Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I gort thj text....The ship is slowlu, skwoly backimg out of thje port! & Life goes on......

Wellk, I am not a virfgim anymoer. Dom't lauhg! Get UR mimds out of tjhe gutter. I mean I did my 1st thread undre stories of hope.

Barry, I think you got us back with all our stories with your "Rapture" story... TMI! :)

Kim, I'm not definitely "In" yet, waiting for the blood work to come back fine, then, it's a go.... I think they're specifically looking at a certain type of white blood cell that can be affected by this medicine. Keeping my fingers (and blue toes) crossed. Oh wait, the toes won't get uncrossed if I cross them! Ann help me!

Sorruy; Helen, I wsa putiing thje cart B4 the hores. I will pray 4 good bloodwoirk.

Liz, R U OK? I jhacen't "seen" U in a whlie.

& U 2; Avril. I prauy U & Mum aer doing wll. Sending Locve 2 U.

I'm in the clinical trial! I start with my next appt, which is June 9...

Congratulations Helen, so pleased. I hope it all goes well. Nothing to lose :)

I spent yesterday booking Flights and getting onto facebook. Facebook is just plain weird, not sure I understand it's use, but if my Dad can have a facebook page, then I may as well. To my shock my kids accepted me as a friend! I even managed to put some photos of my Hawaii holiday on it. I had 30 emails after joining so not too pleased as I have 3 places to delete it all.......computer, iPad, iPhone. Took awhile.

The rain yesterday was amazing. I realized our soak pits were not handling it and spent an hour pushing rain into garden to stop it coming in the house! Annas fin ace lives with us and he came and helped. Ruby and Jake had fun running in the giant lake. It was almost over my gumboots. It's all drained away this morning thank goodness.

Hope you all have a good day, and it's great to hear from Peter and Barry.

Off to moderation .........obviously didn't like it again

Helen, congratiulati=oins! See I had 4sihgt! Muy appt @ MUSC MDA Clinix is also Jume 9th.

Aluy, I am sorry but I hjad 2 lauhg when I read soalk pits (@ 1st I thouhgt U were tallimg about UR armpits). So wjhat is a soakl pit: some- thing like a draimagre field? So UR boolking flihgts 2 whjere? & just wjhen werre U giong 2 discuss UR p;ans with us?

Kim I have always wanted to say I love the way that you type, and when you have someone else do the typing I am always disappointed. It is a bit like translating a foreign language but I love doing it <LOL>. It is just so you and is very lovable somehow.
Laurel

Delighted Helen that you are in the trial. Look forward to hearing more in June.

Barry, sorry to hear of your recent carer troubles. No, not so much sorry as sickened. Hope you get a carer upgrade pronto, if not yesterday. Peter, hiya.

Have been reading posts but not responding so much because have been feeling weary & weepy. Haven't so much to say when I'm like that. Mum is still as courageous as ever...but just not right today. I think she may have a little infection. Hospice nurse comes tomorrow so we'll see what she thinks. Here hospice visits at home are purely round symptom control. Glad to have them on board.
Hugs to each one.

I agree with Laurel :) . I sometimes read stuff the wrong way, keep reading Wonderful as dreadful. It puts quite a different slant on a sentence.

Kimberley you crack me up. Soak holes here are drainage field as you said not armpits. I would have a problem if Jonny had to sweep the water out of my arm pits.

Hubby, Sam and I are heading to UK in July to see my eldest Katie, stay with my cousin in London and then go to The Netherlands for a week, where I will be leaving Hubby to hang out at Utrecht hospital and complete his thesis. It's something about comparing lamotrigine and epilim in photo sensitive epilepsy. Blah blah, I really don't care! He will be there for about 6 weeks. I am worried about leaving my 18 year old alone, her uni holidays were moved and now she is home when we are away. I decided I just couldn't go to UK and my mum suggested I took her as well. Brilliant idea, but expensive. All the cheaper tickets were gone and hers cost $ 4000 NZ . Plus we will have to upgrade to a van and that triples the hiring price, accommodation etc. But I booked anyway and said I will try and pay it all back. Will be hard as I have very little work on. Oh well, I just have a feeling she is not too stable and after her suicide attempt nearly succeeding, I just never fully feel happy away from her. Oh these kids are such a worry :(

Avrill, your post came on a second ago. So sorry you are feeling a bit down. I hope your mum will be ok and the infection is not too bad. It's just one thing after another hey. Remember, we are with you in spirit, even though we are miles apart. Hug

Aly

Last edited:
Aly, glad you said where you are planning to fly to as I meant to ask....Nearly over here. I don't think mums infection is the end of the world, just urinary tract I think. Am just sensitive since I'm with her 24/7. But thanks for the sympathy. Mustn't send me too much though in case I get maudlin!

Avril, sorry to hear that you're feeling "down in the dumps"... hopefully your Mom will be feeling better so you will as well! When you break out the cranberry juice for your Mom (helps Urinary tract infections), add a little orange juice and maybe some peach schnapps and vodka, and you now have a drink called sex on the beach! That should bring a smile to you! :)

Aly, enjoy your trip! I think you're wise not to leave your daughter that you're worried about... how old is she, is she one of the younger ones? They can be so fragile at times.

Avril I don't want to add to your maudlin feelings, but I am thinking about you and sincerely hope that your mom feels better quickly. Hugs to you.
Laurel

Avril, my thoughts and prayers are added. I hope your mum gets over the infection soon and also you feel less stress.

Aly, good thinking to take Olivia with you. Sounds like a fun trip!

I think I missed reading posts on the last page and will catch up--Have a good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back