Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmmm...chocolate brown. That's the picture I had in my mind. Very nice! Just be careful there!

Kimberly, It's a shame your mom doesn't behave. Very sad indeed especially for her.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing fine on this lovely Friday the 13th! I thought to myself "no, I'm not really supersticious, who cares if its the 13th?" So then I stumbled in the kitchen on my stupid left foot, and fell in the kitchen... luckily, not a hard fall, just frustrating to get up again. Then I saw my neighbors outside on their stone wall chatting, and I took the dog, got on my scooter, and got stuck at the top of my ramp. I got that worked through, and chatted with the neighbors for a few minutes, went to one's house to see all the landscaping that was completed last year coming up! (they had to replace a septic system, and took the opportunity to resculpt their entire back yard, since so many trees had to be taken down for the leach field). Beautiful! But the scooter died in her yard, and she had to push me home! So now, I'm taking it easy, plugged in the charger (which the mailman helped me with, 'cause it wouldn't charge right away!).

Ann, I think since you have trouble letting people know that they're wearing you out, you need to have a note on your computer or something that says that though you'd love to chat, you're just too tired right now. Or something like that. Though it's nice to chat with people, it doesn't really help you if your time is up, and nothing is accomplished, and you're paying for it! If you do it ahead of time, maybe it would be easier to keep you all on track. Consider yourself the "Director" of your life, and tell people what to do!

Kim, thanks for your note, I really wish that we arranged for house sales in such a nicer way! The realtors around here tell you to basically empty your house out, cellar, attic everything so it "shows better". Maybe so, but some of this stuff will be needed at my next house! I've been watching my neighbor's house with showings... literally in and out of a 3000 sq foot house in less than 10 minutes? Yeah, they're really interested. The last time my house was on the market (for nearly $150K more than now, but it was overpriced thanks to my former realtor), I had one person that I cleaned everything up (back when I could actually walk correctly), and the ditz never even came in the house. I found out that she parked her car, walked to my backyard, saw the business that's next door to my back yard (not in my backyard, but next to it) and left. Never even went into the house! I couldn't believe it! We had one open house when one person (asked where the garage and if it had central air?) LOOK at the listing folks... did it MENTION either? wow. And I have another Open House on Sunday... yuck!

Anyway, I hope everyone is feeling ok, today is the first absolutely gorgeous spring day right now, and I have a stack of paperwork to get put away before the kids get home.

Just got up and got lil one off to school. Now I am sitting here with my cuppa chocolate mint mocha reading up on the latest.

Kimberly, only problem I found with satan sheets is if you have even the slightest bit of calous on your feet, its gonna snag! I didn't even notice the calouses that i had, but this was over 20 years ago. Since then I have been able to keep my feet silky smooth since I do not walk around as much.

Ann, it is sad that its hard for you to have visitors much. I know that must be difficult thing to have to give up. I can only image your personality as being a very friendly person who loves to socialize. I know though that you are never alone and socialize with the Father daily. You also have us! And you can turn us off and on so easily! Best kind of friends!

Marta, so nice to see your smiling face this morning!

And Aly I hope that when you read this you would have slept a full 8 hours! Its just after 8am here so its only 4 am where you are. So tell me Aly...what will my tomorrow be like? Let me know after you lived through today (Saturday)! (JK) :)

Helen your post just came in while I was typing. So sorry you fell dear one. I am glad no damage was done. Your scooter getting stuck at the top of the ramp...brings up the question, what is the ground clearance on your scooter?

My thumb is fairing pretty well. I desided not to see the doc and treat it myself. Ice was a good thing and I still had the thumb brace that I had to wear for several weeks after the cast came off last time. So I have taken the wearing that again. It seems to be working. There is some pain but not near as bad as last time. And the swelling is not as bad either. I just can no longer bend my thumb down like I can the other one. I am still debating in my mind whether to have surgery on both of my thumbs as they both are out of place and keep sliding further if I do not wear thumb braces. But since I have been wearing the thumb braces they do not hurt as bad and I can go with not wearing the braces at night and it not bother me at all. If I get the surgery, my hands will still be weak and what would be the point?

Still no word about test results of the biopsy. I will call the surgeon again today and see if he has even contacted them to see what the hold up is. The scar is all healed up with the exception of a little hypersensitivity of the upper quarter of the scar, but I have had that happen before after a surgery. Just means the nerves are a little inflamed in that area. It will pass eventually, if not I will get a cortisone shot in the area.

Hooray! the wind has stopped and the lake is a glassy mirror, unlike yesterday it looked like a raging sea, all dark and with white capped waves. Today will be an awesome day to be outside! The trees are all bright green with the buds opening up, soon we will not be able to see much into the forest because of the leaves!

Helen, I completly forgot it was Friday the 13th! Maybe I can forget again. Today is good so far! It looks like you should try and forget too. ;) Glad you didn't hurt yourself in the fall. Tread lightly if you can!

Hi Joyce! It's good to see you too!

