly appreciated. Just PM me, PLEASE! HUGS Lori

Lori, I hardly know what to say. I am so sorry. Will certainly be praying.
Aly

Lori, just came on & saw your news. How aweful. Will of course pray. Could any of the als organisations over there intercede with the VA on your behalf?

I am working on every thing. As of now my argument is that Les served his active duty right alongside members of the service who, If they had gotten ALS, they would have been covered.

"When service connection has been established for a condition under any provision of applicable

law, including the provisions described above, such service connection may not be removed

(severed) unless evidence clearly shows that the establishment of service connection was clearly

and unmistakably erroneous, and that the continuation of service connection cannot be maintained or supported under any reasonable theory (the burden of proof being on the Government)."

I believe this is a reasonable theory on why his service connection should NOT be severed. What do you all think? HUGS and thanks to all of you!

Hi gang--

I've missed our conversation but have had a very busy week. 3 more weeks of work and then some more time will be freed up. Seems like every day I can get less done.
Lori, I'm so sorry to hear of your dilemma. Congressperson, for sure- and could you get some local news coverage?
For a cheerier note, today's highlight was travelling down to southern ME with my daughter to pick a puppy she adopted through a rescue service-- she is a true animal person and this puppy is going to mean the world to her- I'm attaching the pic of the 3 of us.
love to all!
Sue

Attachments

• ira_me_puppy.jpg
    ira_me_puppy.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 123
Great picture Sue! Lori I sure hope someone can help you, that is just not right! Hey Avril, how are you and mum doing today?Hugs to All!

Sue, great picture! What a cute puppy. I am a sucker for puppies -- :)

Sue, such an adorable pup! (and a great picture of the three of you!) Only three weeks left...I hear fatigue, don't I?

Lori, we all so wish we could help you. It seems there should be someone with lots of insight involved...to mediate for you.

Off to my Dad's for brunch today. What's on the menu? Bloody Marys.
Yup- its a Bloody Mary Brunch! we may have some food at some point... if we make it that long!
Sorry I havent been around ladies. The ex cyber stalks me too much and is constantly on here reading everything that i say so i wanted a break from that... lets all say hi- "Hi Jeff! Maybe you could get a hobby!"
Anyway- sorry to all that have been having a hard time and Yay for those who have been having a good time!

Hi all
Lori, praying away for you. I hope you are all hanging in there. Like Ann says, so wish I could do something for you.

Sue, that's a beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing it. Here's to lots of happy times with your family once work is finished....and more rest.

Jeff, if you're reading this hi...and bye bye thanks. We want Liz! Now Liz, easy on those bloody marys. There's only so much tomato juice a tummy can take. Hi to your dad too.

Joni, hope you're not worn out from trying to find something hubby can eat. It is so challenging. Mum is still under the weather but I think a little better today. Yesterday was a little scary. How is it the scary stuff always happens out of hours?!

Hugs to all

Sue, love the photo, just love it. It's great to see photos of people, they then come "Alive" across the Internet. When you close your eyes you see a person, not just a name. It's way coooooool. Do I sound hip? No just stupid :)

Liz, glad to hear from you, and Jeff..............glad you didn't see the gesture. Don't drink too much our Liz, just a wee tipple.

Lori still praying hard.

I am soon off for my swim then I might go see how my trial patient is. Her MRI was hard to read ? Low grade astrocytoma, ? encephalitis who knows? Hope she is much better.

Went to see pirates of the carribean 4 . It was surprisingly good despite the terrible reviews. Apparently the Source Code is amazing, so I need to go see that as well. I do love movies. My time of escape from my swirling head, full of too much thoughts. Or maybe lack of thought would be more appropriate?

Have a lovely day y'all
Aly

Hey everyone, but Jeff. Umm please quit stalking my friend! Had my grands dance recital today they were all so cute! Been swimming too Aly, and I hope your patient is doing some better. Avril I just try to keep him some high calorie shakes made that Barry suggested, and I add everything that is full of calories. I hope mum sleeps well tonight, and you get some rest! Ok everyone have a great memorial Day tomorrow. HUGS to you all!

Good Ecening L;adies,

I cam't rememv er evreythimg tjhat had ben postred but here goes:

Lori, I kmnow U just wamt 2 sit & cruy....cam I sit with U? Now tjhat the cryimg X is ovcer U jhace 2 get up & put UR glovces on & come out fihgtimg! I cam't beieve this is hjappemimg. It pisses me ofd & I dom't likle tjhe fact thjey R hurtimg a friemd of mine. As Ann said go sit on UR State Repersemtqative's doorstep, thjen UR Congressmam's, tjen UR Govermnor's. Call tjhe newspaoer & asl thjem 2 do an artivle: perfect weelk 2 do it as it is a holi8day! Call UR local news statoin. It's amaxing whjat a few toes beimg stepoed on or ovcer does 2 get thimgs movimg. I wilo sauy extra prauerd 4 U 2nihgt.

Liz, Come out come out wjherecer U R? & wjhat ecer happemed 2 our quotes 4 tjh day? I miss U!

Avril, Glad U hjace a dr willimg 2 make huose calls! Gice KMum a kiss from me & 1 4 U 2.

Diane, I guses UR dog jhas arricved home safe & soumd. Hope hje didm't pick up amy bad habtis while he wasd awau. Think abuot truing tjhe raffle on UR home. Pepole buy tivkets from all ovcer tjh world.

Helen, I am giong 2 try to fimd a recipr 4 sexc on the beach. But I thinmk i will wait 4 myu climic cisit. I renenbre gettimg 1 of tjhe drs reports tjat said "she demies smking & drimkimg". OH, NO HE DI'INT call me a liaer! I wish I had reda the report b$ I lefr. I would jhace gicen hum a pieve of muy mind (not 2 big of a pc BC I need it).

Meg, have fuin in Hawaii.

Notgivnup, Welco,e & Just 2 let U know Sadiemae is the dog, Lori is tjhe lady.

Hjace a good nihgt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back