Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry bout the house Helen. I suppose 44 days is not too bad. You are correct about the armed forces and drinking. NZ has a drinking culture, always have. I personally have never indulged much, but am partial to a good Australian Shiraz. That's what I drank at my anniversary dinner, just a glass. I have really stopped drinking completely. I prefer to use the caLories elsewhere, like chocolate :)

I just bought a lovely long jumper. It's made of cotton, silk and cashmere, with wide sequined stripes. Boy me in sequins!
I put it on and it sparkled and blinked at me. It's so Hollywood! I will wear it when I am at my goal weight. It will be my treat. It fits now, but will look much better with more pounds off.

I am not showing off, but I have to tell you that I have now lost 28 Lbs. I have heaps more confidence, and feel a foot taller :) I have another 25lbs to go, so a long way yet. I shall be there by Annas wedding. Then I will post a picture of my gorgeous daughter and her slim mother.

It's freezing and raining again, never stops here in winter. I better do some housework. It's grubby yuck.

Luv ya all
Aly

Aly i am so very very proud of you. you are already a beautiful woman- cant wait to see those pics.

Aly I think you should celebrate your beauty right now. In Canada (and maybe in the States) there are some commercials in which young women say "I am beautiful". I can't remember what product they are advertising, but the point that they are making is we all look different from one another but we are all beautiful. I hope you don't think that you aren't beautiful right now as I am sure you are.

Helen I think I will pray for the sale of your house. I am not Catholic, but when we were selling I bought a mini statuette of St. Joseph and said the prayer for selling homes. Hubby and I would hold hands and hold Tinker our little dog and say a prayer that we would be able to sell. At first I worried that it might be too selfish of a prayer, and then decided God would think it was okay as hubby is deteriorating with his CIDP and we needed to move on to a less difficult life. So I will pray for you selling your home, and I suspect it will help. Praying and staging did it for us.
Laurel

Aly, that's amazing to lose that much weight... wish I could lose some, but of course the docs keep saying not to lose weight... guess I'll need it later, but I do think that I'd feel better to be at a lower weight! Hey, I saw that photo you posted a week or so ago, and you look gorgeous now, so don't kill yourself over those last pounds. It's a great accomplishment to lose so much already!

I'm filing projects off of my computer right now, its 12:21 a.m. here, and I've been doing it since 7:30 p.m. Almost done thankfully! But I need to get up to bed soon, so I can get the boys up at 7 a.m. I think I'll be going back to bed for an hour or so after that. :)

that would be Dove laurel

Good morning all!

Joni I saw you pics you painted, they are wonderful! You are quite the artist! I used to paint but haven't in years because of dropping the paintbrush too much. One time I was doing intricate work on a picture and my wrist popped hard (don't know why to this day), not only did I drop the brush, but I ended up in the ER a couple days later because the pain and swelling was over the top. Ended up that it broke a piece of bone in my wrist. Go figure that one!

Aly, congrates on the weight loss! You go girl! That is something that I still attempt at half heartily. If I was able to exercise or even do the things I use to I would not be this weight. So sorry you had a migraine for your time away but glad it was short lived. Maybe something you ate?

Helen I do hope you get some bites soon. Not sure what the market is like in your state but they have put a hold on building new houses here because of the market being slow.

laurel, you are such an encouraging person. God bless you!

Yesterday was a difficult day. Trying to recover from the horse bath on Saturday. I ended up going to Church but was using two canes and needing my hubby to get me in the suv. We had to go shopping to two different stores to get all the groceries on the list (too bad prices varie so much between stores) and luckily enough, they had the power carts for me to ride. I had a hard time lifting even a bag of pancake mix into the cart. I had parked close enough to the shelf that I just pulled it off and let it drop into the basket on front of the power cart. Luckily it didn't break. John saw me do it and came over and stuck with me the rest of the trip, not letting me lift anything. I came home and layed down and slept hard. Then I woke up got my jammies on and layed down and slept hard. So why am I still feeling exhausted today!?!

Anyway, its been overcast two days and I am ready for my sunshine again! If I gotta lay around I would much rather do it out on my deck...but not if its too cold. Seems that 50F degrees in sunshine is warmer than 55F degrees in overcast skies! Mainly because the material that our house and deck are made of heat up in the sunshine and make it about 20 degrees warmer on the deck.

You all have a lovely day!

Good Afrter noon Ladies, It's aftre 3 & I am jiust gettimg up! Did we alk jhace a ruohg weekemd? Seems like it.

Aly, way 2 go girl! Do thje pics now! I wisjhed I jhad takem some B4.

