Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
aly- i think its pretty clear that you need to rearrange your sleep schedule so you are always awake when we are here chatting. is that really asking too much?

Barry- i had a feeling you'd be around...

Liz, you are such a nut... and I love nuts, LOL.

Diane, wow--neat that you got to return to big girl panties. Yes, diapers are not exactly...anything other than necessary.

Guys, today is hospice aide day...hoping for a shower, and safe + confident hoisting! Oh--yes, I do hope to get my face washed, but it'll be my own fault if I don't remind her of that. <Breaking news...she just called and now I'm going to be a risk taker and not have my friend put me back in bed at noon. Hope this isn't stupid...>

Avril, dear heart, praying for you and your mum, and sending many hugs with love.

Helen, and Diane, hoping your houses (ranch, Diane) sell soon for the price you need to get.

Aly, it seems tornadoes and earthquakes are picking up in number. We're having storms here today, but not wind.

Barry and Peter, Hello to you and welcome.

Joni and Marta and all not mentioned by name, have a great day!

Good morning Ann and everybody! Another gorgeous day here in Northern Colorado. My ankle is much better. Still a little swollen and is a different color than the rest of my foot but not too bad.

I hope you get your beautiful face washed Ann! That'll feel so good. Good luck with the hoist! Tell her if she doesn't do it right that there is a short Coloradoan that will come and give her a rash of trouble on your behalf! ;)

Have a great morning Gents and Ladies!

Good morning! We have skipped right over Spring it appears. Looking for a high today of 89 degrees! Have to admit, after a long and wet winter, I am looking forward to it.:cool:

I hope everyone has a phenomenal day today. Back to chat more later.

Love and light!
Meg

Bouy I go away for 2 days ad have to read 5 pagfes to cathc up.

Avril, I'm so sorruy to hear anbout Mum. Prauying that tjhe antibioticvs kick im soon. And yuo aer a womderful dauhgter and I would be blessed if yuo were mine!

Joyve, beautiflu pics! Would bne a wonderful plave to visit nbut too cold for me. I asked yuo about tjhe biopsy bc the dr wamted ne to hace 1 dome but there was mot goig to be any paim relief! I wuold ne awake! No numbing, no nohting, not thakns! I womder wjy sone give and some dom't?

Hell on Whjeels, will taje me a whilke to remember that 1. Nive ride, beautiful lady amd cute dog too! I pray yuor house sells soon amd no more disappiontig open huoses. It took 9 mos to sell uor house in MD back durimg Desert Storm. It put a srtain on the marriage being separated tjhat lomg. Mot that we hjabe any marriage today.

Aly, gerat pics amd yuo look beautigul (as does yuor duahgter) but plesae tell me whjere yuo wat to lose nore wihgt from? Amd if there aer amy boobs left, I wuold like to put im for some. My sister who was a 40DD (she had berast cancer amd 1 was renoved) stood in lime whjem GOD was making her witjh a bucket for the boonb dept. Me, I nust hjave been standimg in lime with a thinble bc I don't jave any! Amd agter 6 nursimg babies rally dom't have any! Sorry guys, TMI!

Liz, I wamt to go undrwrear shoppimg! I usually wear the H anes cottom panties, but now that I am dowmto a size 4/6 I wamt to feel prettier (mmau not look prettire but wamt to feel prettire). Mayne whem I head nack to Colunmbia Sat. I wikl bnuy some!

Ann, I nbet yuo fel really good agter gettimg yuor face amd hair washjed! Ame yes please ne careful with watre amd elecvtromics! Dom't wamt to jhear yuo fried yuor computer or yuorself! I hope hospiive is workimg uot netter today.

Marta, No moer fallimg! NBut it suomds wonderful thjat yuo hace soneome strog to help yuo up. I am glad Brad is tjhere for yuo.

Joni, I anm glad yuo aer back safe anmd sound. I see Liz gace yuo the tongue lashimg!

Dianne, Wjhen yuo go on yuor trip will syuo still hjace access to us? Just to let us kmnow how thje trip is goig? My prauyers will ne with yuo as yuo intern yuor mother's ashjes.

Amd Meg, yuo aer quiet? Is evberything okay?

Amd to my guys,

Kim, How is thje visit with the gramnds going? HJave thjey worn yuo out yet?

Al, How is yuor wife doimg? Just a few nmore days befoer hjer visit with docs. Am prayuing everythimg goes well.

Amd Barry. Liquor ingested anohter way. Mayne tjhat's the wauy I shuold drimk!

oh my! I missed a couple days and there is so much to catch up on!

My memory is so bad on names and who said what but I have read through everything and so much going on!

I think it was Peter from NZ who said they were having tornadoes? Well either way whoever it was I hope your all safe and they are not disasterous for anyone.

Avril I have pray that your mom is doing better.

Diane..congrates on the make over! Always feels good to get all gussied up and pretty.

Kim...whether they put you out or not depends on your health issues. Such as if you have copd it is most likely too high of a risk to put you out. I am over weight and carry most of my weight in my upper thigh and hip region. The cut was pretty deep. If they are removing from an area where there is not much fat then I could imagine it not as risky. I was also under the impression when I read about it, that I would be awake for the proceedure. But the surgeon said no way! Then the fact he shot it with novicaine was because I am alergic to morphine and demeral. He thought I would have more problems with pain than I did. It really wasn't bad. I have had much worse in the 10 surgerys I have had in my lifetime.

