Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim, if you didn't see poison ivy, it could also be poison oak or sumac... the trick if you work out in the yard is to rinse your arms/legs off with the cold water from the hose before coming in and cleaning up. Do not use warm/hot water and soap until after you rinse off for a few minutes with cold water! The warm water opens your pores up to the poison, and the soap strips the protective oils off of your skin. We have a ton of it up here, so I grew up getting it. Baking soda mixed with water also helps the itch/puss if it starts getting infected. I think there's something called Bluesom(?) that is for poison ivy as well.

Sounds like your yard is looking great, but killing you in the process!

Hi to everybody, see I just gave up on trying to remember what everyone's doing!

Kimberly- im not sure i understand what you mean. did i say something somewhere and i am forgetting? what do you mean the pictures look nothing like me now? thats how i look. im so confused.

Ann- i know what you mean. really. i thought about that. but when it comes down to it, if some man or "the" man in my life decides he doesnt like me because my tattoos are droopy, then i dont want to be with that guy anyway... too shallow for me.
and at least i will have great stories to share, as they all have very special meaning to me.
but im sure i will regret it when and if i get to 50 and 60. i will deal with it then.

if some man or "the" man in my life decides he doesnt like me because my tattoos are droopy, then i dont want to be with that guy anyway

Just so you know Liz, it's more than the tatts that will droop and you're right, if they care about droopage then they're not fit for any real woman. ; )

Marta, those already droop. ive got a ten year old. amazing. i never knew littles ones could droop.
they can.

those already droop

Ah, there's more droopage than you can imagine! You're much too young for all that their is. You've got a long way to go, God willing. LOL!

well i hope it doesnt get too much worse. i may be young, but ive put on a bit of weight and unfortunatly my weight fluctuates and lots of things are not where they should be... and that is just DUMB.

Well like you said, if they're hung up about perfection, they don't need to bother you. xoxo!

darn right. ive never been into perfection. in fact, a guy thats really built is a huge turn off for me. seems so unnatural.
and my pals has taught me alot about accepting ppl for who they are not what they look like or what they can or cannot do.
so now i would never waste time on someone who gets caught up in petty stuff like that.

I never did either. It's weird that someone you might think is beautiful before you know them can turn very unattractive after you get to know them. And the opposite is true too. Sometimes when you meet someone that might seem kind of funny looking at first can change in to the most beautiful person you've ever seen! It's magic I tell ya!

Oh Aly sorry about your evening.:( Has anyone heard from pudge? Just think I read somewhere that she wanted to delete her profile, and I noticed she is not on my friend list anymore.

You know Joni I saw that post too. It was last month. I don't know why she wanted to delete her profile but I don't think she has posted since. Good luck to you tomorrow.

Liz and Marta, you're right, of course regarding what matters. Other people's stuff never bothered me, but I was surprised to find I still wanted to exercise and so forth before ALS--there was no expiration on all that self imposed business. And, I wouldn't have followed my advice either, if that makes any sense.

Aly, I'm so sorry your evening was a flop, but glad you had a good night's sleep.

Kimberly, wow--I'm way too familiar with poison ivy. Had it increasing in amount as a kid, until I was no longer allergic for about 20 years, and then began getting it again. I used rubbing alcohol on it as an adult--probably not the best solution.

Joni, hope all goes well tomorrow!

Diane, I hope you're able to at least read the forum and know you are very much missed.

Helen, hope your computer woes are not too awful... and also hope you're doing well.

Pudge will not be back. She and her husband are OK. PM me for more details.

Last edited:
Wow lorie thanks for letting me know. A little extreme to me, but whatever...each to his on.

Ann, I hear you. I was a Jazzercise fiend for years and years, an avid hiker of mountain trails, down hill skiier. Also wore 3 inch heels. Then 2 inch. Then 1 1/2 inch. Now I wear flats and making the bed wears me out. I'm glad Bradley is who he is and doesn't mind the "changes" in me. He's one of the good ones. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back