Helen, 44 /Dauys is not too bad. I kmoe it's deprssimg on thos open huose days. Did I ask U if threr wsa a college nearbu thjat wuold B

intreseted? Sororiyt or fratrenity? We sold our othre home 2 thje college...the huose sat rihgt next door. As tjhey sau: Locatiom, location,

location. I am not Cathlocic eithre; but I believe if U buohgt a saint (dom't remebre which 1) stautue & bury it uposied down in the fromt yd

it is supposde 2 brimg U luck in sellimg.

JHas any1 heard from Ann? & Joni will look @ pics in a few.....

Love 2 All,

Joni, Ur pics & paimtimgs R womderful! How many grands do U hjace? & I see a redheda in tjhe bunch. I hjace 2 redheads (& theu hate the color of tjheir hair!).

Ok all. Morning.

I am off swimming. Have some painters coming. I cant believe we have been here for 18 months and still getting teething problems fixed. I rang up the building company a few weeks ago and said I was going to our lawyer, if they did not get their act together. Now they are coming slowly to sort stuff out. I am sick of it :(

Hubbies feeling a bit despondent about his thesis writing abilities. He was a bit low yesterday. Its his private practice day today, so he is out of the house. I think he will be OK, just a battle with having to do all the graphs on Excell. when he wants to get stuck in to writing it all up. rather him than me.

Joyce. the migraines were due to #$@@$#%%&%$#. If you get my drift. Its never happened before, and having a neurologist in the room,(while wifey is clutching said head screaming and crying), I was able to get a long explaination of what it was, its causes and how upset he is feeling that I am having so much pain. That being said certain$#%@&&%$#@ occured, and @#$%$#@#@ was not possible until said headache stopped. Hey, saved me $400 bucks that i would have had to pay to see a neurologist. Its handy having one in the room. Its extremely funny now. not so at the time. It happened the next morning as well ! He sees afew patients a year with the problem, hey like I need another neurological issue to add to my list?

Rain , rain, go away come again another day, but not for a month or so.

Love ya all, now I am blushing again :)

OK all my posts today have gone to moderation. That one was for noone elses eyes. Rats.

I think I got what you mean Aly. Sorry your having to go through all that. Its a bummer when new stuff crops up to take the fun things we can do away.

Aly, I am so sorry your migraines happened. That isn't in the normal realm of "having a headache" whatsoever. I hope the house problems are fixed soon and you're able to let go of that. Maybe the swim will bring your spirits up.

Joyce, you're another one who tries to do more than is safe--we all have different causes but the result is either physical distress or simple fatigue. (Aly, your headache cause is not included, lol.) I'm good to go this week with Hospice--even explained it to Phil, who I know I'll have to report to, so I've tied my hands...or my mouth! But Joyce, do get lots of rest... and just watch that horse with lil one. I think it's wonderful you've given her this opportunity.

Joni, your paintings are very good. You have so much talent!

Helen, so sorry about the house. There is someone out there who will want it... I know you want to get it sold after doing all the painting, while it's fresh and pretty--but in your part of the country, a lot of springtime is left, isn't it? Meaning, the yard will just get prettier.

Phil will be home before long and hoist me up out of bed--our friend who grocery shops got us a rotisserie turkey breast for dinner. Jar of gravy, make some quick rice in the microwave and cranberry sauce out of a can. Phil can even add his canned peas! I'll eat the rest.

Helen, I didn't pay a lot of attention to all the advice about weight loss or gain; If I had suddenly lost weight, it would have mattered. As it is, I figure being hoisted (and picked up after so many falls) made keeping weight down to a healthy normal level for the sake of having folks willing to help me is my first priority.

Every one have a great evening...or afternoon, or day!

Hey Aly, I guess it was all the #(&(^$(@& cussing! :) Maybe we should use the real thing... no, I think the other way leaves to more imagination...

Joyce, can't your kids go shopping for you with a list? When I had surgery years ago (while pregnant with #3), I ended up having a shopping service deliver to my house which was great. Didn't like anyone else picking out my produce and meats, but loved the rest of the stuff. I mean, a pound of butter and a loaf of bread, you can't screw up too much! That company is out of business (they even did dry cleaning) but other local chains also do it as well. My daughter is starting to go to the supermarket for me, and the younger 2 can walk downtown to our little market for odds and ends. Save your energy for good stuff, not pancake mix! And I agree with Ann, leave the horse play to watching... :)

Thanks for the kind words about my house ladies, I know its just a matter of time, but so frustrating to have one more thing I have to sit around and wait for! We're having a cold wet spring this year, so it will be lush and green for a while, and my yard has so many trees it doesn't really cause burnout on my plants. I have a lot of spring/summer/early fall plants, so it stays nice for a while. Right now the bleeding hearts look awesome! And its projected to rain all week... so much for the sun.

Kim, is the wedding this weekend? You must be crazed... save your energy for the fun!

Um dear Helen. I wasn't cussing , if that's what you mean. It was more of a natural function I was meaning lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back