Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Photos Liz. But of course I will throw you out on your A......s and disinherit you for the tatoo :). You and Bug look identicle. Your cat looks like you as well. Very clever to get a cat with the same smile. Or do you smile like a cat, kind of mischeivious and all.

You have seen pukekos and Kereru, now I am a Kiwi with gumboots. When I get skinny and pretty. I may even put myself up as the Bird

Well then Aly, guess i wont show you pictures of my other 7 tattoos....
You ladies thinking any differently about me now?
Or maybe you are thinking differently about people who have tattoos?

Sorry, Liz. I just gor on & will lookl at photos larter. Still agaimst tattoos but dom't thimk any less of U! @ Each his owm is the old saying. Can't wait to see the pics.

Aly, I kmnow wjhat U mean about pediatrics...The doctor we had been seeimg fimnally agreed witjh me thjat he was mild CP (duie 2 the fracturred skull) & then that doctor died that night! I cried 4 3 wks. We jhad been seeimg him for 10 yrs. HJe was moer tjhan a dr.

HJelen, rumming ovre UR owm toes! I guiess only we cam do tjhe impossinle.

Joni, so glad 2 see U bacvk. Food provessors R great jiust B caerful & not drop it. I jhad wasjed the blade & put it im tjhe draim & it fell thruohg the opemimg & fell on the floor. B4 I cuold bend ovre & p[ick it up Grauysom ;who was 17 mos old, stepoed on it & cut jher foot im half! U know whjat it can do 2 a carrot so U cam imagine hjer soft little foot. Shje had emergemcy surgeru amd was fime with it. Me on the ohtre hand was a baskte caes. I giuess wjhem U hace 6 kids U get a LOT of war strories.

Well, Ladise I am giomg 2 try & color muy hair. I hjace an appt 4 a hairciut 2dauy & like it coloerd B4. I was a redhead as a child, mousey browm as am adult amd now too much white (not grauy) thjat I color it blomnde. All my kids hjave a diffreent hair color. 2 Shades of Brumettes, 2 shades of redj & 2 shades of blomndes. (Differemt mailman 4 each pregmamvy. )

& I wamt U 2 knoe tjhat I hjace beem slowly workimg on thje plamnt bed im front of tjhe huoes. Well, we hjace spread 20 bags of lava rocks & still hjacen't fimisjhed 1 side of tjhe proch. Hopimg to wsah thje adirondakl chjairs dowm this afgtrenoon. Maybe get anmothre coat om thjem as well as tjhe door. Pics will followonly 4 jhalf thje huoes.

JHace a womdreful dauy & will talk to U all 2mihgt.

AAAAGGGHHHH. Richard fimally got me! I dom't remembre sauyimg anuything bad. Plesae Richard, or Al, I am sorruy. Maybe it's all the typos! I guess I am no lomgre a virgim....I got my 1st post hold!

Good morning ladies! I hope today finds everyone well and happy! It is a beautiful Spring day here and another busy day. Last night I didn't sit until about 9 p.m. And then it was to treat and massage hubby's feet. The good news is they are feeling better which I am glad for.

Kimberly, I wish you peace, love and strength. I know you have a lot on your plate right now and I hope that your daughter's decision to come home is a positive one. You are a very strong lady!

Marta - Glad you had a wonderful trip!

(Side note - I totally cheat. I take notes while I am reading posts because I hate the thought of forgetting someone. If I do, I feel awful.) :wink:

Helen - Sorry I missed you yesterday. I managed to leave work and left myslef logged in. oops! And I too am jealous of your mustang! My grandmother had a 69 Mustang Turino and I LOVED that car. When I was old enough, she would let me borrow it. I miss it dearly. :sad:

Liz - I couldn't see your pics, don't know why. Sent a friend request and thought maybe that would help. I have seen some gorgeous tattoos. I would love to get one but don't have an actual design, just some ideas. It is on my someday list. :)

I hope everyone has a great day. Today, it is all about getting things done. One step at a time. I may not conquer the world today, but it will be shaking in its boots when I am done.
Love and light
Meg

Liz I can't find the photos either! My morning started off with one of life's big mysteries. Did a load of wash with two pairs of socks. Just spent 10 minutes trying to find what happened to the mates as I now only have one sock from each pair. I shook out the other clothes to see if they were clinging to them and put my head in my dryer--but nope they have totally disappeared.
Laurel

Morning al, if you can call 5 am morning?

