Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aly tell your hubby he has to share you...lol Diane I am hoping you have had fun, but I know you have to be worn out! D ang Liz pretty interesting sheets!Kept my 2 year old grand today she had a bug, but she was fun! My 3 year old had it the other day, so she always wants to pick up my drink, and drink it, so I told her..don't drink my drink, you have a bug, and she says, the bug came out of my tummy..I feel better now. Kids are so funny. Has everyone been ok for Friday the 13th?

Hi Joni! The 13th has been uneventful for me but Helen took a tumble and then her battery in her scooter died. So, not uneventful for everyone! How's you?

Aren't little ones a hoot! Yours sounds like a little doll Joni. :D

I'm good, just sleepy. Helen bless your heart, I hope tomorrow finds things better for you! Marta they are so refreshing. If there little minds would always stay that pure..

Yes, but they do grow in to teenagers and Poof! But usually they come back from what I've observed. I never had the nerve or desire to reproduce. I love kids though. I do have step children and step grandchildren so I get to do the mom thing sort of. Lots of nieces and nephews to love on too. Well, I'd better straighten up the house for the Mom. Have a good evening Joni!

Dianne, it's so good 2 hear U R doimg well. Rest up big dau 2morroe! E3njoy the raves. I suire do miss hjearimg fron U. I am a lirtle selfishj some Xs .

Joni, gramds R fum but exhausring. Whjen I wmt home 2 MD 4 Easert, I srtayed with my DIL durimg tjee day. I was exjaustred just watchimg tjhem plau.

Marta, I alwuas say puopies R cute but them they grow up 2 B dogs. Babies R cute but they too grow up. & th temage yrs R thjee worst. Thjen whjem thjrey marry & hace kids, threy turm aruond & tell U thjat U weern't as stupid as tjhey thuohgt U weere!

Liz, I realizxed I dom't hjace anu1 2 hjandcufg 2 thje bed! Just muy dumb luck.

& Aly; yes, U dom't belomg 2 just UR husnand anumore. We R UR fanilu too! & I kmow wjhat U meam abuot hanky pamky, I guies I am too old & worm out 4 it.

OK Ladise, it's nihgt #2 on those Satan despoiesd satim sheets. If I dom't sleep tomihgt, I think threy R goimg in thje trash & I will pulk out thje othre set. I just didm't wamt 2 ues thje white 1's im tjhe summre. IDK Y I bouhgt white 1's anyway. I guess I hda a braim fart.

Hace a 1dreful nihgt & maybe see U im the am.

Swet dreams,

Sweet dreams sweet Kimberly. *yawn*

Thanks, Marta. U 2.

& Aly Y R U still on. This is tjhe X we alloewd U 2 B with hubby! Dom't let him gte mad with us. & dom't 4get 2 ask him abourt the treatnent 4 PC.

Now go 2 bed!

You busy chatty ladies. I think i just read 5 pages to catch up. I laughed at the sheets and groaned at the falls & fatique. Wouldn't it be wonderful if this disease came with lots less fatique. I will forget lots, not meaning to leave anyone out, but just cause I'm functioning in a bit of a daze this week. No high dramas, just processing all I heard at the hospice family meeting. For family just read me! Yesterday mum & I decided on our stance concerning use of antibiotics when the next infection comes along. That is a big thing decided and some weight off my mind to know her wishes.

Now about satin sheets. Kim what I'm going to say is not at all sexy ...with a little adapting they would make a magnificent set of sliding sheets. Now, I suspect you have no need of such an item but perhaps you could put them by in case. I have a magnificent set of 4 way sliding sheets made of cotton and you guessed it, satin. They are right up there on my list of essentials for turning & positioning Mum in bed. The bottom sheet has a panel of satin the size of the bed with cotton down the sides to tuck under the matress to keep it in position. The top sheet is two pieces of fabric sewn together. Satin on the bottom (u put it on top of the other satin one) and cotton on top that you then lie on. They are magic to use as all those slippy qualities of satin make moving a person easy. Told you it wasn't a sexy suggestion, just practical.

Helen. Sorry about the fall & your scooter problems. Maybe you will have to name your scooter to put some manners on it! Joyce. I'm glad your thumb is not giving as much pain as last time & is healing. Horrible having to keep on chasing results. Don't know about you but I get tired of having to chase things up.

Aly. Happy anniversary. Hope you & hubby have a wonderful celebration. Dianne, hope you do get that day of rest before hitting the races. Marta, enjoy your mom. I picture you doing girlie things together while the men are off fishing. I hope they remember to bring fish home for dinner.

