Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane, I am laughing...The Beltway isn't for sissies, for sure. Now what lane do I get in? I'm glad you had the Kindle...but too bad you had rain in the pretty countryside today--I love that area.

I'm glad Tim enjoyed the race, and good for you to enjoy his enjoyment. You are so lovable!

Well I sure hope you get back before x-mas! You are such a nut..lol Glad you enjoyed him watch the race. I missed you hurry home!

Diane- stop in WI on your way thru!

Diane, if you take the wrong turn again and end up here in MA, come visit! I hope you get home for the 4th of July...

i know there is already a thread about this, but i want to spread the word. everyone, please go onto F a c e b o o k. if you dont have an account, make one. then get on Boycott Walton and Johnson page. we need to do this.
sry for using our tea thread for this, but its too important not to.

Liz, you go girl. Of course God loves you. You are just the bestest! Enjoy the boxing. I will get jealous of your bulging biceps.

Dianne, so great to here from you, where ever that is? Well I suppose you guys don't know where you are either. Be safe and don't get lost again :)

Sorry Joni. Did not mean to embarrass you. I have just got home from work. Boxing up yet another study. I am exhausted, but still have Sam to get to guitar, then a quick meal before taking him to the litquizz competition. 2 hours arghhhhhhhh. Gunna be asleep in the school hall again.

See y'all later

Ok Aly what is litqizz? Off to see our attorney...put it off long enough.

Good morning from rainy cold California! Really people....it is May. Time for a little sunshine and warmth please!:cool:

Liz - You are loved by all of us, near and far. And of course, God loves you too! I love FB and have found my high school best friend after 16 years. We were able to literally pick up where we left off and she has been a phenomenal support for me. I am so glad that you had a positive experience.

I have done Weight Watchers so many times, it is like Cheers when I walk in. ;) I am so glad that you have found two wonderful people to work with. You deserve it!

Ann - Sending you prayers for strength - physical, emotional and everything in between. I am glad that you have Phil as an advocate for you.

And Diane - getting lost just makes it that much more of an adventure! Hope you find the right path sooner rather than later.

To everyone, I hope that today is a great day for you. Thinking of you all!
Love and light
Meg

Hi all,

Massachusetts former Governor Paul Celluci is on our local abc TV 5 (Boston) Chronicle show tonight at 7:30 pm... you can probably look online to see the interview afterwards. He was diagnosed with ALS about 4 years ago. And he is trying to raise $100 Million (?) for ALS research at UMass Memorial (where I go to the ALS clinic). Better days are coming for us all I pray.

Helen, hate to hear of anyone having this disease, yet thankful he is working toward raising the money. I want to tell you, Helen, dancing is something I loved--took lots of classes.

I have an update on my experience. The good news is, the trainee didn't come with the aide for my shower, and I was able to explain why her coming is not a good idea. The second good news is, Phil is next door telecommuting, and available to help...the bad news is, Rosalind couldn't get the sling back on me after the shower, and in her attempts, I slid precariously forward...at which point Phil was called and did the rest. Now I'm wondering, do other people shower in the mesh slings? It would be safer, but how clean can you be if washed up that way? My slings aren't mesh.

Ann- I would suggest getting a mesh sling. they really make things easier. get one that can be used for toileting so your bottom can be cleaned well. your aid can lean you forward in the shower to scrub your back.
I never used one with my PALS, because he only gets sponge baths, but ive used them in other jobs ive had.

Thanks Liz--I answered you up in the PALS section which was sent to moderation. Rosalind did well with my slings the first two weeks. No doubt I need to suggest we don't chat while she's doing the sling and hoist.

i understand this completely. ive been taking care of ray for over 3 years and if me and his mom get to chatting while we are in the middle of doing something, we often forget steps in the process. oh does he wish he had a mute button for us sometimes... LOL

Liz, I can't tell you how glad I am to be able to talk while beginning this process. It never had occurred to me I'd need to give instruction with the sling/hoist. Actually, Phil showed her and then left us the first time--but of course she needed to be "cued" while we were doing it. Yes, one of my girlfriends (my 3 O' Clock person) and I get going in a discussion and then realize the straps are sliding down to my knees while I hang in the wind. I know her well enough to cut her off mid-sentence, though.

Meg I just touched base with my best friend from high school too. Although it was thru classmates. Been 32 years since we have been in touch..boy is my age showing or what..lol Helen good for him for using his having als to helping. Ann don't be leaving your hiney hanging in the air now! Liz I sent a message to those dingbats on facebook, and of course they deleted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back