Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAAAGGGGHHHH! My whi,le post wsa eatren! So I srtat agaim.
Ann, I swa thjat U werre up larte last nihgt. I hoope it wsan't thje storms we hjad last eveming. & I prayu U dom't get thje 1s we hjave had this am. Bou thoes werre rouhg! I jhad just praued 4 raim, it jhas beem ovre 2 wks simce we jhad any & as tjheuy7 say B caerful what U wish 4. I wom't hjace 2 hace amy1 watre my palms 4 a while. I just suer hoper my littel 1s didm't wash awau. I hope hospive hjas been good this wk & if U hjad missed thje earlire post, I ?ed U abuot UR shorewimg habits. A littlre hihgre than am R ratimg!

Avril, I am sorru 2 hjear abuot UR MUM. I hjace necer had a urimary travt infectoin but jhace heard from pepole abuot how paimful tjhey can be. Hopefullu, hjers is im thje begimming stage & a roumd of anitbiotivs will quiclky heal her. Semd jher my best & as strated B4, we R with U always.

Helem, I wemt 2 Cola yesrtreday with my wayuward dauhgtre. I jhad 2 pickn up teacjher's gifts 4 grauysom's 2 teacjhers. We actuallu jhad a mice X. I wemt in2 a srtore called Bed, Bath & B yond & buohgt myself a tervis tumblre. Tjhe cuops tjhat R guareamteed 4ever. I jhad been buyimg 1 every couple weeks (they R quitr expensice). Each 1 hjas a beachj thene. I dom't drink, but I am thimking abuot it, so I buohgt 1 that has the sauimg, "It's 5 o'cloclk somewhrer". So, if U jhace a good recipe, I wuold like 2 try sex om tjh beach! Cuoldm't hurt!

Aluy, Maybe we cuold get our 2 girls 2gehtre & gice thjem a lessom. Hjannah sauys she's coning hone 4 graduatoin, but sje also said shje wuold B home 4 hjer sistre's weddimg! Kids 2dauy, I feel sorru 4 thoes paernts who hjace yuongre 1's. It's omlu goimg 2 get wores.

Lauerl, thanks 4 the emcuoragement on muy typing. Of cuorse, I dom't jhace a probnlem decipherimg it, BC it's still in my haed. I dom't kmow wjhat I will do wjhem tjhe fimgres go on muy rihgt hand. I dom't qualigy 4 Soc. Sec. BC I srtauyed home with the kids aftre Courtmey wsa born, so I an 1 cerdit shu from reveivming it. So no mdicare & hubby makles too much $ 4 me 2 qualigy 4 mediciad. Takl abuot beimg stuick bewteen a rock & ah ard plave!

Well, Ladise, Hace a 1dreful dau & 4 thoes with raim, Rum swiftly tru the riandrposps!

Good morning! I hope everyone is doing well this Friday morning. Things are finally slowing down at work. Now it is time to step it up on the home front. Rooms to clean, boxes to pack, and time to get ready for Hawaii! My husband and I are going for our anniversary in June. This is a time share that a friend at work has given us for the week. She is aware of hubby's diagnosis and wanted to be a part of the memory making. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people. :smile:

Helen - Good luck and congratulations on getting in to the trial. I wish we had something that would open up on our side.

Aly - Your trip sounds wonderful. I have never been overseas, but hope to see Scotland, Ireland, and France.....well, at least those are my top three right now. I am sure I could go on and on.

Avril - I am sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope that she is feeling well soon.

Have a great day!
Love and light
Meg;-)

Oh, I did 4get, Liz R we feeilng OK? U jhace been awfullu qiuet. I wamnt U 2 know I am thinkimg abuot U.

& Meg, UR post just poppde up, Hace fum & nhjoy. Cam U pack me im UR siutcaes? I wamt 2 go!

Sex on the beach wouldn't hurt! Kimberly imagine where the sand would go! Ouch my eyes are watering just imagining it. And thinking of drinking. Tell you what, make sure you drink heaps before the sex on the beach and you may not notice the sand!

