Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the amount wrong, it's $10 million Cellucci is raising...

BTW, I didn't particularly like him as governor, and as soon as Bush became President, he became the 3rd Republican governor in a row to ditch his office for an cushy appointed one... and if that wasn't bad enough, the woman who was his lieutenant governor was unqualified to begin with, and pregnant with twins when he left! Like he couldn't have waited and finished out the year, and NOT screw this state?

Anyway, raining again today, for the 6th day in a row, and supposed to rain at least through Sun morning. I feel like we're living in Oregon, not New England! And I think we've had more rain than they have. All my peonies are in bud at the same time (they're usually earlier and later), but won't bloom 'cause there's been no sun since last week (which rained alot too)

Have a good day all!

Meg and Helen, I hope you both get a nice sunny stretch now, with warm temperatures. (not hot!) We're climbing to high seventies, chance of T storms...but for all the dark weather we've had, there's been very little real rain---must all be in MA!

Diane, where are you today? West Virginia yesterday... that leaves a lot of territory before getting to Custer SD!

Avril, I hope you and Mum are having a good, unstressed day today. That's my plan, too.

Joni, I know you're busy--because you always are...hope today includes something fun for you.

Liz and Aly and Joyce... and everyone----Love you all.

I am happy to report that I spoke with the hospice nurse today and after joking about my smile NOT having anything to do with how I feel, I was able to tell her what I needed to have changed. She was very reassuring, and while the trainee has to come everywhere (here, in other words), I can ask my aide to have her stay downstairs so we can pay concentration on the sling and hoist. The nurse efficiently was out in a half hour since she was aware of my fatigue. Thanks for the great pep talks this last week--you guys were right on target! :)

Falling asleep in my chair! Quick! Say something funny!

Ann. Way to go! I'm so glad you were able to say what you need & have it well received. I am also glad you are able to speak up to cue the various folks who handle your sling.

Where is Dianne? Not lost & going round & round the same freeways I hope.

Liz, yes, greatly loved. Did you not know?

HM the Queens visit is still ongoing here. You asked why it's taken her so long to travel one hour. One hour geographically, light years historically, politically etc. Complicated. But in short let's just say this is a significant piece of history in the making and marks a relationship of neighbours & friends rather than one of conflict. Both the Queen & our President made meaningful speeches at last nights state banquet.

On a related note. Security is tight. Crossing the city today I was stopped twice. Never saw so many gardai(police) in my life. President Obamas security detail has also arrived in preparation for his state visit next week. He will visit Moneygaul, a little village where his ancestors hail from. Security detail spent the day checking and sealing off all 150 manhole covers in the village today. Local publican has ordered 90 barrels of Guinness (instead of his usual 15) to cope with the visitors. Heady stuff altogether.

Back here at the ranch day was spent in nausea & poop. Hopefully all past now. In between the news broke of the death of one of our own great statesmen Dr Garrett Fitzgerald, so I imagine there will be a state funeral in the next few days in between these great State visits.

Well done if you're still reading & love to each one.

Avril, interesting days you're having, poop and nausea notwithstanding! The Queen and then our Pres visiting you all within a week of each other. He was here in Boston last night, but just for fundraisers for the next election.

Today is ALS Campion Day (or something like that) in Boston, at Fenway Park, all the celebrities will be there to honor our former gov. Paul Cellucci for coming out that he has ALS, and to kick off the ALS campaign. Good stuff is happening I think in our world.

Is anyone watching Oprah's last few shows? They're all tearjerkers, I gotta stop watching them...

I took a nasty fall at lunch today, I was walking from my kitchen to my office with my grilled cheese sandwich, and my left knee just went out, I stumbled forward and smashed it on the cellar door before hitting the floor. It really hurt! Nothing like hardwood floors on your knees. I picked up my sandwich, managed to get to the fridge and get 2 ice packs, and got myself to the living room and put my legs up. My left knee was bleeding, and I was wearing blue jeans. I guess I was getting to cocky, all that walking around and stuff, and didn't pay enough attention to my left leg and it got me back for it. After I iced it for a while, I managed to get some work done on a project, cooked supper, and now, I'm going up to bed and put my leg up again. (Oh, and I did manage to eat that grilled cheese sandwich about an hour afterwards, it was still good!). I think I need to invest in some good knee pads, this is getting old.

Helen that fall does sound nasty. Sorry. Maybe you need a trolley on wheels for that sandwich which was obviously out to get you!

Oh, Helen, I know...and please know you'll need down time that may seem disproportionate to your fall--but the body seemed always to react as though it had been through a war. I'm so sorry. The first times my knee went like that it shocked me.

Avril, I have an idea about the distance Queen E. is traveling. Yeah, Ireland--good job!

Barry, if you read this, how is your renovation coming along?

