Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann what is bush hog! The mind boggles!glad Phil is not the cause for the alarms. My second daughter is Charlotte.
So Katie 25, Charlotte 23, Anna 22, Olivia 18 and Sam 12. That's the line up.

I did check with Paul about the garden, he seems not to disapprove. It's an expensive option, because of the price of buxus. I will buy tiny ones and spend 2 years being patient. That's what I did at the front of the house....... Ow yuck, kitty is dribbling all over me again. I like her affection, but you always get soaked. Off to the pools I go, got to get out of the house cause as you know Hubby is home:)

Aly, honestly, the dribbling cat cracks me up. I'm glad Hubby likes the Knot Garden. I had thought about making one for awhile, then remembered I really like sort of a "controlled wild" look!

I have not seen this Bush Hog--bought since I lost my ability to go outdoors. However, Phil made one early on, which I've used (the new one is an attachment for the tractor). Anyway, it cuts down saplings, brush and all kinds of undergrowth. We have an invasive "Devil's Walking Stick"--one of the nastier varieties of undergrowth with underground runners as well as berries which drop seed, blah blah blah. A Korean friend stirfries the young growth of the perennial plants. That's the only kind thing I can say about them. We also have way too much pokeberry, which is similarly invasive. Then there are briers. The big three. He's probably also going to cut down pine, maple and oak saplings to my dismay. I'm concerned about the wild critters losing their homes. He's tired of sharing the garden with them. And he wants air circulation to counteract humid air...which is a great idea.

Last edited:
I had an image of Phil crashing through undergrowth with a shotgun chasing a wild bush hog( pig) . Certainly need to adjust that image :)

Sounds very Australian, Aly... He has a black waxed (?) longish coat he wears with an Australian hat, used in hard rain during cold weather--a "Drover's coat" if there is such a thing. I call it his "Zorro outfit". Did you watch Zorro as a kid? Phil doesn't have the mask... :)

Loved Zorro as a kid. That takes me way back. My kids all used the long waxed coats when riding their horses in the rain. Paul has an Aussie hat. He hates his head getting wet, cause he has an enlarging bald patch :). No hope for Sam avoiding male pattern baldness.

Just got back from swimming, swam 1 km, best ever. I remember when I got excited and swam 40 lengths for all you lot, now I am swimming over double. It's an amazing incentive while swimming. Anna said my arms had got thinner yay.

We are off soon to buy some buxus. I have a bird bath made by an artist that will be at the centre. It's inside at the moment , but will soon take it's rightful place outside. Won't ever see any birds tho, because no doubt, Kitty, Belle and cookie will keep them away. I will have to find a way of attaching it to the ground or Ruby will knock it over. She never looks where she is going, silly pup.

Love aly

Kim, it is Lori not wanting her place not to sale...lol Mine isn't for sale. That's alright I can't keep up either.

Ann it took 3 days for my headache to go away. Tried to get my doctor to call something in, but they wanted me to come in, and I did not have time. Anyway my sister was down for the weekend, nephews,friends. We had some fun around the pool, and I got blistered. Bruce goes for his swallowing study tomorrow. Joyce I sure am sorry about your brother, I will certainly pray for him, and you! Sue I am glad your friends and family gave you a nice party! Yea! Marta glad you had a good visit with your mom:) Ann I hope your weekend went well! Aly swim some laps for me.. Jeremy my son had the gall to look at me saturday and say, everytime I look at you, you are eating..guess i needed to hear that!

Hi all, yet another rainy day here in good ole Taxachusetts, hope everyone is doing well today... I'm going to my first appt at Mass General for the clinical trial, a friend of mine is driving me into Charlestown (next to Boston). A bit nervous about getting there, I never know whether I should use the walker, the cane, or use a wheelchair when I get there. Guess I'll bring both and figure it out then. I really hate this weakness crap!

Nothing on my house yet, but that's ok I can manage to get one more summer out of here that would actually be nice. My gardens are all lush and green, but no blooms as there's literally been 1 day with sunshine in the last 8+ days. I did post a few photos of my garden to show Ann in my album.

Praying for us all, no bumps, bruises, bad news of any sort!

