Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get back on the drooping story, sorry ladies. My eldest daughter is a radiation therapist. She had a patient who was being treated for breast ca. When her treatment was over, she just tucked hers into the waistband of her skirt. She didn't need a bra, just tucked the jolly droopy things in. :) bless her.

Liz, ive told you this before, you may at times knock yourself, but you are an amazingly wise young lady. If you were my daughter I would split with pride.

Just finished boxing up a study I have just finished. Took 4 years of work and it all fitted into 6 file boxes. It was kind of sad to say goodbye to the practice. There's not doubt tho, I just do not have the energy to work much anymore. I am had it.

Sorry to hear about pudge leaving. I have missed her posts.

Aly

I just love ya Aly Pie. xoxoxo!

hey all! Found the droopy discussion amuzing and Aly so sorry your evening out was spoiled by the snoozes. Been there done that! I know there is bunch more I read but cannot type much. I went out to spend the day in the beautiful sun and saw some weeds that needed pulled. I reached down and pulled at a tuff of grass growing in my fern garden and ripped a ligament again in my right thumb (same one that I destroyed all the ligaments in back in Oct. and had to wear a cast for a month). Now my thumb is not straight and is swollen somewhat. Been keeping ice on it and wearing a brace when doing things. But its sore and will most likely be 3x its size by morning.

So heading to be early as I need to take my meds and pray the Lord take the pain down a notch or two. Will probably call the Ortho doc in the morning. But I do not want a cast again...

Good mormimng Ladies,

It's 3:30 in tjhe am & I can't sleep.

Ann, I hjace actuallu been using alcohol (thjat ius on my skim not 2 drink) & thjen use amnti-itchj cream. Benadryl as well as perdnisome 2 hjasten tjhe cure.

Joni, I will PM U & U cant ell me abnuot pudge. We werr friemds & I semt messgaes but mnecer got respomses. & now curoiusity is giong 2 kill me.

Jouyve, U realize Y U jhace imnjuredURself...U cam't do any more work tjhan any1 else. It's payuback 4 tryimg 2 do too mucjh!

Helen, it is tuer. I am tryimg 2 kill myself. Just takimg tjhe loooong way. I guiess I am a masochist & enjhou the pain!

Liz, U look so differemt in thjese shots, mayne its the angle or upclosemness of tjhese new 1's.

Alyu, sorruy 4 thje playu last pm. Mayve it wasm't just U! Am I redaimg it rihgt U R leavimg UR job?

Marta, It must be a short preson thing. Yrs ago I wore hihhg heels, needed the heihgt! I am 5' - 5'1" on a good dau. But latelyu tjhe dayus hace not been good so I guess I am really 5'.

Okay Ladies; Aftre several wks of waitimg 2 get an appt in Chalrestom, I called the drs offive on Mon. I asked Y no appt yet. Her reply was thjat shje had been callimg & leacimg messages with no replu. Now I hjad tracked dowm the numnbres 4 hjer. So I asked 4 thje nos. & whjat do U kmnow thje 1st no I call I get a yuomg man who makse the appts. So I call dr bcak amd gice thjem tjhe 1st no. Day gose by no call fron dr5. Tjhe mnext aftrenoon sjhe calls & gices me thje appt day & tine. June 9 @ 9:00 am. Now Chjarlestom is @least a 3 hr drice 4 me, so will go nihgt B4 & stray the nihgt. NBut how cone I got tjhe presom rihgt awauy & thjey couldm't? Maynbe I shuold ask 4 jher job! I kmow I cuold do berrter.

Well, enhou the am ahjead. If it wasm;t dark out I wuold go outsied & sit im ny little chair & throw rocks im tjhe [lamt bed.

Loce 2 All,

Your catching my insomnia Kimberly. Sorry you can't sleep. It's nice to have someone still up! I am in bed watching project runway, love it. Just about to go nighty night.
I haven't given up my job as such, just finished a contract. The study stuff gets stored for 15 years in case FDA audits the results. Have very little work at moment. Only bout 4 hours a month!
Great you have an appt. Minevis on 13 June, we will have to compare notes:)
luv ya

Aly and Kimberly, I hope you're both sleeping! Kim--glad you got your appointment...finally, by figuring out how--funny story!

