Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aly, you caught me...I was smiling when reading your post, you terrific Mum! :-D

Liz is looking great. I haven't seen her, either...but I hear her. :grin:

Joyce, how wonderful for your autistic son to give you roses and a hug. Wow--very impressed. Glad you have a local theater to go to! Phil kept a little plastic step stool in the bed of his truck and got it out so I could take small steps to climb into his truck. It helped a lot.

Kimberly, I'm glad you heard from Hannah!

oh my. you ladies are crazy. i will NOT be posting a picture. why? for one, I dont know how, for two- no one, and i mean NO ONE needs to see that.
I havent bought a swimsuit in over 6 years. i went to the store yesterday with no intention on getting one, or even looking at them. but i found myself over there... so i looked.
theyve got all these new kinds that i had never seen before.
so i found one i liked. and wow. its not like im hot or something, but it held everything in good enough that id wear it in front of people.
and thats huge. dont get me wrong, i still threw up in my mouth a little, but it couldve been a lot worse.
its a one piece that has sort of a v-shaped neckline and has awesome tummy control. the girls looked pretty good and i hadnt seen my tummy so flat in years. oh and its brown.
ive been thinking of overcoming my fear of water and going white water rafting- nothing too extreme, but now i can at least fit in with the rest of the group instead of wearing just a tshirt and shorts.
Ann- youre a dear!

Liz-Girl, brown sounds like a great color for you. Hint (or else self-deception!): get a tan in your swimsuit first, as tan skin looks thinner. Don't burn... skin that's been covered for six years will burn easily unless your skin is very dark. I always loved brown swimsuits but on me they looked terrible. Black was my color.

I have taken to buying the 'halter' type swim suit tops that have a tummy cover. Not like a dress but more like a halter shirt of the 60's-70's (if any of you are old enough to know that period!). Then I buy a pair of bicycle or exercise shorts that are made of spandex type material and go about half way down my thigh. Just can't see myself in anything less anymore! Liz I am sure you look great in the suit and cut yourself some slack! We are our own worse enemy when we look at ourselves.

Ann, thanks for reminding me. We had a plastic step stool after I had the stroke. Will see if I can get one of the boys to look in the garage for it. Although hubby will still try and get a goose in there once in awhile I am sure. ;)

It poured rain last night. Even hailed for a spell...but today looks fresh and clean with the grass getting greener and greener by the hour. All the igloos have melted fully and the tents have gone up for the summer! :-D The ice on the lake if fully gone, which is a earliest record broken this year. Usually its gone fully by the end of this week.

Good morning ladies! Sorry to be away all weekend. It is very hard for me to get to the board with two youngin's, my PALS, the dog and the cat all vying for my attention.

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Be back soon!
Love and light
Meg

Good Afgtrenoon Ladise, I notived we jhavem't had amy men on 4 a while. I guiess we scaerd them away. JHad a rouhg night last nmight....My hip hutr so nbad I didmn't sleep, so finalky at 6 am I wemt lookimg 4 somnething. I toolk it amd didm't wake up til 11. Y do we do tjhat? Lingre in paim or B cold amd 2 lazxy 2 get up & fix thje pronblen? I swrae next time I will jiust do it. Hip still hiutrscam't figuer out wjhat I did thouhg.

Liz, I jhace lost ocver 55 lbs, & the onluy plavce I wera a bathimg suit is im the sauna or hot tun at the Y. I am afrdai of scaring thje little 1s. My kids R sweet & tell me I loolk good but I dom't beliece them. I see whjat the mirroe sees! But U shuold B like my sistrre...we wemnt to Chjjarlestom & sjhe wore a 2 pc (she was probablu a good 50 lbs ovcerweight!) She said shje didm't kmow these poeple & wuold mnecer see them again! I couldm't do it & I onlu weihged 114 lbs. at the time!

Joyce, I am glad U had a 1dreful Morthre's Day. Is UR son a hihg fumctoining Autistic? Thje resaon I ask is my som was diffrent at bitrh and he hjas necer been fully diagmosed with any 1 disoredre. He was vrey stiff, would mot make eye comtact & terrible nurser. He wallkde vrey earluy at 8 1/2 mos buyt dragged 1 leg. Orhto said it was bc of it beimg an eralu walklre. He wsa not verbal amd was in speechj vreu early. He dose nmot like to B huggde or 2 gice hugs. He does hace dyslexia as well as plamnta rotatiom amd we fuond uot mucjh latre that the dr probablu cracked his skiull durimg delicery. We hjad a skull serise dome bnut was told by the neuor tjhat too much X hda passed. Just sone thuohgts. (Aly, if UR listemimg!)

Meg, malke suer U gice URself some X. I kmow wjhat it's lkie 2 leace URself 4 last.

Ann, I dom't picrtuire U in a black swimsiut. I imagime it beimg veru brihgt with Beuatiful florews. Just like U....brihgt & beuatuful!

Marta amnd Dianne, Prayung 4 a safe returm. I miss U 2.

Did I miss any1? Oh, Joni, U R quite. Did U hace a mive Mothre's Day? R U rested? I pray U R feelimg berrer.

Love U all,

Chitter, chatter, love it all.

I am going swimming in my black swimmers as much as possible. I have to use the local pool now, as it's too cold in ours. I have not worn swimmers in public in years and years. I have got heaps more confidence having lost some weight, but more it's just getting a little more self esteem lately. When I looked in the mirror I still look ridiculous, almost worse as my skin is baggy, but oh well. :) I saw some huge people in bikinis while in Hawaii. Brave or crazy, not too sure.