...And those photos are beautiful, Helen. I believe in using the wheelchair when at the hospital, Helen--you'll conserve strength. I'm glad your friend will be driving you and you'll have the company. Friends are such a blessing. So sorry you have more rain! Actually, so do we...but we need it.

Joni, three days with a Migraine is beyond my imagining. I had them as a child--unforgettable misery, but they went away when I slept in a darkened room. And you have sunburn now also! Bruce is in my prayers for his swallowing study today, while Helen is for her appointment. Safe traveling!

Aly, I'm so proud of you, as you've doubled your laps and your arms are getting tightened up. Mine look like an 80 year old's. It doesn't bother me, but sort of fascinates me..."who is this person?"--sort of like being in a time machine. And to have a birdbath made for you is neat. We want pictures when you get it! You need a long stake at the base to hold it in the ground so the pup can't knock it down...or fill it with rocks!

Joyce, you are certainly not forgotten, nor is your brother. I hope your day brings what you need... test results.

To everyone else, have a great day--and please don't fall or get sick.

Ann, I can't imagine you need rain -- it was so lush and so rainy when we were back east that I thought you were never going to run out of moisture! LOL

Helen, like you - one more summer here would be nice! On the other hand, if someone knocks on the door and makes me an offer - I'll hand over the keys and be out of here.

Joni, glad you are feeling better - blisters hurt. Tell Bruce to remember this test is not painful - just lacks good flavor!

So good to have the hospice aide this morning -- she lotioned me up good and gave me a foot massage that worked the kinks out. She commented that she noticed some more weakness but when I got on the scale it showed only a 1/2 pound loss ..."Good girl, Diane". Must have been all the fast food we consumed!

The sun is out but rain is in the forecast -- think I will get outside now while Kathy is here to help me manuever the yard.

Wishing everyone a good day with NO crisis and lots of laughter. Group hug!

Hi all. My day has turned to custard. Nothing new with me I suppose :)

I popped in to work to tidy up some folders, when my Hubby popped out of his office to say one of my MS patients, who I just saw last week, had collapsed and was in ER. There is a lot of paper work when any trial patient is admitted into hospital. You get 24 hours to let the safety people know, and red flags are put up. Anyway I knew she had collapsed, but was shocked to be taken into the resuscitation room, to find her unconscious still, intact she was worsening. I had to try so hard not to cry. I have known her for 3 years, intact she was the first patient in the world to start on this new drug. Her family are devastated. I hope she will be ok :( looks like a stroke or aneurysm burst. The drug is not to blame thank goodness.
It's just reminded me how tentatively we all hang on to life. Each day should be lived like the last.

Charlotte also had a meltdown at her new school. The kids are tough and aggressive, not something she has ever seen in her closeted life.
She has come home for a couple of days and is scared to go back. When do our children ever stop breaking our hearts?

On another note, Joyce I am frustrated for you, but not surprised.......been there done that. At least it points you toward the pls diagnosis. It's something I suppose. Something treatable would have been nice, but highly unlikely, after such a long time.
Thinking of you, your family and brother.

Aly

Bruce's swallowing study was not hard, but the news from it was. I know they are going to want the feeding tube in, as he is choking so much on everything. Darn disease! Aly Bug sorry about your patient. I guess we all think in a way that we are invincible. Good for you Diane for keeping the weight on.I hope you are getting some rest from your trip, the massage sounded so good..Ahh wish it had been me..lol Ann we need some rain also, but I think it is headed our way thursday. headache is completely gone, thank goodness! Been to dance, and swimming lesson , and hospital this evening, tomorrow baseball. Summner is fun, but boy sometimes I just would like to rest. ok group hug((()))Have a good nite everyone:)

Join, sorry to hear about Bruces swallow study, not being too good. You are right.ALS sucks big time !

you all have been so busy with chat since I last posted! I have read it all and wish the best for those who are going through difficult time and happy for the wedding. Aly so sorry for your client that is not doing well, I will pray for her. Yes my results are still up in the air but it does still point and fit the diagnosis of PLS. Just wish the Mayo docs would have done a better job.

Thank you all for your prayers for my brother. One day at a time is how we all live.

Anyway, you all have a great night!

Just a quick run in to say hi and let you all know I am thinking of you. I wish there were happier stories amongst us today. Sending all of you prayers for peace and love as we power through our day.
Love and light
Meg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back