Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning ladies! Hope today finds everyone happy and well. Helen, that sounds like a nasty fall. Hubby had one of those yesterday too. Take it easy, missy!

Diane - that sounds like a nasty fall too. Hope your cheek is less swollen today. Safe travels.

This is my super, duper busy time of year at school. Don't worry if I do not appear, just know I am always thinking of my tea party!:D

Happy Friday!
Love and light
Meg

Joyce, any news yet from the doctor? I may need to go to the PLS section and check on you :) I do hope you have some energy today.

Helen, I so hate it that you're hurting. It seems right now between falls and scary illness, we're in disarray. In thinking about you and your computer problems recently, I wanted to report I've been using a trackball instead of a mouse. I'm really not used to it and find it hard to use to cut and paste in particular, but...first of all, Phil had bought it and never opened the package--changed his mind, and therefore free. Plus I raise my arms to type in bed (where I am now), but this device can be on me, under the computer. I'm hoping to get used to it.

Meg--know you're thought of while gone. I've read your blogs and am hugging you virtually right now.

Liz--I love you dearly. I hope you always know that.

Avril, I so hope your mum and you have a much easier day today.

Joni--Headache is gone, I hope?

Aly, if you aren't lots better, I beg you to follow doctor's advice/order....please.

Diane, safe travels on roads and in your stops...and please be extra careful.

Still in Ft. Dodge- thanks to "my man" who decided to let me have a rest day before we head home. He called our housekeeper before I woke and learned there is 4 inches of snow at home! I slept till 11:00 and feel better. This has been a hard trip on me -- legs and arms - so I welcome a day of rest.

I can't wait to get back home where I can use Dragonspeak or Mind Mouse to tell you all about the adventure without fighting the keyboard. :)

Diane, he's a keeper! I'm glad to know you're having a rest day and you could sleep until 11--that's great. I have been amazed and glad you've been able to do so much in this trip, knowing you're a better woman than I, by far! But getting home (ok--without snow!) must sound lovely.

Stay safe...

Hi All. I am back to my normal self. Headache free. Told my Hubby " I told you so". He said it was not a competition, on who is right and who is wrong.......quite correct, he is. I saved $1500 by not having the MRA, so don't you think I should be taken out for dinner?

Kimberley, how exciting, the day has finally arrived, well it has here. I hope it's fantastic for you all, and everything your daughter dreamed it might be. Your idea of going getting your nails done was great, I am going to pinch it for Annas wedding in December, thanks

Dianne, you are soon home, so glad you got the rest you needed.

Hope your head is better Joni, and your bruises heal Helen. My it's been a hard week for everyone hasn't it? Next week will need to bring healing and rest for everyone. Take it easy ladies and be careful.

I have guests for dinner and stupidly decided to try a recipe that Rachael Ray did on tele yesterday. It's going to be embarrassing if it fails.

Hope to here about how the wedding goes Kimberley.
Aly

Kimberly, hope the wedding goes great! Sending you love and prayers for strength.

Aly, I am so glad you're back...a bit concerned since your last post here.

Hope everyone's Saturday is without falling or any other disaster.

THE SUN IS OUT! I'm going to go outside before it disappears again...

Have take my car to my daughter's church youth group car wash as well... raising money for their mission trip to Chicago. Last year they were in NYC, she worked at a food pantry/kitchen all week. I love that they do this stuff.

Kim, hope your weather is spectacular, I'm sure the wedding will be, no matter what.

I'll check in later to see what everyone's been up to... smiles to all!

Good morning Ladies! I apologize for not dropping by recently. Mom is here and I just pop in to make sure everything is okay and it looks like everyone is doing well. We've been having a good time together. Tonight, we're doing dinner with a bunch of ladies. This has been exhusting I must say! We went to lunch yesterday and did a little shopping and that was it for me. Real party animals we are! LOL! Mom will be here until next Saturday. Brad will be back from his fishing trip on Wednesda. All is a little soggy but sunny and fresh at the moment. I've been thinking of you all and wishing you joy.
Love to you,
Marta

Good morning ladies! I am enjoying my 4th and final cup of coffee on this beautiful Saturday morning. It will be a full day of chores and birthday parties, but am going to relish being a Mom today!

