Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aly I do hope you all have a good time at your daughters house. I can understand about not feeling all that up to snuff to traveling. Especially dealing with fatigue like you are. I leave all the flight arrangements for my hubby to work out when we go somewhere, since I make so many mistakes now. His problem though is it takes him days if not weeks to decided which flights to take and then he doesn't get them for the lower cost! That happened the other night when he booked our tickets to go see my mother for next month. He was not a happy camper. I do hope you have a good day today Aly!

Kimberly, I have always had dogs around me all my life. It was one of my "when I grow ups" to be a veterinarian. But then I decided I wanted to be a photographer instead. We are down to two dogs now. After we had lost our last one this winter due to old age, I told the kids when we run out of dogs I most likely won't be getting anymore. Our smallest dog is 4 yr old chihuahua and my heart just loves him to pieces. He is like a furbaby to me and loves to be swaddled and rocked like a baby. Since I wont be having any grandbabies any time soon, he helps with the "baby withdrawls" that I go through every so often. :)

Sandy, I do not think I have met you before but howdy! Glad your excited to have your parents come and hope all works out with the sale of their house. You have a happy mothers day to if your a mom! If not...have a lovely day anyway!

Helen...not psychic, just been dealing so long with people with ADD and such, I can spot them a mile away! Yes your right...it doesnt give them an excuse but you might find a way around it to encourage him in a way that gives him confidence that he can complete a job. I know he is not a kids anymore legally, but I have a tendency to think they are more like a kid then the kids are!

I had a lovely day today! The temps were up in the 50's and the sun was shining all day! I put on my shorts and tank top and went out with my eldest son, who brought all my garden pots up to the deck for me. I was able to clean them out from last years plantings and prepare the soil for this years. A few even had some herbs that survived enought to even be revived for this year. I got all my windchimes up with his help and now they are singing sweetly in the gentle breeze. I then made us some bbp moose ribs and rice and broccoli for the meal of the day. I am throughly exhausted! I sat out on my reclining deck chair facing the sun, soaking in the warmth of it while a cool breeze ever so gently cooled. The Lord is so good!

Kim I am sorry about your dog too! I love mine, my daschund is 13 and a half, and gosh I will really nut up when something happens to her, now as for Bama the destroyer...lol well I love him too!

Last edited:
Aly I want a houskeeper too, you should see my house right now. Hey no fair, you are always going off with out me! I hope you have a good trip though.. Helen i'm sorry things are so bad for you... Meg I am still tired after another long day today, but noone better wake me in the morning or I am going to nut up!Sandy sweetie good to hear from you, and so glad for you that your parents will be soon close by. I would give anything to have my mom right now:( Hey Joyce I need to plant some things in my pots too only the hubby emptied all my potting soil out of all my big pots because he saw a few ants, now I will have to get more potting soil. Liz and Ann prunes are disgusting hehe..

Joni, I have a travel bug! My Hubby said that seeing as I have an uncertain future, re mobility and breathing( don't we all), I should let no opportunity go past me, while I am still able. That's why for the past 12 months my feet have hardly touched the ground. I didn't always live like this! It's getting a bit tiring but until I go on my road trip around USa and catch up on y'all I am not going to stop. :)

Love to everyone, even that scallywag Bama

Cleaning never ends in this house. ha ha Right now I'm doing laundry urghhh ha ha.
But maybe later I will get a break no I forgot I'm making a pumpkin cheesecake today. Want to come and join me for a piece of pie and coffee!
Sandy

Car is packed and I think we will be on the road soon. Getting me and my gear together is like getting an infant ready for an outing! Should be fun. And, yes, I remembered MOM. :)

Have a safe trip Diane!

Sandy, cleaning never ends around here either. But its a lack of willing/capable cleaners that put this place to shame. This is why I like to go on cruise ships, EVERYTHING is done for me, the cooking and cleaning! If I had to go to a retirement home, it would be on a cruiseship!

Aly, I am like you. Gotta do it now before I can't do it now longer. Its just getting harder with each trip now. I am thinking this next trip (next month) I will have a power chair to help me out.

Joni, I dumped quite a few of the pots that had old dirt in them so I also have to refill. Luckily I had the forsight to buy a huge bag of potting soil at the end of the season last year when they had them on sale and trying to get rid of their invitory. I might just get to filling the empty pots today.

I am planning on having a yard sale to sell off alot of the junk we have laying around here. Probably within the next 2 weeks. Anything that doesn't sell will go to the thrift shop! Not back into the house! Its taken me all winter to start piling stuff for the collection as I go through rooms and I have come to the conclusion that this whole family have turned into pack rats! I still have so much to do an not a single one of them want to help...but never fear, I will get at least the kids helping using tactics that only a mother can use!...heheheheh!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Wow, I'm hearing a lot of evil laughter out of today's postings... heh, heh, heh...

My daughter's prom today, she left with her friend a while ago... I was supposed to go for the gathering at her friend's house of 20 girls (?) maybe a token male in there? getting into the limo. But, I must have overdone it at the hairdresser's or something today, because my knee buckled, and down I went right on my front porch! Buggers, pisses me off when stuff like that happens... I feel ok, but every now and then, boom, down I go. I'm just glad I didn't take anyone down with me.

