Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now what a way to start my day! With a smile of Aly trying to educate on migraines during the 'whoopie!" part of intimancy. I had a feeling that was what you were talking about but the symbols were rather long and I was trying my hardest to figure out if you randomly put alot there or if it was each symbol representing a letter. My decoding skills are very limited and I just gave up, but had a general idea of what you were saying. I actually have heard of this condition before, as a neurologist asked me point blank long time ago, if I got a migraine during this particular activity. I do not suffer from this though, my migraines happen anytime anywhere and no particular cause. Aly I hope your headache 'buzz' has disipated by now. Have you tried magnesium complex for your migraines? I take high doses of it and it actually has stopped the amount of migraines I get plus lowered my bp and bs.

Ann, if you do clone out Phil, I would like a copy too as I need someone to learn to cook, do housework and do yard work! Wow what a catch! Although I am very attatched to my John and he is very good 'surgar daddy' and he loves me to pieces. Who knows, maybe after I can no longer cruise, we will spend the money on a chef and landscaper and a maidservice!

Marta, have fun at your baseball game today!

Meg, last night at the time you posted I was just about logging off the computer for the night. Been going to bed earlier as I am so exhausted lately, but last night I woke about 2am and have been up since. Maybe I am getting too much sleep!

Liz, you crack me up! I am sure if the two of us ever got to meet in person we would have a few side aches from laughter!

Jellycat, So sorry your feeling stressed. I hope today goes better for you. Try and find some time to do something special for yourself today!

Helen, how long does it take you to get up the stairs? It takes me forever and the last few times I tried I was so out of breath and weak at the top that I had to sit for a time before I could get back down when the time came.

Today looks about like yesterday, hazy overcast with moments of sunshine poking through. Not enough to draw me out on the deck for long. I watched with amuzement yesterday as a little squirrel scampered across the railing of the deck to get to my pond yesterday. She took a bath and munched on sunflower seeds that had fallen from the bird feeders during the wind last week. Looks like she is going to be a regular at my pond. I will have to try and get some pics.

I need to take lil one to the dentist. She has a couple teeth that will most likely need removed as they are stuck and giving her alot of pain. She already had 2 pulled during the winter. Her mouth is so small and having a hard time fitting in all her big teeth. Braces will be forthcomine as soon as she looses all the baby teeth.

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited:
Good afternoon ladies! I read here all the time, but do not post to often. Sadiemae is our dog, and I am Lori, and my husband is Les, for those of you who do not know me. We live in a beautiful townhouse that the owner has put on the market on a short sale. We are NOT happy, and today they are showing it for the first time. This place sold for $289,000 in 2005, and is now listed at $120,000. Yes Reno has taken a BIG hit. Our unemployment is at 13%, and even at 120k, this place is over priced. So need lots of wishes for no offers, and very few lookers. We just committed to buying a new Van, and moving is not in our budget for the next couple of months. HUGS Lori

Hi Lori and everyone else. I hate waking up later, or is it earlier that you lot. It's Wednesday and yay I have a close out visit for a completed trial. Best news, the drug was highly successful. Can't wait to tell the patients tomorrow. Nice to give some good news.

So we need to pray for Helen and Dianne to sell there homes and Loris apartment not to sell. Be careful not to mix up those prayers folks, or we will have a dilemma on our hands! Lori I can't believe the drop in house prices. That terrible. It's happened here as well, but nothing like that. We sold our old house with5 acres, last year for $830 k ( minus about 20% for USA dollars). It was probably worth $ 950k before the crash, so that's not nearly as bad.13% unemployment is awful as well.

Avail, sorry that you are having an argggggg day. I get them too and sometimes they just spring on me from nowhere. Have a nice cup of tea and put your feet up. Apart from my swim yesterday, I lay on the couch all day watching season 5 of Dexter. Just love that series. Olivia got it for me off the university hub and put it on our computer. Hubby got some clever network gadget and now we can play stuff from the computer on the tv. Very clever little gadget.

Well, headaches gone finally, no more you know what ever ever ever. I don't suffer from migraines so it was a shock! Helen I laughed at my own expense, so I certainly don't mind you laughing.

Gosh it's 6am and I can hear Anna running on the treadmill, she's keen. She is with a GP this week and seems to be enjoying it. Still wants to be a pediatrician at the moment. She's going to go to Ghana for her elective next year, now that scares the crap out of me.

Well won't bore you any longer. By for now
Aly

Lori, I am hoping and praying it won't sell; and I'm glad you posted here!

