Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this already in the trials, but looks like as long as my bloodwork is fine, I'm in the study.... breathing, ekg, everything else passed with flying colors.

The sun is out today! 'Bout time, and the weathermen are saying thunderstorms that are leftovers from the same system that his Missouri will be coming through later on. Garden report: peonies still not out yet, a good thing with the thunderstorms coming!

My Mom came over this morning to help me with the house, always good to see her... my daughter's clothes are still everywhere, so we bagged them in a construction size trash bag and tossed them down cellar! Told her yesterday that it was going to happen, but kept hearing "I'm DOING MY HOMEWORK". Along with facebook, tv, etc.... I'm frustrated with that one.

ANYWAY, hello and have a joyous day to everyone, and prayers to all, especially those picking up the pieces in those awful tornadoes.

What does "Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired." mean? I just wrote the darn message! Yikes.

Helen, I'm glad you made out well regarding getting into the trials. Your mother sounds like such a treasure! I'm so glad you have her still visiting with you.

In answer to your question, if you begin to write a post but take too long (happens to me a lot--I get a lot of interruptions), and possibly if you've simply kept a page up for too long (in which case, just refresh the page before beginning your post), you will find you can't post your reply. What I do when I know or suspect I've taken too long, is open a second window, get a new reply open for the thread, and then cut and paste onto the new window.

Aly, I know you are hurting over your patient and I'm so sorry she's having serious trouble. Also sorry Charlotte is unhappy. Tough and aggressive kids are no joke. I suspect you'll always be a mother...

Joni, so sorry Bruce didn't do well with his tests.

Diane, glad your home and experiencing good weather. We got day after day of a few drops of rain, with one hard shower/thunderstorm. The pond's still very low. Storms lately are scattered... and I am glad I'm not in Missouri or anywhere there's tornadoes!

Hello dear Meg, Joyce and all else!

Love,
Ann

Morning Helly,
Glad your trial went well, hopefully all the bloods will be fine.
Hope the weather isn't too bad. I keep seeing the reports about Joplin. It's so upsetting, with more storms coming! Weathers bad here. 3 more days of rain coming. I suppose we are heading for June and mid winter. I have my 100 buxus plants to put in to my new garden, but the fog didn't lift all day, so I never went out, except to the hospital to see my poor trial patient! She is having an MRI today, conscious now but aphasic, so I suppose it's a nasty stroke, only 54 years old. Boo hoo

My mum is making all the girls quilts. They are lovely. She made one for latkes wedding present and has finished one for Annas wedding in December. Charlotte moaned that she wouldn't get married for ages so mum has decided to do them all now before she dies. She is a healthy 79 year old who can out walk me ( just). But she is wise I think. Anyway I am taking her to the fabric shop to choose some more material for the next one.

Couldn't find my new box of sleeping magic, hense getting up at 4 . 30 yet again.

Ann your post just popped up, morning to you as well. I will have a ton more paper work to do for my patient once the MRI ( hopefully) pinpoints the cause.

Now Helen, you keep well during your trial and save the trial nurse all that worry and sleepless night :)

Meg, Marta, Joni, Joyce, Sue, Lori, Avril, Joni, Liz, Kimberely, Dianne, Helen, Ann, Barry, Peter, and anyone else who my brain has forgotten about momentarily, have a good one.

Boys where are you all? We can't be that scary.

Thanks Ann and Aly, I'll try to behave myself! Not easy for me, I just want to get stuff done...

Great idea to get those quilts made, they'll always be treasured. It made me laugh though, because my Aunt had crocheted me a blanket for my wedding gift, and finally gave it to me when I was about 30 because she didn't want to wait to see if/when I'd get married! I got married about 2 years later.

Speaking of weddings, has anyone seen the movie Bridesmaids? Looks funny, I may be going on Friday with a couple of younger friends of mine... actually my current roommate who's 29, and my former roommate who's 36! Seems they're becoming good friends now, I'm so glad as neither have many friends in the area, and their families are problematic. We're just a big happy crazy family here! Well, once in a while I guess. If only I could afford it. After the movie, we may go to my friend's (who drove me yesterday to my appt) house with a hot tub and a bottle of bubbly! So long as it doesn't rain, which it probably will.

