Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane, was your missing post the one in response to Joyce about memory issues? If so, it's there. Have a great evening!

Joyce I had a great laugh over your stretched undies..lol Marta have a good trip this weekend:) Helen so proud you are getting in that trial!Love yall, but got to get some sleep..nighty nite

Love the undie pic! A definite good chuckle out of that one. Gives a visual to the phrase "Putting on your big girl panties." :lol:

Helen - congratulations on the trial. I wish I could get my hubby in to one. Even if not for his immediate help, for the future. Best of luck!

Today is another beautiful day here in California. I am looking forward to accomplishing a few more chores today. My goal is to get one or two things done everyday after work. The house is far from perfect. But I no longer feel overwhelmed. Phew!

Love and light to all!
Meg

Good Morming Ladise and Gemts,

Avril, So glad to hjear Mum is diong better. My prauyers are with yuo both.

Marta, Habe fun on yuor trip! Just be caerful amd no fallimg.

Ann, I hpoe hospive was better yuestreday amd if I rememvber rihgt the nurse come todauy. Hpoe all goes well with yuor visit.

Joni, How is evcreything giong? Yuo seem quiet!

Liz, Whjere aer yuo hidimg?

Meg, I am glad to see yuo. But we hjace 1 rule om jhere....yuo canb't outdo amyone in tjhe cleaming dept. (LOL) And yuo jhace a job too! I dom't thimk I wilk evcer get this big huose cleamed. Thank GOD for Limndasy!

Helen, We hjace used revocerig addivcts im the past. Wjhen we moved the 1st time jhere amd wjhen we movced imto this moneuy pit. We ecve had 1 tjhat was a licemsed plumnber! We paid $10 an hr. amd we jhad ecverythimg in place for abuot $100. Nmot bad.

Dianne, My prauyers aer withj yuo on yuor trip! Enjouy takle pics ofd yuo at tjhe ravces amd also emjoy yuor cisit with familuy. I know the vidit will nbe bitterswewt (rihgt word?).

Amd Aly, whjen is thje dauytime for yuo amd for us? I cam't keep it srtaihgt.

Amd Barry, I will semd yuo a big pieve of weddimg cake soom!

And, Memory problems were the takl of the day! Well, I fit rihgt im with every1. I used to ask my girls on the say to school if I meeded to pick them up amd I wuold ask 20x by the time I got tjhem tjhere. IDK if I wasm't listemimg, couldm't remember, or went im 1 ear and uot the other. Amd not to offemd any1; but my DIL is a blomde. Amd 1 dauy I told hjer tjhat wjhen yuo aer borm yuo have 25,000 braim cells. Amd with eacjh pregnamcy yuo lose 5,000 of them. Well, I told hjer tjhat I was in a deficit (6 births) amd shje looked at me amd believed me! She's so gullinble.

Sad mews on my homefromt! Remember the orther dauy wjhem we were taklimg of dogs? Well muy little momma, Pamsy passed away this norning at 1:30. Sjhe had cammcer and kmew yestreday she wasm't goimg to make it throuhg the nihgt. So Coutrney amd James carried jher im the huose. I was im bed amd I felt fummy amd wemt to cjheck om jher. Wjhen I wemt im her breathimg hjad become quite lanbored. So, I sat bedise hjer anmd petted jher hjead and talked to hjer until sjhe took hjer last nbreaths. I did't thimk it wuold upset me as much as it did amd I sat beside hjer for huors. Part of thje reasome was I cuoldm't get up amd the ohtre was I guess I wasm't ready to let go. How selfishj aer we; lest it nbe a pet or a family memvber, to not let some1 go? I'm sorry for gerttimg emotional, /I guess I meeded a good cry. Now who is giomg to help me dig a hole?

Hjace a good day, today amd be safe!

Love to alk,

Kimnberly

Kimberly, so sorry to hear of the passing of your dog. Its always hard to loose our pets. I am sure she was a fun loving comfort to you and will be missed.

Meg, I am like you. Can only do one or two chores a day and I no longer stress about the rest. I figure there are 4 adults in this house, as well as a perfectly good 12 year old. I told them that if they matched the amount of chores that I did, such as 2 chores a day. Then this house should be clean. We are on day 4 of my eldest son not doing the kitchen since he was asked. Today I will tell him that he doesn't get to eat because the kitchen never got cleaned after asking him 4 days and the rest of us will go out to dinner! He may be slow on the uptake but when you take away his food...he will move mountains! :)

Dianne I am sending prayers up for you on your trip.