Joyce, wow, I am sorry about the torn ligament. I so hope icing it helped, and hope it heals without the cast. I'd say you're past the "weeding days" and hope you can stand to let go of that job.

Aly your droopy story is funny--hope the waistbands are loose.

Everyone--Have a good day today!

Good norning agaim Ladies,

Ann, I took a 2 hr nap. Was vrey restlsee. I dom't know if in my littel pea sixed braim of mine I an worryuing abuot thje weddimg or whjat it is. I 4got 2 asdk U, how was UR royal treatmemt yestreday with hospice? Did U get UR hairwasjhed? Limdsay colored mime and tjhem I wemt & got it cut. Cut, blow dry, & flat irom cost me $7.00. Boy, tjhat laduy works chjeap!

Aluy, U had betrre stop talkimg abuot how great NZ is! Now U tell us thjere is nmo poisom ivy? U R goimg to hjave thje whole lot of us tjherecampimg out on UR fromt step!

Amnd Liz, U look muchj yuongre in thje new pics & Ur face is thinmer 2!

Have a good mornimg, Ladies. Love 2 all.

Regarding the trainee aide, Kimberly... it was not a total disaster, but I ended up having to help train her--my dear aide was flustered or something and the hoyer deal was so bad, lol. The third try was successful, although I hung at an angle. The good part was the shower... and not being dropped onto the floor. I pray for no more training of aides. I'm thankful I can still talk. I really needed to. My hospice doesn't do "royal treatment", incidentally. No lotion or chapstick--just shower and puts on my shirt, then back to bed. But it's fine. The time needed is still an hour and a half. All I want is bed and to be left to nap.

Glad your hair turned out well! Yes, that's a very good price. I would expect the wedding causes your brain to race at night. You have my empathy.

Ah Kimberly, Dr.s can be so frustrating. Your story sounds a lot like mine. I just switched Dr.s out of frustration so more tests so he can feel comfortable. What about me? LOL And yes, my complexes about my height are quite obvious. In fact, all my complexes are very obvious! ;)

Joyce, so sorry about your injury! That stinks!

Ann, just want to say that you are the best. I have my reasons for saying so.

Aly and Kimberly, have you always had trouble sleeping or is this a recent development? No fun to be awake when everyone else is sleeping! xoxo!

Wow! What a group we are! Insomnia. Bad thumbs. Droopy boobs. I can't imagine what people think when visiting this chatty thread! :shock:

I too had trouble sleeping last night. Did great for the first half, then started in with panic attacks about 130 in the morning. Those lead to asthma attacks and now, mama is tired again this morning.

It will be another beautiful day here in California. We do have a weather system approaching for the weekend. Which is a shame because that is when I get the outside chores done. Have some unpleasant business to attend to in the attic. I do believe we had a mouse or two. UGH! Calgon, take me away!

We have starting cleaning out husband's office in order to transorm it into a bedroom. It is so small though, I don't know how we are going to fit a bed in there. We did get the threshold ramps yesterday and will install them this weekend. Hopefully we will get the chair next week. Hubby is starting to go stir crazy. I sure as heck don't blame him.

I hope this note finds everyone enjoying their day. Perhaps and extra cup of tea and a midday nap for some of us. :p

Love and light
Meg

Ann, I am sooo sorru U hace 2 traim the preson2 help U. 1 would think with all thje diseasee out there tjey wuold B traimed 4 ecerythimg!
I am glad U didm't get drooped. All this info has beem good 4 me BC IDK if I will ecre get 2 thoes stafes, but now have tjhe kmoledge 2 help me throuhg.
Marta, thje sleepoimg problens hace beem going on 4 abuot 18 mos or so. Dr took me off the valiun and amitriptyline and it has cone back. I cam't stand beimg like this. Wjen I go 4 my new appt I will try 2 remeber to write it down & everthingf to ask.

Meg, Ism't it treeible tjhat ecen wjen we dom't get the sleep we still jave 2 fumction no marrer what! I do like my sleep & can't stamd it wjhen I dom't get enouhg.