Meg, have an amazing time in Hawaii. If you are staying on Oahu make sure you so snorkeling at Haunamu bay. I will never forget looking into the face of the sea turtle, and the wonderful spotted moray eed that slithered past........heaven. There is a little train that takes you up and down the steep hill, if you can't manage, and if someone can't manage the walk across the sand, they have special sand wheelchairs.
Add New Zealand to your list. You can both stay with me and we have a lovely beach house in a place called Whangamata, that you can use if you want.

Hope you and your mum have a better day today Avril.

Hugs to you all

The morning here has worn me out -- hospice aide, hospice LPN, housekeeper, Tim, computer tech and the computer still is having problems! Blue screen is a sign of death to the computer so I am backing things up and hoping all is saved.

This PM I have the OT person coming with info on bidets thru hospice. Having my butt wiped is the hardest change to endure so far. We talked to hospice and they put the order in for OT to see what we can get to help me regain some dignity.

Sun is shinning (at the moment) but more rain on its way! The grass is rowing and we will need a sickle instead of a mower if we don't get a dry day to mow soon.

Son and grandson coming tomorrow to bring our dog home and then will take me to the unveiling of a community art exhibit that I chaired 7 years ago and which is now a big fund-raiser for the Arts Council. Life size buffalo on the street corners and smaller pieces of western themed art from pottery to crystal buffalo on display in shops and restaurants. Should be fun.

Hope everyone has a blessed day - no falls or other bad stuff! :)

Diane, I uised 2 sau tjhat if @ 85 I cuold walk across tjhe floor & wipoe mu own A** I wuold B happu. Now I sau, if I cuold walkk acrosd thje floor & wiope it @ 55 I will B ticvkle3d pink!

Take pics of dowmtwon. U suire R a busuy lady!

Wow. the busy lives you have amaze me :) Meg, Hawaii sounds like a lot of fun! Glad work in the library is closing soon for the year--I know it's been really busy for you.

Kim, I don't think you should drink, LOL. We might enjoy it, but I do fear for you with that sand.

Diane, hope your visit with Son and grandson tomorrow is fun, and the exhibit is neat--sure sounds good. You have had way too much hospicefor one day, but the bidet is nice. With arms that don't work, it can accomplish a lot... but know Phil and my friends know me in a whole new way, even with the bidet.

My RN came today and learned the divided leg sling process and watched the hoyer use, which she already knew. Unlike the aide, who calls Phil "The Principal", Nurse Ann (really!) isn't afraid of him. I get the same aide and nurse all the time unless there's a vacation, and next week does bring the aide's vacation.

Avril, praying for you and your mum. You're in my thoughts a lot. Insert kiss here {X}.

Helen, hello. I keep forgetting about this house raffle idea which Kimberly brought up, but a neat movie, "The Spitfire Grill" would be helpful to watch with that in mind. And, Kimberly, I don't remember a house raffled off in Salisbury--nor does Phil, who has the better memory. I hope we didn't just miss that event! There are some good B&Bs in some of the smaller towns--I wonder if it happened in one of them.

Lori, praying your home stays put!

Liz, missing you...

Joyce, hope you're out on your deck!

Alrihgt, this computre & I R goimg 2 hjave it out. I jhad a post & 3rd X 2day it's just gome!

Pardom me as I repaet myself! I prau U dom't jhace the t-storms we R hacimg rihgt now. Thje last X we jhad tjhem this bad it hit our 2X. 1 was my bederoom hittimg my nihgtstamds & lamps. Aftre tjhat the lamps wuold come on by thjemsellces. Th 2nd hit was tjh opposite side of thje huose dowmstaris. Thjat 1 took uot tjhe big TV. So who tool my surgr protector off thje big TV ? I guiess notme did it!

Ann, I beliece tjhe huose was tjhe 1 rihgt B4 U get dowmtown Salisburty. But dom't quiote me; muy mind is as good as muy typimg! I will jhace 2 checl out tjhat movie. Muy huose would B simular 2 thje movie, "The Money Pit"! Probanly wores thjan theirs.

Amd as 4 srimking....I reallu am comsidreing truing it. Wjhat cam it hurt? May melkoe me out!

As 4 sex on tjhe beacjh, I had berrer start lookimg 4 a partmre thjat is willimg 2 "grit & bare it"!

Hi there guys & gals,
Meg, Hawaii sounds just great. While Ireland & Scotland are on your wish list (and they are wonderful), Hawaii and some of the places I hear of through this site are on mine! NZ Aly would be wonderful too.