Avril, I know some days are just harder. I did some typing this morning and felt exhausted. Honestly I didn't do well even when I was first hoisted out of bed...and when my friend returned to feed me and return me to bed it was sort of scary. I so don't want to make the women feel afraid to do my care. So, it seems there's another racheting down in my daily activities.

Ladies, I wish I could clone a Phil for you. I think of course, he's the bees' knees. He's generally quiet but he thinks a lot. On an early trip when knitting was my activity I sat knitting a sweater while he watched, & then he said: you know, there's an easier way to do that. Now I wish I'd given him the half finished sweater and let him show me his solution. He thinks in 3D. He's never bored me. Totally lost me plenty of times, before he realized physics is a foreign language...but then geared the level down to my brain, lol or said, You don't care about that.

Joyce and Helen, I remember stairs. I remember using my arms to pull me up the bannister. Be safe.

Ann praying for you. Sorry about yet another set back :( . My Hubby often looks at what I am doing and has suggestions. I am not as gracious as you dear Ann. It makes me grumpy. These deep thinking men, can be interesting :)

Lori, hi and welcome. Often follow your posts elsewhere, so glad to see you here. Will certainly pray that your place doesn't sell. And the opposite for Helen & Dianne.

Ann, we all want Phil, or at least a clone. The garden sounds beautiful, made me feel better just to think about it.... breathe deeply for that ratcheding down, the decline just is scary, isn't it.

Aly, that is a whole new experience I knew nothing about! And glad you get to close out with your patients with such good news. But what is this Dexter series?

Here, HM the Queen of England is all the news as she is on the first royal visit of Ireland since we became a republic. The streets are closed & there've been both supporters & protesters out. A very historic moment. Next week we welcome President Obama, the little village where his relations hail from are all excited to meet him.

Avail. I am just watching the news about the queen visiting Ireland and was thinking of you.

Dexter is not something everyone would enjoy. It's very violent. It's about a chap that became a serial killer after watching his mother chainsawed to death, when he was free. He can't help his implosion, so he tries to do good with it. He is a blood spatter expert for the Miami police department. That enables him to track down killers that the police are unable to find. He tracks them down and does a weird ritual before cutting them up and tossing their parts in the sea. Now you didn't need to hear that. Sound awful, but I'd really quite fascinating.

I should watch more mundane things like. " friends" but we are on our 5 th continuous cycle of friends and I feel like becoming a serial killer when I watch it...............not really, but you know what I mean.

Well on that rather gruesome note, I wish you all well, and hope you are safe

Well, Avril, I hope the Queen's visit goes well...and so does President Obama's. There have been so many hard things in the news, one on top of another, anything pleasant is a welcome change.

Aly, going from what seems the ridiculous (Dexter), I went the sublime route and just finished watching Heidi. But note: I've had far too many movies recently dealing with madness, showing terrible treatments (lobotomy following shock treatment in "Frances" completed my spree.)

Ann I don't understand why the ladies would be scared doing your care? I am so sorry that things are not so good for you. A big hug to you.
Laurel

hello one and all
ive got alot to say, so have fun with this one...
I finally joined F a c e b o o k after all this time. Turns out it is awesome to find old friends. That being said... many of you know that i have been struggling with my weight for awhile now. i yo-yo diet alot, which is the worst thing i can do. but its always in the back of my mind that i need to so something about this while i can still be hot! (well, cute... ish) so anyway, back to F B. I happened to run across a girl from HS who i despised. she caused a lot of problems with me and my daughters father when i was prego and im sure they messed around. she didnt like him. she did it simply because she could. it was so hard for me- walking down the hallways in my school and being pregnant, but then knowing my bf was cheating on me with this... person.
the last time i saw her was maybe 6 years ago at a funeral. and she looked like crap! i was so happy... (pathetic, i know) but she is one of those girls that tans so much that she is green. and her hair was always so stiff- and she had a pretty large... uh... backside.
I loved every second of it.
Anywho- i ran across her on F B- and guess what? sigh... she looks great. really thinned out and toned up. nice hair. nice skin. nice smile. all of it. pretty sure she got her boobs done too. well- for some stupid reason, this sort of made my heart sink.

Then... like a gift from God, i got in touch with a couple friends from HS. One of them is a semi-pro boxer and is on his way to the Olympics. He also trains another guy who does cage fighting. needless to say, he knows his stuff. Long story long (hehe), he is going to train me! Im am so so so excited. my biggest problem before was that i wasnt comfortable and couldnt afford to hire someone. i have major image issues and dont feel comfortable around just anyone. he knows my stubborness and my sassy attitude and has no prob with it. so he is willing to drive to my town twice a wk to train me. and once we get into it, im going to do some boxing stuff too. its gotta be good for the anger issues i have.
Then i get in contact with ANOTHER friend from HS and guess what? she is a frickin dietician!
OMG you guys- God really does love me.
so im gona do it. im gona give it all i have and then some more. some of you may have read that i recently started smoking again. well today is the last day and i will quit again tomorrow. right now, i feel on top of the world. i feel like some of the good things that i do are finally starting to pay off.
funny side note- the guy that will be training me was my first middle school boyfriend. and i was his first "real" kiss. and he bit me when he kissed me! so maybe he is trying to make up for that?! LOL
Yay for me.