And of course, it thundering and raining now, so even if it gets better, it will still be cold and damp (and let's not forget our favorite things, mosquitos and ticks) at the lakeside venue they're having this event at! Guess the gazebo won't be too occupied tonight!

Watching the Kentucky Derby coverage, always love watching this! Hope everyone's having a good day, have some great travels, and keep us in touch!

Helen, I'm so sorry you dropped. Yikes, I had forgotten all about the knees buckling suddenly...In the earlier stages for me, physical fatigue did often do me in, and I fell a whole lot. Now that I'm "safely" in a powerchair/hoist/hospital bed, the fatigue is as much from conversation or stress as from physical causes. Believe me, the body has its ways even now, of letting me down (bad positioning by a couple of inches in bed is one).

But, mostly I wanted to comment on what a "MOM" you are--glad you didn't hurt anyone else, concern the bad weather will mess up the prom plans, etc. Well, mosquitos may be "etc." but ticks are major. You're such a sweetie.

Sandy--your pumpkin cheesecake sounds awesome! I'm thinking of you and glad to see you here.

Aly, wish your energy would return fast. Same for Joni--you're wearing yourself out!

Joyce, just love reading your life. It's such fun. And, I bless both you and Kimberly and all who have ADD or ADHD in the home. When I had a classroom, the majority were ADHD....a heartbreaking addition. Joyce, you obviously could handle that--you know what you're talking about.

Love you all!

Hope you are ok Helen. Quit overdoing things girl! Bet your daughter looked gorgeous:)
It's mothers day today. Got my coffee in bed and Hubby is busy in the kitchen, preparing an eye fillet ( home grown ). My mum and dad are coming for lunch, so a nice time coming up.
I am sitting with hair removal cream on my face! Oh what we ladies have to do, to prevent ourselves from looking like Neanderthals once menopause sets in. Oh it does burn, ouch

Aly

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms!

Thanks Ladies, I'm fine... just the knees (and my ego) are a bit bruised...

I posted a picture in my album of Linnea with her friend (and prom "date" Zan)! They were gorgeous! I have a stack of other pics that Zan's Mom took at their friend's house before the limo... Glad I bailed out on doing that, way more than I could have imagined.

(I don't know what's going on, but 2 ambulances and a fire engine have now gone up the street... hope folks are ok)

I have a cat peering through my porch window at me... Linnea's cat wants in.

Aly and Joyce, I envy you YOUR energy... much as I'd like to travel, I'd rather curl up in my bed and read a book right now! I guess I just don't want to add anything like packing to my "to do" list! Enjoy your trips, and I hope Diane is having a good time at the races. Not sure if they were today or Sunday?

Ann, do you have any kids? Other than the ones in your former classes that is... I sometimes wish I had become a teacher, but the thought of memorizing all those names every year, frankly terrified me! I think I have a streak of Aspergers in me as well as my son. I know good teachers are remembered forever in their students' memories, and I bet you were one of the best!

Sorry if I missed anyone, I can never remember what y'all are up to (like that, and I'm from the North!)... hope Avril's Mom is continuing to do well, Liz, no more all-nighters! :) Only kidding, do it while you can! Laurel, enjoy your parents, love to you all on Mom's Day. Oh, and guess what? Hubby bought our sons and me chinese takeout food tonight for Mom's Day... yum, and no cooking!

Oh, one last thing... I don't know what's in the weather around here, but when I got home from Linnea's hair (really funny, it was "Sexy Big Hair Day" at the salon!)... none of my computers were working... My son had turned them off due to the thunderstorm, and one computer wouldn't turn on, a different computer turned on, but the monitor wouldn't. And when I tried to figure out how to fix the monitor, the laptop crashed!

So I finally got the computer to scan and repair whatever was bothering it, rebooted the laptop and plugged it in, and found out that the monitor is still under warranty 2 years later, so will have to locate, pack and send it off! Now I'm going to have to find a monitor to use in the meantime, and I just gave away the extra one I had a few weeks ago. Not to mention, I work on these computers on a daily basis for my job...

Good night!

Helen, your Linnea and her friend Zan are beautiful. I don't believe in high school it ever crossed my mind that the only other times I'd wear a "formal" were in weddings. Proms were fun. I do feel old... And I hate it when Phil has just left and then I hear sirens. Our village fire dept. isn't too far away, and our road has been the scene of many deaths (country road with some wicked curves, and speeding vehicles).

No kids, Helen. And I was in the classroom only a bit more than three years, with a group that stayed with me for the most part. Lots of home/hospital tutoring followed, which was one on one and mostly very much fun. Those kids would probably remember me. My classroom kids, not necessarily!

I'm glad you were treated to Chinese takeout, but wow--the computer scene is awful. I hope your monitor is fixed quickly and you find one for the meantime.

Aly, how's your skin...still intact, hopefully. Enjoy being pampered after your self torture.

Last edited:
Helen, Ann said it well. Your daughter is gorgeous and her auburn haired friend is lovely too. They look so grown up. Looking back to my prom days, we looked so starched and staid with our teased up hair. I love how natural they look.
Laurel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back