So hospice failed to show today. I rang in and they phoned me back, agreed with me about what was probably wrong with mum and suggested I call the doctor. Well, could have done that all on my own! Anyway, the gp was so helpful and generous. He is certainly today's angel come to visit us. Was backed up with appointments today but gave me a script on the basis of our phone conversation and then called in to see mum on his way home. Further suggested that he would be open to pre-prescribing some of the syringe driver stuff we will probably need in the time ahead - if hospice ask him - so that it is in the house and ready to go so hospice nurses can go ahead and administer without having to wait for gp availability to visit & prescribe etc. Don't know whether they will want that but I was very touched by his thoughtfulness. So often whatever happens, happens out of hours or at the weekend. It would be great to know it was ready & available if needed. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best as Joel used say.

Also very touched by your continued well wishes, thanks. You all help me feel less alone here in our little corner of the world.

Dianne, hope you enjoy the exhibit, not to mention the return of the dog. Hope the bidet works out. I shall just say that until I googled it I had a picture of the low down ceramic bidet we had in a house once (the only one I have ever seen!) I couldn't imagine how this could possibly help anyone with als until I understood there were attachments to be had to toilets in your neck of the world - and even with warm or cold water options. Amazing. Mind you when the gut muscle tone goes I imagine even a bidet won't solve it, mores the pity.

Kimberly, your post has just popped up. Those storms sound scary. Saw pictures of the tornadoes and devastation over there on our news this week. Stay safe.

Ann, thanks for the prayers (& kiss), which are a great cushion to rest on. Can't believe your nurse is called Ann too.

Liz, can you come out to play.

As for sex on the beach - hmmm

Ok ladies, the DRINK is called sex on the beach.... I actually haven't participated in the real thing on the beach between the somewhat rocky shores of New England, and total lack of privacy! :) Besides, I wouldn't want to get bitten by a horseshoe crab!

I just went over to my Mom's and my stepdad Al is now pretty much wheelchair bound these days. I don't know if the creatine I take would help him either, but they probably wouldn't want to try it in any case. Since he's nearly 300 lbs, if he falls she has to call my brother and SIL who live next house over to help, or the fire department. Scary, and I don't see it getting better for him. He was having fun today, the pastor from their church and another lady from church were there playing cribbage with him. I kept telling them to stop cheatin'!

Gorgeous day here, but Ann, those darn peonies are still not blooming yet! My bearded irises are going strong, but no climbing roses this year as I chopped the bush way back to repaint that side of the porch. Still need to get hubby to get out and finish painting the lattice. Yard looks great, I do love this time of year.

Going to the movies tonight with present and previous roommates, then off to a local pub for a cocktail... I'll have a sex on the beach and think of you all! Probably will be pretty quiet there tonight, from the looks of it this whole town is off for the Memorial Day weekend to the beaches. Traffic was pretty heavy after school today, and all the SUVs had bike and roof racks full of stuff. Makes me wish I could get away for a few days as well. Aly, maybe someday we can all meet at your beach house.

Avril, hope your Mom is doing better, and glad that the doc stopped by to make sure she was (think I read that correctly!)

Liz, where are you?

Meg, enjoy Hawaii! Oops you're not going yet, but have a great time.

Kim, I hope those storms pass you by... we had a nasty one about a week ago at 3a.m. and I could feel the electricity in the air... very scary.

Laurel, can't remember what you wrote, so hello anyway...

and hello to all just can't remember who wrote what anymore.

So, with all the house bit going on, we just received notice that the VA made a mistake in granting my husband benefits, and EVERYTHING is going to be cut off. My son just got accepted to college, and now he can not go. Our income will be cut to the point we will be lucky to afford a one bedroom apartment. We will appeal, but we havealmost no chance of winning. Les can not stop crying, and I am so very frightened. Prayers please. HUGS Lori

Sadiemae I am so so sorry to hear this news. My prayers go out to your family. I still believe in Miracles...that will be my prayer for your family today to see one real soon! ((HUGS))

Lori that is awful, can't believe they can do that! I certainly hope something good happens for you! Hey Ann,meg..I want to go:( Diane enjoy your visit. Where is Liz?

Lori, is it possible to call your congress person and plead for help? I certainly will pray. Hugs and love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back