I got outside in the sun for about 1/2 hour today, now it's overcast again. It's definitely warmer outside than in, and my feet were so cold (and left leg was blueish red again). Does anyone else have blue toes? Only my left ones are, and a bit swollen. I have to say the older you get the uglier your feet get, and this didn't help it any! But I do love baby toes! :)

Hey Barry, Peter, et al... where are you guys? Tired of drinking tea with the girls? We could add a touch of something to yours if you'd like.

Avril, I haven't seen you on either, hope your Mom is doing well.

Helen, my feet said to tell yours hello, the left one went cold and purple (eventually swollen) first, but was soon joined by its partner in crime. TEDS compression stockings help, and so does staying in bed 10-12 hours at a time. If the toenails begin to split and pop up, get those tootsies elevated in a serious way.

I used to quilt quite a lot--in terms of time, not number. I liked to hand piece and hand quilt. Aly, it's wonderful your mother is making quilts for your girls.

Helen, your housemate sounds like fun!

yes she is... too talkative at times, but has such a good heart. She's polar opposites from my former roommate, which helps bring the former roomie out a little. My current roomie dragged the former one out last Saturday night into a gay bar in Worcester, dancing the night away. She chose that one because no one cares who you dance with... I think I heard them get in around 3 a.m.

One of my best friends is a master quilter... also a quilt judge, has flown all over the place doing that. My kids and I have some of her quilts, but many of them are just pure artwork. I also designed an exhibition catalog for the New England Quilt Museum's show a couple of years ago for Swiss quilt design. Gorgeous work! Let me know if you want a pdf copy of the catalog, I can pm it to you.

Hii girls,

I am still here, been busy in the last few days doing some computer work for the state team and sorting out some paper work getting ready for the tax man in July. I know it is only may but you have to do it sometime.

I do visit and read the posts though, if i didnt then this thread would be pages long that i would have to catch up with. :lol:

I hope you are all well and keep on posting

cheers
Peter

Helen I wish I had had some fun roomies like that when I was young. I can just see your daughter's look when she has to find her clothes:) Aly that is so nice of your mom to do that. I have quilts my mom quilted for my kids too! hello to evryone else too:)

Peter, so nice to hear from you--and glad you have the involvement with the shooting!

Joyce, hope today at the doctor brings you further along in the search!

I'm to be showered by the aide with her supervisor watching to evaluate in a moment! Two with me at the same time....!

WHOA, Ann, didm't kmow U werre thjat kimd of girl! Now thje truie colors shime. & poor Phil is rihgt nect door & jhasn't a cliue. I hoope evcreything is workimg outr well.

Helem, I cam't wairt 4 UR huose 2 sell...Mayne we cam puit our heads togerthre & choose a coloer. Poor Grauyson is so upest about our door. Just waoit till shje sees thje turquoise/teal coloor trin I am goimg 2 hjace some1 paimt. I tried thje door but my arm will onlu go so hihg & me & laddres dom't mix. I pictuerd myself stamding tjhen fallimg into tjhe fuschia colored door & the paimt cam giong with me. Wouldm't I hace beem a prettuy mess! Did U see my suggestoin a whlie back? Thjerr R raffels people do & tjhey malke mor $ by rafflomg the huose off tham by sellomg. Abuot 2 or 3 yurs ago, a man in Edgewater, MD did it. That wsa the last 1 I hjave herad of. He owed too mucjh 2 sell (abuot 285,000) amd wuomd up rafflimg it off (for 100 per ticklet) & maling abuot 200,000 moer tjhan he needed. Popel from otjher cuomtries buohgt tickets. I blieve it wsa in the The Capital paper in Anne Arundel Count, MD. Cuoldm't hurt 2 try!

Joni, I am sooo sorry I wsa tryimg 2 tale UR huose away. & ecem this am I jhace now alredau 4gottem who doesm't want 2 sell the huose! Too much readimg taxes my little braim.

Oh, I thinj it's Sadiemae & Lori (sadiemae the dofg). I hoope GOD didm't amsreew my prauers thje last few dauys! I will correvt thjat now.

Aluy, I thinj I wuold hier some1 2 plamt thjose buheses & wathc thjem doimg it fron i fromt of a fier. Just dom't lt Hunby kmow whjat the bill was!

Jouce, do U wamt to come sit with me in muy boat & paddle 4 a whlie? It seems like therer R a few of us up tjhe same creekl.

& Petre, I hace alwauys beem told 2 wacth out 4 the quiet 1's! U must B cookimg up somehting good.

