Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
In
City
Na
Does anyone know of voice banking software for the Mac?

I am not sure that it is available in MAC format, but you can partition off part of your drive and run PC based software on a mac now.

I do run windows on my mac laptop but only as a last resort, it slows down my laptop considerably. I was hoping for a mac native alternative, but as I google around I don't think there is.

I'm only aware of one voice banking software program period.

It is part of the ModelTalker voice synthesis package. As far as I know the program only runs in Windows - but you can contact them.

ModelTalker Speech Synthesis System

ModelTalker creates a synthetic voice based on recorded samples of your voice.

Until ModelTaker came along, voice banking was done simply by reading off a list of phrases and using the built in recording functions of your computer's operating system.

The Modeltalker inventory has about 1600 phrases and I would think you would need to dedicate a good 2 weeks of 1 or 2 hours a day to record them all.. You can add an unlimited number of your own phrases.

I finished recording the Model Talker phrase inventory about 4 years ago. I spent about a year off and on doing the recordings. Some phrases I would have to repeat over and over to get right. I became so frustrated that I would put it aside for a few weeks. The problem may have been caused by my noise reducing microphone.

Anyway, once I finished my recordings I received my synthetic voice in less than a week. There was some degradation of my voice from when I started but it was still good enough.

The results were variable. Short phrases and those using words directly from my inventory sounded amazing and exactly like me. Longer passages involving a lot sound synthesis were less clear - but still ok.

I don't think model talker is a complete solution as I would still need a second program with prepared phrases like etriloquist; however, the process was worth it just to have the ability to say I love you to my wife and daughter using my own voice.

The whole process and software are FREE and just requires some time commitment on your part.

I would urge all PALS to go through the ModelTalker process while they still can.

Do a search on "ModelTalker" to get other opinions.

Good luck

Not voice banking exactly, but you can also just speak into a mic and save phrases in GarageBand or any other Mac audio editor, esp. for special phrases, songs. You could then use the sound files in whatever apps and workflow automators you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back