Aly I can't keep track of my coming and going so your just impossible to keep track of your time schedule! ;)

Ok this morning I got up and was making coffee. I pulled the coffee beans out the refrigerator and set them on the counter next to the grinder. I opened the top of the coffee maker and pulled out yesterdays grinds and cleaned up the coffee reseviour and such. I put in a new filter and plugged in the grinder. Then I turned because I needed to get the beans from the fridge, but I see an empty bag of chips on the other counter. So I pick that up and put it in the trash. I go to the fridge and cannot find the beans! I move things around and still cannot find them in the fridge. I looked around the kitchen and there they are by the coffee grinder! Then I remember I had already taken them out. Sheesh! So I grind the beans and put them in the coffee maker. I close the lid and push the button. I make sure that the button is pressed good because so many times I have gotten to this point and either forgot to push the button or didn't push hard enough. The jury is still out on that one. Seeing that the light was on I go about my morning routines with my lil one and getting her off to school. So about half hour later I am looking forward to a cup o joe. Hubby just returns from talking lil one to school. I told him there is coffee and we both walk into the kitchen. He has cup in hand and pushes it up against the coffee despener button...it dribbles out. What did I forget?

Ha! Joyce - I can totally sympathize. I have done both of those - forgotten water and forgotten to push the button.

Kimberly - I am so sorry to hear about your dog. They are such a precious part of our families. Prayers to you and your family.

And ladies, please do not misunderstand my previous post. I am not getting everything done and I can promise you I am not outlceaning anyone. Simply trying to keep the dirty dishes confined to the sink and not the counter and the stove.

Jouyce, I thinmk we all jhace the sane pronlem. I put some of it to age amd sone of it to just pure mentral distrtess. I thikn we aer just om overload!

Amd I must add Ladies; whem Limndasy and I wemt to the mall, I/we notived how onbese the women hjace become! I wuold jhace to sauy it was well ober 70% amd not just tjhe oldre women, ecven the yuomg 1s. Thjese yuomg girls who jhace to muffin top problem....is it bc tjhey r not as avtice with compuiters, cell pjhome amd sucjh? Aer they jiust mnot as avtice as we wre? It is sucj a sjhame to see tjhese yuong 1s with weihgt pronlems!

Kim, I'm so sorry that your dog passed away, at least she knew you were with her at the end. We don't want to let go do we, but we're still there for them. They become such a part of the family don't they?

Joyce, thanks for your saga of the coffeemaker... that's part of the reason I drink tea! Only a tea kettle to fill, just have to remember to put the kettle on the right burner of the stove! Since I replaced my stove last summer, I'm still turning on one burner, and sticking the pan on the other! They changed the layout of the knobs to the burners or something, so I always have to double check it! Pretty pathetic...

You wanna see obese people, there's some emails of photos taken at walm*** and its not just the fat, its the clothing that's even worse! We're definitely a nation that's been super-sized, and all the prepackaged and fast food and our busy lives are doing us in (and I'm saying that after I splurged on lunch today and went to KFC!). I never go out to lunch as a rule, so that was a treat, but imagine that some people eat that way for all their meals? We need more veggies in our diet, not more fried stuff.

Helemn, so treru! We wamt mnore 4 our $. Amnd if Michele Obama is listemimg, how to beart childhood obesittry: Make all the foosd that r good 4 u chjeaper amd raise rthe prives of tjhe junk food! I wuold locve to feed myu family a fersh friut salad b4 dinne or as dseerts bnut jave u priced friut 2day? It's mucjh cheaper to buy a bnag of chips!

Oh amnd Helen, I hjace seem that wenbsite! As Liz wuold sauy ROFLMAO! We hjace some ofd those pepole rihgt hjere in my town. Amnd here's a new term 4 duoble wides: 2 fat poeple waklimg side nby side downm an ailse! Dom't get mne wromg, I wsa 1 of thoes prople not too lomg ago! Thjat's thje only good tjhimg tjhat has come uot of me beign sick.

Last edited:
Oh anmd thjanks to evcery1 4 yuor thouhgts on my Pansy's passimg. This is uor 2nd pet deaht in liss thjan 6 mos. I hpoe thje yuomgre 1s dom't talke it too hard. Rihgt mow Chris, Limdasy's fiance is diggimg thje hole 4 me.

Yes it was water!..lol. I am getting distier as the day goes on!

As to the 'growing epidemic" in America. Yes I have noticed that for quite some time and although I am not one to talk because I have a wide backside from sitting so much....I use to be only 110 and under till I started getting weaker and weaker. Then the weight started piling on when I retired from coaching soccer and other sports and the family started being more responsible for getting us dinner. Now I only eat about once and rarely twice a day and the weight has been stable up and down 5 pounds for 2 years. I had decided that I would loose weight when I got back from mayo (I had gained 6 during that trip from eating out 2 times a day cause hubby needs to eat at least that much) and I have only lost the 6.

I think you had the right solution Kimberly, make good whole foods cheaper and junk food cost more! However I am not sure it will change the habit that todays culture is in..such as electronic age. I noticed some of the gaming companies are starting to incorperate movement to play their games now. Like virtual game exercise.

I prefer the old fashion exercise...like running, hiking, dirtbike riding, skiing...ect... but alas that is no longer an option for me. :(

Jouyce, I still walk 5 miles a day, use the stair master 4 30 min and the eliptical 4 anothre 30 min. (That's allk in my mind!) I lovce it whjem poeple come om and sauy thimgs like I ram 2 miles 2dauy anmd I was exjhausted. I wsa exjhausted just truyimg 2 pick up tjhe laptop from beimg on my lap!

im not hiding. im right here. silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back