Ann, my friend, I'm so sorry that visiting is hard and for the pressure it might be to voice your needs. I'm a bit startled at the hospice staff being so chatty & getting off beam. I'd expect them to be more sensitive to how fatiguing visits are. Mind you, I expect they have taken a shine to your company for who wouldn't. We don't get lots of visitors but when they come they stay too long. Mum can't communicate so it's up to me to deal with them and I am way too polite, not wanting to upset them. The hospice doctor was helpful to me. She said, tell them the doctor said she is only to have short visits now, 5 minutes is good. When I said 5m sounded like the other extreme, she said believe me if you say 5 they will stay 15 and that's enough. I know that won't fly in your situation Ann, but I'm hoping it will give me the courage to state our needs. Praying for some of the same for you.

Joni, hope some rest comes your way. Liz, twister sheets sounds....acrobatic shall we say.

You busy chatty ladies. I think i just read 5 pages to catch up. I laughed at the sheets and groaned at the falls & fatique. Wouldn't it be wonderful if this disease came with lots less fatique. I will forget lots, not meaning to leave anyone out, but just cause I'm functioning in a bit of a daze this week. No high dramas, just processing all I heard at the hospice family meeting. For family just read me! Yesterday mum & I decided on our stance concerning use of antibiotics when the next infection comes along. That is a big thing decided and some weight off my mind to know her wishes.

Now about satin sheets. Kim what I'm going to say is not at all sexy ...with a little adapting they would make a magnificent set of sliding sheets. Now, I suspect you have no need of such an item but perhaps you could put them by in case. I have a magnificent set of 4 way sliding sheets made of cotton and you guessed it, satin. They are right up there on my list of essentials for turning & positioning Mum in bed. The bottom sheet has a panel of satin the size of the bed with cotton down the sides to tuck under the matress to keep it in position. The top sheet is two pieces of fabric sewn together. Satin on the bottom (u put it on top of the other satin one) and cotton on top that you then lie on. They are magic to use as all those slippy qualities of satin make moving a person easy. Told you it wasn't a sexy suggestion, just practical.

Helen. Sorry about the fall & your scooter problems. Maybe you will have to name your scooter to put some manners on it! Joyce. I'm glad your thumb is not giving as much pain as last time & is healing. Horrible having to keep on chasing results. Don't know about you but I get tired of having to chase things up.

Aly. Happy anniversary. Hope you & hubby have a wonderful celebration. Dianne, hope you do get that day of rest before hitting the races. Marta, enjoy your mom. I picture you doing girlie things together while the men are off fishing. I hope they remember to bring fish home for dinner.

Ann, my friend, I'm so sorry that visiting is hard and for the pressure it might be to voice your needs. I'm a bit startled at the hospice staff being so chatty & getting off beam. I'd expect them to be more sensitive to how fatiguing visits are. Mind you, I expect they have taken a shine to your company for who wouldn't. We don't get lots of visitors but when they come they stay too long. Mum can't communicate so it's up to me to deal with them and I am way too polite, not wanting to upset them. The hospice doctor was helpful to me. She said, tell them the doctor said she is only to have short visits now, 5 minutes is good. When I said 5m sounded like the other extreme, she said believe me if you say 5 they will stay 15 and that's enough. I know that won't fly in your situation Ann, but I'm hoping it will give me the courage to state our needs. Praying for some of the same for you.

Joni, hope some rest comes your way. Liz, twister sheets sounds....acrobatic shall we say.

Oh dear. Add seeing double post buttons to my dazed diagnosis! Sorry for double post

Dera Avril, So glad 2 hear fron U. I wsa gettimg worried. I am glda Mum is doing well & U hace ecerythimg is in order. & abuot thoes sjheets mayne I buohgt them with foersihgt in mind! Thjat wuold B a 1st. & as 4 thje duoble posting, THANKS, it hepled me rembner what hjad been happeming!

Liz, cam U tell me whjat the spimner was usde 4?

& dAu 2 on thje sheerts from H*LL, not so bnad 4 hrs slep! Omlu slid 2wareds edge a few X's. Matt, asled me Y I just didm't moce closer 2 the middkle of tjhe bed? I rplioed, that I wuold hjace 2 sleep closr to HIM! & thar ain't happoninf!

Hace a 1derful dau Ladies, we R off to Columnbia, shoe shoppoimg (lots of fum) & last mimute pick ups 4 tjhe weddimg NEXT Saturdau!

Lovce 2 All,

Thanks, Joni. Buyimg shioes is the pits 4 me! & I hjac 2 buiy a pr 4 Graysomn & she is @ a friem\sd huose 4 the dau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back