Liz I love ya tatts n all :). A mums love is unconditional. Well almost!

Meg, I love your idea of the notes. I wake up a day after all you Americans, and hours after you are already up, so usually have a lot of posts to read from my great tea lovin friends :) notes would help. Glasses too.

Laurel, it's the sock monster, we have one as well, takes many pairs a year. You need the sock monster exterminator. We had a company here selling dryers through a tv campaign. If you purchased a dryer from them, they gave away a free pair of socks to keep the sock monster at bay for a bit :) . Clever advertising

Have no idea if it's a nice day cause it's still dark out. Fingers crossed for a good one.

Back later love Aly

Last edited:
We all have a sock monster, that's a good ad campaign... I just have a bin full of orphan socks that someday may find their other half... or in a minute of desperation, will get mismatched to another one for the day!

Liz, gotta say I don't like needles, and so wouldn't go for a tattoo... But you have to remember that I grew up in an era when only sailors and bikers had tattoos for the most part. You should see some of the ones my nephew has, they're amazing! But I still prefer to see the beautiful skin than the ink. But since you love my old Mustang, I love you anyway! :)

I just went to lunch at Panera and since the line was so long, I was sitting alone at a table waiting for my friend to get our food... ended up meeting a guy that thought I was the person he was meeting (not), but turns out, may have a lead for my design company through it! Too funny, picking up men at lunch! And, he specializes in insurance, disability, etc. Too late for me though!

Anyway, have a great day ladies, gotta get back to a logo design...

Lots & lots of posts to catch up on. First off, know the pain of having toes rolled over by power wheels. Done it a few times myself when propelling mums chair. Sorry for your pain Helen. On the book front Joyce ( many pages back) the books going to archive are architectural books. They're expensive to buy so I'm glad to see them go to others who'll use them.

Brought mum home from hospice today. Yipee. She's delighted to be back-all smiles & is tucked up in bed watching a movie. I'm glad to have her home too. Had a real serious talk with hospice staff before she left on end of life options. We decided it was time for hospice home care team to start visiting the house to keep an eye on her symptoms. Feels good to have the support. For now probably just a weekly visit to keep an eye on possible aspiration. After that we'll just see what happens.

Liz, love the new pics, but what about that swimwear? Have you planned a trip to go with it?

In admiration of those of you who make notes as you move along the posts. I can just keep hold of who I am at this point and that's about it. So, sending love to each and all.

Avril, I am so pleased you mum is back home. Smiles and all, such a relief for you :) tell her welcome home from me :)

good heavens! Two pages have flown by!

Liz I loved your pics and posted on your page thingy. Ty for showing them!

Jellycat (is it Diane? you need a signature for those of us with 1/2 a brain... :-D ), That is great to give the architectural books to the archives. Thanks for taking the time to answer my curious mind!

Helen I find that you and I have so much in common! I also am a graphic artist! As well as photography. At present I haven't found too many opportunities for logo design although I offer it, but I have been doing alot of posters for different theatrical orginizations up here in Alaska. Lodes of fun! As long as I can hold a wacom pen and a camera, this is the last of the jobs I can fill anymore.

Aly, you seem to be a full day and 4 hours earlier than me! As most know, Alaska borders the international date line, so I am assuming that I am correct in saying that if today is Tuesday for me, then its Wednesday for you...and if at the time of posting this its about 1pm Alaska time, then its about 9 am for you? Am I correct?