Avril- i question it almost daily.

today, i am very :(

Sorry Helen, sad about your fall. What a bunch we are. I have been really sick, bad headaches, vomiting blah blah. Hubby dragged me out to Drs this morning, cause he thought the whoopsie head pain, might have been a brain bleed. Went to Doctor but refused to have an MRI. Not into tests. Feeling a bit better and kept some puffed wheat down. I have 24 hrs to get better, before I have to get tests.........will get better for sure.

Love ya all

Checking in from Ft. Dodge, Iowa -- pretty hard to get lost in the wide open spaces out here. :)

Helen, sounds like a nasty fall -- I hope you are healing nicely and allowing others to pamper you a bit. I did a similar trick after the race on Sunday. We were in the motel room and Tim was helping me get undressed for bed. Suddenly My legs gave out and I fell into a chair - pushed my glasses into my face and hit my cheekbone on the wooden arm. We put ice on it and I slept soundly but woke with a black eye and swollen cheek on Monday! Today it is turning green. :)

SD bound tomorrow .....

Love you all

Helen you got to quit having them nasty falls, bless your heart! Diane so you have a black eye...picture please...lol Aly hope your headache gets better, have had a sick migraine all day, so i know how you feel. Love all of you, but need to get some rest!:)

So sorry you also have suffered a fall, Diane. It sounds miserable. Diane, I've tried to get the glasses off before I'm moved--but it's one more habit to try to make. I can only imagine how you must look forward to being in your own home now.

Aly! Yikes. I hope you're better and have a bug that hit, and not a brain bleed. You must be a strong woman to say no to Hubby on this--hope you're right.

And Joni, too. Migraines are so mean.

Meg? Hope you're still okay!

Sending wafts of sympathy to all of you in pain...

Good Morning Ladiues,

We hace been very busy hre gettimg ready 4 the weddimg. Tomorrow's the big dau! I was up til 2 am & then couldm't ger 2 slep. My legs hurt so bad. Meds didm't help eithre. Was up ecery 2 hrs. Now we R off 2 ger our nails dome. Kids tease me I am a naik bitre & hace long nails on 1 hand BC I cam no lomgre put my arm 2 ny mouth. Bit still giong 2 hac both dome.

So much has happemed simce I went away. So I will tru 2 remebner:

Ann, so Glad U spoke up! It's tuohg I kmow. I cam speak up 4 my kids but wjen it cones 2 me I clam up.

Avril, I am semding prayuers for an easire week!

Liz, thjey offre kick boximg at our Y, wich I cuold take it. It lools like a lot of fum!

Joni & Meg, boht of U need 2 rest (ha, tjhat coming from some1 who trid walkimg in hels yestreday). Neithre of U wamt to ger sick & B out of commisoin!

Aly, listem 2 UR hubny. I know tjhat's a tuff 1 but hje is the Dr, rihgt.

Diane, glad U enhoued the race. Prauing 4 safe travels. & the Beltwauy is not 4 sissies! My husnband & I traveled it evreydauy 4 yrs. 1 X am ovcerpass collapsed killimg 1 & injurimg othres & jhe necer made it 2 work tjhat dau. & rush hr tradfic is stop & go (pepole talk abuot traffiv goimg in2 Colimbia & I lauhg; theu travel at sometines 30 mph & thinmk thjats trafdic).

Joni, prauers 4 UR plave not 2 sell & Diame & Helem 4 UR's TO sell.

I hoppe I didm't miss any1. If I did, I apooligize up fromt!

Prau tjhat I walk dowm tjhat aisle 2morrow. It will B the hihglihgt of mu dau if I complrere it!

Loce 2 all,

Thanks all for your kind words, I have to admit, it's always a surprise to find myself going down again! It's almost always the left knee/ankle that gives way, and though I have a brace, it doesn't do much for the knee. It's a very pretty color of red and purple today, I've been putting bacitracin on it.

Aly, Aly, Aly! Take care of yourself, and listen to your doctor husband. I know he's probably annoying you, but he's worried I'm sure. Sometimes we do the tests just to shut someone up, right? I really hope you're already feeling better.

Kim, the big day is tomorrow... wow, you have alot to do these next few days, remember to take it easy when you can grab a moment. There's always something at a wedding that doesn't go to plan, so just expect it and ride it out. Actually riding a nicely decorated scooter would be a nice touch instead of those nasty high heels. I think high heels (and stairs) were invented by masochistic men. I'd like to see them "elongate their legs" by wearing heels instead of work boots for once. Now that would be funny. I'll have to photoshop something up and post it for you all.

Diane, safe trip back home... with your black eye you could really get your hubby in trouble. So remember to play that card when he's annoying you!

Liz, have you started your boxing yet? I hope you're feeling better today honey. What's going on that you were so sad yesterday. And you need to plan to come out to Massachusetts for a week or so, preferably in July when my boys are off in Alaska (hopefully not tp'ing Palin's house). You have to see the ocean you know. Looking for sea glass and shells used to be one of my favorite things to do early in the morning... but now that people are not throwing so much glass in the ocean around here it's hard to find sea glass around here.

Love and good thoughts to you all... Avril, how was the Queen's visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back