Amd this is 2 every1: Y wsa it so sim[le 4 me 2 get thruohg the 1st X I called. I know threr were 3 nos onthe paper wioth names but come on whjen 1 doesm't call back try anohtre!

Well I am lyimg in bed watching Limdsay cleam my room. It's the onlu BR tjhat Bcomes an euesore BC everythimg gets drooped in jhere! I am trying 2 gte my butt up & help her but thje arm just womt' pick up. It's hjard 2 even pick up my legs. Thjey feel like lead now.

HJace a good aftrenoon.

Loce 2 all,

Sending out HUGS to all the insomniacs of the group. Been there many times myself and do feel for you totally!

Ann, breaking in new people is always an adventure to say the least. I am glad they didn't drop you (have they in the past?) and I do hope someone helps you with your chapstick at some point in the day or night! Your right in saying that I will have to give up the yard work completely.

Kimberly, I surely need someone to come and clean my room! You lucky girl!

After a couple days this week of doing small outside jobs, one raking the lawn of winter debrie and the other doing a small amount of hoeing and helping my lil one brush out a horse. Now I am unable to lift my arms to get my hair washed for very long. I almost passed out as I tried to wash my hair today. I began to breathe like I was running a marathon. Can only imagine that is from weakness.

My thumb so far has not swollen as much as I thought it would, so I hope I dodged the bullet on that one. Its still a little stiff and sore but not too bad. I have been having to be very careful about falling lately. My legs are feeling so weak. I did fall the other day when I was getting out of bed.

In other news...gorgeous sunshine today! Only problem was the wind! Gusts up to 30 miles an hour! Although we have seen bigger...those types of winds are hard to sit out on the deck in! It does sound like it might be settling down some so praying tomorrow we still have sun and a nice day all the way around!

Well, here it is almodt 11:00 pm & am wide awale! This am aftre no sleep til 6:30 am, I awole @ 8 am & thouhgt I shuold go uotsied 4 yard work. Well, it wsa alreadu 80* & so I sat im my little chaer tryimg 2 pull weeds. 9:30 cones & I am still sittimg im thje chair...U get whrer I'm giong with this? Limdsau slept im & fimallu @ 10 am shje cone\s lookimg 4 me. I wsa stuck. I cuoldm't get up & I didm't bothre 2 take my cell wiht me. Shje helped me in the huose wjhre I showerde amd sat on tjhe bed. I necer got up 2 help hjer 2dau. If no bettre will call dr. A lot of good tjhat will do.

I did avtuallu get 1 thimg accompl\ilshed 2day. I buohgt new sjheets for my Califormia kimg bed (hjard 2 fimd sjheets tjhat arem't too coslty) amd Limdsau & I put them on. Did I mentoin that thjey R satim sheets? If U dom't hjear from me 2morrow it's BC I slid off of tjhem and landed om tjhe florr.

Have a good nihgt, sweet derams....

AAAAGGGHHHHH whjere did my posr go, Rihcard! R U mad abuot the diapre/restauramt?

I cam't beliece this. I know Richard is uot 2 get me. (JK) I 4got to tell U whjat happemed this am. I didm't sleer but 2 hrs & them stayed awake all nihgt. Wemt back 2 bed abuot 6:30 & slept til 8. Devided 2 tyr my hand om the othre side of my porch. Wemt uotsideit was alreadu 82*. Sat im my littel chair & treid 2 pull weeds. Well I wsa sittimg tjhrer im my little chair amd decieded I jad had enuohg. Thje 1 X I dom't brimg my cell uot & Limdsau decides 2 sleep im. I cam't get up. Shje gets up abuot 9:30/10:00 ish loolong 4 me. By this X I hjace beem sweatimg amd exjhausted. Shje helped me shorew amd I mever did help jher cleam my room. But I did [ut on mu new sheets. If U dom't hjear from me 2morrow it's BC I slipped uot of thje bed. (I buohgt satim sjheets & I cam't seem 2 stau im 1 spot.)

JHace a good nihgt Ladies; my love 2 all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back