Back in bed, aftre a trip 2 thje bank. Paid muy huoes pauyment, so I gusee we cam stau anothjre month! I hace only 4 yrs ledt 2 pau and tjhen it's new roof X. As well, as updarimg tje bathroons, tjhe kitcjhen, rediong the floors, elcrtical, somebodu just shoot me now. I dom't kmow if I nentoined this B4, but we wrer nominated 4 a homemalre 4 a TV show. Thjey came from CA amd viedotaped thje huose & uor family. Tjhey ecen imtreviewed my neihgbors and Ben's soccre kids. We had gottrm down to the last 100 families im SC. But alas, we didm't win. Theyu said we didm't do enuohg volumtreerimg in the communiyt. Well, ocer the yrs we hjace lived im this huoes, we had taklem in seceral kids that had no wjere eles 2 go. The fanilu tjhat 1 wasa yuomg cuople tjhat hjad taken im hre brothers and sistres aftre the deaht of hre paremts. Limdsau said Y then, thrye're fanilu. That's whjat tjhey'er supposed 2 do. U took im stramgres! & yet uor huoes was thr worst 1 tjhat thjey had seem! Oh, well stroy of mu life.

2dau is my fathre's Bday. He's 76. I hope he's not suprestitous ( I believce it's trickadecaphobia? the fear of 13). He's aleradu in hot watre 4 forgettimg to get my mothre a mothre's dau card. 1st X in 55 yrs of marrige. I guiess sjhe will ger anothre big diamond. Ugh, the woman is umbeliebable. Sjhe wears jewerly on ecery fimgre amd like 10 bracelrts on hjre wrists. She's very short 4'9" amd weihgs abuot 200 lbs and lie 2 U abuot hjre weihgt! I am sorru, just hasd 2 get that off mu chestr.

Helen, plseas B careful, I feerl UR pain, seroiusly! Evreytime I see or hera some1 fall, I freel it in mu knees. Dom't ask me Y, I just do.

Joyce, I am glad UR thumb is berrer. Do U renebre thje Dick Van Dyke show whjem he dreande ecery1 was turmimg aliemish & lost tjheir thumbs? Wjhat odd thimgs I cam renebre!

Marta, whem is Mom comign? I amglad U hjace a mom like URS.

Spealimg of Moms, hjas any1 jheard from Avril & her Mum?

Hace a 1dreful aftrenoom Ladise,

Mart. I am close to my mum and dad. My Dad was a scary awful man, when I was young. I was terribly frightened of him. Now he is a changed man ( most of the time). It took me ages to forgive him, but now we are close. They pop in for a cup of coffee most mornings and I love it.

Ann, you need to be more forceful, but if you are anything like me, you won't say a thing, then feel angry with yourself after. I am sorry that life is so hard for you. You are in my prayers.

It rained hard all night. Maybe Soccer will be cancelled, fingers crossed. I heard Ann get home at midnight, so she has not forgotten her babysitting promise. She is very obliging at present due to me buying her wedding dress and paying for the wedding. I will milk it all year :)

Better go get ready for the day.
Aly

Aly, I womdred who wsa giong 2 wathc Sam. My husnand coahes soccre. His hihg school team just 1 threi divisom, 1st playoff gane was

lsat nihgt, & next gane is Satuday. Mys oldest bou got a full scholarshio to Newbreey College 4 acadenics & socvre. Now my yuomgest

bou, Matt is plauimg middle schiiol & Toros leagui. /his Toros 1 tjhe Starte Champoimsho[. I wsa proud of him. I dim't get 2 too many

ganes, it was so hjard & hot but he kmoes I was with him. My dad wda ruohg on us as kids too! We wuold get beat, I dom't nean

spamkde, ecem wjhen we hjadm't dome amything. Maybe thjat's Y I married so yuong and moced uot! I will jhave 2 pondre that 1.

jo9yce, just reread UR post amd got a lauhg. U typed satan sheets. I think thses sheerts R from H*LL. I will jhace 2 live im thjem ahwile I dom't wamt to put muy expemsice whitre PottreyBarm sheets on yet.

Aly, my dad was mean and awful too but he died in a car accident in 71 or 72 so I've had to come to terms with it on my own. It took me decades but I feel pretty confident that my demons regarding all that are gone for good. Now we older ones try and help the younger ones that struggle. It's pretty interesting of you can stay analytical and leave the emotion out of it.

kim- hate to burst your bubble, but a quilt isnt going to help.
the quilt itself will just slide off too... sorry.
i once had a set of sheets with the old game "Twister" on them.
the pillow came with a working spinner.
use your imagination.... hehe

Liz, well I guiess I cuold do whjat Ethel did 2 Fred in thje show whjen tjhey werr tracelimg across counrty 2 Hollywood....She hooled his pj's to the metal of tjhe bed. Or if I hjad a headboadr I cuold use hjandcuffs. Now wjheere did I put those flufgfy pink 1's?

you can borrow my black ones if you need them...

I'm in Newark, Delaware tonight! So far so good. Mother was planted yesterday in Pennsylvania. Lots of family around - too much visiting... TIRED. Tomorrow a REST DAY. Sunday on to Dover for NASCAR.

We LOVE Nascar! Who's your favorite driver Diane?

Way to go Dianne. You rest up, traveling is tiring.NASCAR would be great. Loud, smelly, greasy hot dogs........heaven.
Be back in touch after my romantic night out of town. I will leave my iPad at home. Or else I may be divorced. Hubby just looked at me and said that I am always chatting with you lot.......true, but it's my most enjoyable time of the day.

Love to you all
Aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back