Did you make it through the whole thing? LOL

Laurel, I can't be left alone now in the sling, even all trussed up, on the toilet... I fall over. And in trying to hoist me out of my chair, I can't lean forward unless someone holds onto my shoulders--I pitch forward. Phil tucks my shoulder in front of his leg and can handle it...the women not so well. There is a bedside commode here somewhere...guess that's the next step. It has arms to hold onto.

And on to you, Liz Girl. You know that's from Anne of Green Gables--what Marilla called her. Anyway, I'm very glad you're quitting smoking (big surprise) and want to tell you Phil kissed ME when I was thirteen and got married, of course, eventually. He did not bite me. He was an older man who knew not to bite girls.

So, boxer-to-be with a personal trainer, a personal dietician, and yes...God does love you. He has a Liz shaped love in His heart.

I am so happy for you! Don't hate the girl anymore, Liz. Too many people to love.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Ok finally got the picture Aly, you made me blush:0 You go Liz!Joyce glad you liked my pictures:) Lorie I sure hope they don't sale it for yalls sake!Hey Ann I am sorry about the problems you are having. Wish there was something I could say that would help...sigh... Marta I hope you are enjoying yourself at the game! Helen IHeck I have not posted my pictures anywhere. Just can't seem to have enough time in the day. Went and had the mammo today, so very sore..yuck..probably will get bad news from that too. Have for the last 3 years. It has went from 90 here to the middle 60's is that crazy or what!

Welcome to Lori, hope they DON'T sell your place, send them my way, they can have my house (for way more than NV prices though, it's %(&### expensive in New England, and outside of Boston is the worst) Yes, I was cussing, which poor Aly wasn't but I couldn't decifer (sp?) what she meant, and she was "outed" as to what caused her migraines! No reading between the lines on this thread I guess. Sorry Aly! :)

Laurel, thanks for your suggestions for my house... since there really aren't any houses in the 2 towns I want to stay in on the market that work that well, guess I'll stick it out here. Spending one more summer in this house would actually be awesome, its gorgeous in the summer!

Joni, get those pictures posted asap!

Ann, I really wish instead of cloning your adoring husband that we could get you out of that darn sling and send you out dancing again! This disease really sucks.

Avril, can't believe it took that many years for the Queen to travel one hour? I think that's what I heard... anyway, I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Joyce, like you, I'm just hoping that we see the sun tomorrow, its been raining off and on since last Sat., and not supposed to stop until this weekend. So much for a sunny May. At least my peonies haven't bloomed yet, because they'd be destroyed from the rain.

Liz, Liz, Liz! I am SO amazed that you have such a poor self image, because as far as we're concerned, you rock! I think you're gonna really be toned and fit, and more importantly feel much better about yourself once you get into boxing. My SIL teaches karate and kick boxing, and also reikki, which is kind of funny when you think about the different training, but all of them also deal with mind-body. I want to see some pictures of you.

Hello to Marta, Meg, and anyone else that I forgot! I'm watching Dancing with the Stars on tv, and there is a little girl dancing that has a 60% chance of growing up, due to her body not being able to fend off germs... how sad, but what what courage that beautiful girl has!

Love and hugs,
Helen

Good evening from Parkersburg, W. Virginia...heading west on I-50. We left Delaware yesterday morning and headed home. Tim has been so patient and helpful on this trip and sooooo enjoyed th race on Sunday. (I don't care if I go to any more for me but it was so much fun watching him have fun!) :)

Tim swore we were NOT taking interstates thru Chicago going home so mapped out a route thru scenic countryside. We left DE yesterday morning and stopped outside D.C. about noon for coffee and a Dunk'n Donut. Somehow when we left we got mixed up and at 5:00pm we drove past the very same donut shop! !@#* beltway! LOL We passed a police station in downtown DC and he went in and got directions from a friendly officer. Amazingly, Tim never lost his cool, ---as for me, the Kindle saved me. :)

Today was shorter in the car, prettier country thru Appalachia, but it poured cats and dogs the whole day, making for another stressed day for the driver -- but I enjoyed it. At this rate we should make it back to SD in time for X-mas. :0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back