My funny story from yesterday........ Had the final concreting done near the new pool shed. I was chatting to the concreting men standing next to the brand new, wet concrete. The workman pointed to cookie ( cat) at my feet and said grab the cat quickly. So I panicked, tried to get him, frightened him so much ,that he ran for it. Straight through the fresh and beautifully smoothed out sloppy goo. A rather messy set of foot prints and a cat covered in concrete up to his knees. Hubby found him in the bushes and he was locked in the garage for many hours to clean up ( cat, not Hubby).
The poor men had to start again. Took 2 hours to clean up all the kitty foot prints :). Can't wait to see the bill!

Well I am doing nothing again. Exhausted and fed up. I need cookie to brighten my day again.
Olivia is home sick ( already) so I am going to go and see her for her mid term break in 3 weeks. Bit scared cause the aftershocks are frequent and much of Christchurch is still cordoned off. I will keep away from high buildings :)

If you have read all this, then you have done well.
Aly

I'm back and happy to be back but sad for missing my sibs and Mom too. I guess I just want it all. I missed you too Kimberly and all! Didn't look at a computer all weekend. We went golfing, or I should say I rode and they golfed, had some family photos taken, went to a Rangers vs. Yankees ballgame and had a good time, they drank a lot and Mom and I drank a little, we all ate a LOT. I'll post some pictures in the next couple days. They are a fun bunch! I skimmed the last thousand or so posts (okay, a slight exageration) and will peruse them more closely later. It's nice to see you all. xoxoxoxo!

Welcome home :). We are a productive bunch are we not? It's near on impossible to catch up on our written diarrhea, after a break. Glad you had a nice time.

Just saw the news, another huge aftershock overnight, only minor damage. Bet poor Olivia got a shock! Bad pun. Maybe I was a bad mother letting her go back to university. I should have let her have the year off......

Joyce, what in the world is a " goose". ?

Marta, I am soooo gkad U R back safe & suond! It suonds like U had a 1dfreul X too!

Visitimg famliy has alwaus bneen bittrewwert....I so much wamt 2 B with them (mine R also a LOT of fum) buit I am glad I moced my fanily to Maybnerry RFD. My sistrew's kids hjace all gottem into truoble with drimnkimg, tatooims (sorey Liz), nbad relatoimships, amd crzy piercimgs amd colorimgs. My kids wuold visit tje malls up tjhere amd wuold come hone & sau those kids scaer me. Job well dome! I pattrd myselg om tjhe back!

Avril, I missde U€ earlier, sorry!

Amd Helen too! Uor gruop is gettring sooo big amd my memory is gettimg soooo small.

Hace a good dau ladies. Giomg out to lumch with my 2 oldset girls. Thjen off 2 byu more lava rockls. Hoope 2 get 1 side of porch dome so I cam take some pics!

Hi all,
I also had a busy Mother's Day... woke up to toast and tea in bed from my younger son (and luckily my neighbor picked up my daughter at 5:45 a.m. from her after prom party!), went to BJ's to pick up some food for a neighborhood going away party on my porch later in the day, went to my Mom's and gave her a cake and card from BJ's, ate some decadent chocolate cake, went home and picked up the porch (with a lot of help, I was moving pretty slow at that point!), and at 3pm the neighbors (some whom I barely know) started coming. My neighbors across the street from us is moving to Virginia after 17 years in their house! And they were leaving first thing this morning, so I was glad that my last-minute party for them (2 are already down there, just the Mom and one daughter were still here). Even got 2 of the freshman college boys who had returned home the day before to come over! My daughter was all bedraggled and sick from her all-nighter (what a lightweight!) :) but managed to come out for some goodies. It was so nice to see everyone over here, its been a long time since I've had any sort of party. I was definintely pooped last night, but so worth it.

And today my ramps came for my porch and scooter... funny thing is, the scooter keeps scraping the top of the ramp, not sure if there's a fix for that... but now I don't have to wait for someone to move the thing up and down the porch steps, and we've had so much intermittent rain this last week, it's spent most of its time on the porch.

Hope everyone had as nice a Mom's Day as I did, whether you're a Mom of 1 or many, or Honorary Mom! Safe trips everyone!

Aly, a goose is whjrer uou pinch some1 on tjhe backside. Not a littel pinch usuially a big grab of skin. Not 2 imtentoinalluy hurt eithre. Usde as a show of affexctoin.

I got a texct from Hanmnah 2day. Siad whe is comni9ng home. We will see bc the rules R goimng to be set!

Hi to everyone. Diane, I miss you! Marta, welcome home and so glad your family visit was wonderful. Helen, when I drive my powerchair onto the lift (think elevator), I scrape unless I tilt my chair some. I sort of doubt you can tilt your scooter.

I need to proclaim right now--I'm so bad in remembering names, and even who said what--I'm asking ahead for a free pass here, because I can't scroll through back pages anymore to get my details straight. If I sound like a nincompoop, you should know I've always been one--just tried previously to hunt down information.

Aly, this aftershock business scares the willies out of me in Christchurch. I'm praying they end, and no one else is harmed. Wear your bathing suit and feel great. Hug little Cookie after you clean the paws.

Kimberly, you explained a "goose" very well. I'm the giver here, Phil the recipient. Hannah has met her match (totally unrelated, lol.)

Meg, yes--do take time for yourself--you really need it for the long haul.

Ann, U R alwauys 2 B 4given! I dom't know how mamy X's I hjace 2 scroll up & doen the pafe 2 remembre who said what! Amnd tjhen if it is on 2 pgs 4get it. I hjace the memoeery of a goldfish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back