Well. I wamt U 2 kmow; thjat I am nort depressed, just exjhaustred aftre the weddimg. My mothre ?ed me @ the receptoim, if I wsa depressed yet? I said NO, Y? Shje said sher wsa deperssde rihgt aftre the weddimg wsa ovre BC, it wsa just tjhat, thje weddimg wsa ovre \. I am just plaim ehxauwsted! I hjacen't slept rihgt im daus (& ralluy is thart any diffrent tham usaul?). & now I am worried BC 2 of muy babies R not hjrer. Courtmey & Janmes leave 4 thje Bahanas @ 4 2day on a criuse & Limdsau & Chris (hre fianmce) R @ thje beach. I worru so whjen tjhey R gome! Helem, maybne U need 2 semd a roomie dowm so I cam go out & hjace a good X!

Wel;, hjave a womdreful aftrenoon, Y'all & someboduy make some fresjh T, mime hjas spoikled in this jheat!

Ann, I agree, didn't know you were that kind of girl! Oh, and tell your blue toes that mine also said hi!

Kim, I'm sure there's always some sort of letdown after a big event like your daughter getting married, and then going off on her honeymoon. First, you're too busy to be tired before, and you can finally let a sigh of relief afterwards! Don't worry about your daughter, sounds like she's got a good one, and if not, she can always toss him back later on... kidding! Enjoy your peace and quiet and the sunshine.

Funny that you mentioned the lottery idea, I was thinking of that the other day... maybe starting a face book campaign to get it sold... I guess the problem is, except for the money problem, I wouldn't sell in the first place, and I don't get why no one is interested in it! People are afraid of old houses I guess, even though most of the stuff has already been replaced.

Peter, glad to hear from you! Do you Aussies have to pay taxes in July? We get hit in April here, and its a good reason to dread the month!

We've had sun now for part of 2 days in a row, I'm waiting for the peonies to burst out!

Hope everyone is ok today, no falls, and only good news coming our way. Blessings to all in the South dealing with those tornadoes and floods. Hmm, maybe that "Rapture" guy is right, between earthquakes, floods and tornados around the world! Not...

Actualky; Helen, Whem I read the article, he strates thjat the beginnimg of tjhe end was 2 srtart oln May 21 & thje enmd would actualky B on Ocvtobre 21. We also had 2 B "rihgt with the LORD" by May 20th. I jmkust wished I cuold hjave hjad the $140,000 the 1 man blerw on fluyres & billboadrs! Some pepole R just plaim crazuy.

Re thje houes:
Try lookimg up thje artivle in my othre post & see if he memtoins wjhat co he usde. Bacl whem I was abuot 20, a fanily rafgled off tjheir B & B tjhe same wau. Biut tjhat 1 hjad stipulatoims, it jhad 2 remaim a B & B. Ann mihgt remembr it. Thje house I thimk wsa in Salisbury, MD.

&, Helem, she siure does jhace 1 1ndreful husbamd. I giuess thjat's Y I cride onluy a littke this X. Wjhen my Son got marreid, I bawled so much durimg tjhe rehearsla thjat he turmed aruond & ?ed me if I wsaa goimg 2 do tjhat 2morrow! I onlu cried a little durimg thje cerenony. & durimg Cuotrney's rehearsla, I didm't cru at all. I still sob a littel evrey dau & tjhe fummy thimg is tjhey R only licimg a mile awau & will B comimg ovre 4 dimmer 2 X a week. U kmow a Momma wamts to make sire theu eat well.

& Petrer, evem the BIBLE saus "Pauy unto Cesear whjat is Cesears". I knoe it hurts; but, U hjave 2 do wjhat U hace to do!

HJace a 1dreful aftrenoon! Hubny gets paid 2dau & thje 4 of us R giomg out 2 eat!

Hello everyone, too tired to read and get caught up on this thread but I just wanted to say that I just experienced Rapture when I let go in my Depends! Too much information? I'll come back later and make a real post :)

Barry; as I said B4, if I cuold I wuodl. I hoppe U get the prpoer caer ASAP! & I know U said no leeaks, jusrt B caerfuol not 2 add anohtre drop. I giuess U muist jhace been drimking a littel too much tea. I guiess nmext X U mihgt wamt 2 erat a littel spomnge cake wiht it!

Love Yuo, Barry,

Helen; I dom't knoe whreer my braim wsa, biut conmgrats on gertting in tjhe new trials. I kmoe U will keerp us imformde wiht what U can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back