Laurel, sock monsters get the best of everyone! I have figured a way to fight them here. I just buy everyone the same type of white socks (all the boys that is) and then they all go into the clean sock basket. Then they all get the same socks and no one is the wiser on mismatching! Its a different thing for my lil one. She has been known to wear a green sock on one foot and a pink on the other. She likes it that way! ;)

Avril, glad your mum is back home!

Welcome home to Avril's Mom.. ooops, it's Mum across the pond!

Joyce, I don't get too many logo designs anymore, and most people think they should only cost about $500 so that's always a problem... But, I do like them. Most of my work is for a "janitorial supply and service organization"... they supply products, equipment and all kinds of services to their members, who are Janitorial Distributors... whose customers are the actual cleaning companies. Confused? I never know how to describe them, as they have their own private label, along with the major mfg's products, and all kinds of training, collateral, & other services to their distributors, who then go and train their customers. I used to work for American Cancer Society as a designer, and did lots of work for them the first few years after my layoff, but that's pretty much dried up a few years ago. I loved working for them, though as a non-profit, not much money. But I really felt at the end of the day that I helped accomplish something in the world.

Anyway, the logo I'm doing is for a group of sculptors, who want a 3D logo... and can't be any one particular type of sculpture, as they have all kinds in their group. And not too traditional... and... well, you know what I mean.

Funny, we have similar issues with our husband / children as well! Maybe it's in our artistic genes...

And, I do basically the same with the socks, now that both boys wear the same size, there's no telling them apart. When they were little I read somewhere to put a small marker "dot" on the inside of each sock for the oldest, 2 dots for the 2nd child, etc. But when my Asperger son saw the dot, he wouldn't wear them at all! Absolutely refused to put them on. So there went that great idea.

The oven is calling me, better go check on the food!

Joyce, you were exactly correct with the time, you clever thing. Your post came on at 0901 Wednesday morning.
I am just back from swimming. Now off to take my elderly neighbor( who is fitter than me) out for lunch. She just had her blue heeled put down and needs some tlc.

Love to you all, and more lettuce, here I come :(

My, my we R all so busy!

Avril, I am so glad 2 see Mum homne! Happu, Hapouy Day. I will rejioce wioth U.

Meg, I dom't kmnow if I am strpng or stunbnborn. Being all german, I tend 2 think it's tjhe lattre.

Anmd 2 all the soclk monmstres out there, a little trick....I bouhgt eachj of tjhe kids their owm mesh laundry bag. U can get thjem at thje $ store. I hjacem't lost a sockl in yrs!

I wemnt bold & had my haie cut 4 thje weddimg. Limndsay colored it as I cam't move 1 arm & cam't liftr the othre over my head amymore. She didm't do a nbad job, tried 2 take pics but everu pose made me look fat! Shje wsa polite & said the canrea +s 10 lbs. IDK anbout tjhat.

Aftre lumch, we wemt & got more laca rocks. This makee abuot 25 bags 4 1 side of tjhe porhc. IDK if I cam do thje othjre side B4 tjhe weddimg. Too costlu & 2 2 musch work. I sat & smoothde tjhem & dom't knwo if I leamed 2 far nbut mucsle swpasms im my calves wom't stop & cuold baerly make it in huose. Now im bed with Ben Gay amd a muscle rub. Hooe it works or I am im 4 a looomng nihgt.

Hace a 1derful evenimg ladies, I am off 2 bed.

Love to all

Kim, kinda figured the food processor out, and guess what, I cut my hand up washing it. Dang but them blades are sharp. Liz I have a butterfly tatoo on my ankle, and It hurt like rip getting all that color put in. I do not like pain! Meg :( you forgot me..just kidding. I miss Diane, if you are reading this:) Avril tell mum I am glad she feels better. Has anyone here had the barium swallowing study?Helen is panera the bread place? Aly I need to be eating lettuce with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back