Wishing everyone well!
Love and light
Meg:p

Pretty quiet around here without Bradley. He's having a good time. No caught fish yet but they're going to have a fish fry by hook or by crook. They'll drive to Brainard to buy some Walleye. LOL! This is how it goes most years from what I understand. Goofy boys.

Marta and Meg, sounds like you are both having a lovely day. I think I may find a nice place to go for a walk, somewhere a little different maybe.

My Rachael Ray inspired dinner was a huge success last night. Pity she is so irritating, I do try and avoid her programme. I only watched it this week cause it had inspirational weight loss stories. I always like to read about peoples successes.

Now Helen, you be more careful, no more bruised toes and falls. Take care at the carwash!

Ann, hope your day is going well. Thinking of you as always.

Liz must be busy pumping iron :)

sorry I haven't been checkin in much. Dealing with the usual stuff such as not hearing from the surgeon again this week, even though I KNOW he has the complete report as of yesterday and he was in his office yesterday too...just he didn't call me! I have an appointment next Wednesday with my GP doc and on Monday I will go to the surgeon office and demand a copy of the report to take with me to my Wed. appointment.

My big bro who had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was cleared of having that anymore after all the treatments, just called me with the latest report of a liver biopsy they did because of a spot they found during his 3 month checkup scan. He now has stage 4 liver cancer. Today he is expecting his 3 grandaughter to be born and he is 'babysitting' his grandaughters at the park while mommy and daddy are at the hospital. My heart hurts for him as I know he is trying to understand his fate in all this. Prayers are needed if you all are the praying sort.

I am exhausted but doing what I can around here. With summer coming there is so much to do and not enough energy for me to do them!
I took lil one to horse riding today, didn't do much other than sit and watch, but I am sooo exhausted already! Off for a nap.

Hi gang-- gosh I've been away a while, but what a busy few weeks! Been thinking of you all.
Went to Boston to start my dex trial on May 3rd. Helen, we are not on the same schedule! Will have to arrange to meet another way.
Then on May 7 flew to Nebraska for my last professional meeting- mixed feelings there but so glad to see my work buddies, and they had a really nice party for me one night. I managed not to cry during the party, but leaving there on the morning of the 11th completely fell apart.
Then on the 12th an old friend who's a traditional Irish fiddler flew in for a visit and the kick-off of the house-concert series that my brother has cooked up "to surround me with friends and music"; that was on Saturday and I got got be "queen" and enjoy the 100 friends who came (my brother and his wife have quite a mailing list) and a fabulous evening of music and love. Next one, July 23rd.
Next morning my a capella group trouped up here to sing at church, and blessed be, I can still sing even though my talking voice is so bad! They brought a potluck lunch and after they left I took a 4-hour nap :)
Meanwhile, DH Roy left on a 6-day canoe trip, and we set up a schedule for someone in my extended family to stop in each morning and night. That worked great! My brother drove me to Boston Wednesday for my 2-week check-in on the dexpramipexole trial- it was nice to get to spend the day with him.
So, no big changes since I started the trial except for losing 4 lbs and getting my period for the first time in 8 months-- neither of which I am happy about! Not sure why the weight loss- been eating as much as I can. Yesterday it was starting to come back up (the weight, not the food!)

Kimberly, so happy for you today!
Diane & Helen, watch those falls, and keep the Arnica handyy.
Everyone else, it'll take me a while to catch up. But I've been thinking of you all, every day!
love
Sue

Attachments

• rainbow_postcard_liz_sm.jpg
    rainbow_postcard_liz_sm.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 111
I will be praying for your big brother Joyce. Such sad news.
Laurel

Sue, so good to hear from you. Sounds like you are surrounded by wonderful caring people. Hope the trial goes well for you.

Joyce so sorry that your brothers cancer has spread. Cancer cells are just beastly little things, and love the liver. Will be praying for you.
I hope you get those darned results soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back