Ann...good luck with your bath and hoistings today! Maybe so you get your face washed without telling her...you can leave a little breakfast on your chin? Just a suggestion. :-D

Ok...I used a cheat for names this time. I opened another window and looked switched between the two to figure out who was what. And although I didn't verify the Peter post from Nz I am pretty confident that is what I saw. If not you all have permission to take me out back and flog me!

Doing well here! We had our first rain of the season that didn't turn to snow yesterday. The grass is loving it and starting to show green shoots! Pussy willows are blooming and the dreaded fireweed is poking through the soil by about an inch! Fireweed tells us when winter is coming. It shoots up these long stalks that grow about 3 feet then they get these beautiful purple/lavender flowers. Then as the flowers die out from the bottom up...they are replaced with fuzzies that will all blow off with the breeze and fill the air with fuzzies (their seeds). They are much like a sparkler firework. Then when the last of the flowers have died we have 6 weeks before the first snow. So legend tells it...but no one around here has really noted it. But it seems to be very accurate!

ok we will see if this goes to moderator as it has officially taken me a half hour to type it!

Morning everyone. And no I won't change my already atrocious sleeping patterns, for you Liz! I have woken up with a booming headache. Time to hit the meds :)

Nice to hear from you Kimberly, was wondering where you had gone to. What's tha fascination in USA with big boobs? They are yuck. Some Drs do muscle biopsies with a big needle, so it's more like a punch biopsy. They cant really use much local, because it can damage the results. Joyce and I had open biopsies. I had to beg for sedation, they got an ER anesthetist to pop up and do it, but with muscle issues they do not like to give sedation. Most don't do ga, as it is way to risky for a diagnostic procedure. Check and see if it's just a needle, then it would be fine. They don't hurt after, I didn't need pain relief and I had21 stitches, just on the surface, heaps more in the muscle.

Oh dear breaking the no health crap rules again!

Ann why don't you create a check list of body parts. A good nurse always starts at the face! Imagine bottom then face ewww.

Love to everyone
Aly

You know..sometimes I type things that come out so wrongly! Being on the internet and typing out things is sometimes worse when I am talking to someone. Because you cannot see or hear the way I am saying something and thus it can be misconstude. I want to appologies to any one of you that I might have offended in the past or future when something doesn't sound right. I forget many times while I am here in the Tea room that there is so much struggle in daily lives that many are going through. So when I tease someone as trying to be funny or lighten a situation up...here it could be misconstude as being rude or insensitive. That I am sorry for. Please forgive me.

I have reread my above post and it came off rather rude what I said to Ann. I have pm'ed her my appologies but I feel it necessary to appologies to all of you dear people that I could have offended by the trying to be funny. I certainly didn't mean it to come off as being rude when I typed it but coming back to it I see that it looks that way. I would never want to hurt any of you with my words. Please forgive me if I ever do.

It seems that I have been having cognitive changes that are effecting my personality of late. My hubby was the first to point it out. Saying that I am becoming really "rude" at times and more confused about things than usual. Also am not finishing jobs and forgetting names of people but I reconize them. I wonder if it has anything to do with the changes they found in my head mri in the front lobe or if it has to do with being on balcofen? I will be discussing this with my doc. In the meantime I might just not post so much to make sure I do not hurt anyone. Your all so precious!

Sweet Joyce, I just opened the PM and replied--this is the first time reading your post, and there was absolutely no need whatsoever to worry. I suggest we all agree we're here to have fun together, and take whatever is said as fun--which isn't hard at all since I've never questioned a thing.

Good timing, and my face was, indeed first--I just asked her to be sure and wash it. It still doesn't feel clean--personally, I'm a "scrubber", not a "dabber" when I shower. My face has been dabbed somewhat clean, so Joyce, next time, I'll start by wearing egg on this face!:mrgreen:

Lots of love,
Ann

Thank you Ann! Not only did your response bring tears to my eyes but a joy to my heart and a smile on my face! I am so messed up lately with crying and laughing! Thank you dear friend!

Diane how sweet to place your mom's ashes next to your dad's, I am sure she would like that...i have been to a couple of races, take you some earplugs just in case. Sounds like you have a wonderful man to do things with! Have fun! Peter what can I say..us womnan love to talk..haha Aly I hope they comne no where around you..Be safe!

Helen I need to let you do my shopping, you sound like my kind of woman!

Joyce, I am having some memory issues also - This morning when the aide asked if I had enough time in the shower (after we finish I sit on the shower bench with water on me while she makes my bed), I told her she hadn't washed my hair yet. She said she had, and I just forgot. She said she would do it again if I didn't believe her - I said "no need" I trusted her. Now I find myself wondering what else I am forgetting. I sure hope I remember to take my mom's ashes back for internment! :) After all that is the purpose for the trip.

I find myself laughing and then crying a lot more lately but I think it is natural to have mood shifts as I prepare for another memorial service and having my aunts and cousins there. Good memories and sad thoughts of what is no more.

As for remembering names - that isn't a problem, but I am using wrong words more frequently. The other night I asked Tim to "turn off the buttons" -- I meant "open my blouse." :)

So we are all a little crazy -- maybe it is the tea we drink together!?

Diane, is this word confusion and forgetfulness at any time, or when you're tired (come to think of it, Geritol might be on my next list--tired most of the time!). And my eyes "run"...I mean by that, there is no boo hooing, but tears run down from the corners of my eyes at the slightest sadness. The rest of the time, I generally am smiling or joking.

Don't forget your mother's ashes, Diane!

Diane I can relate! I have asked my son who is autistic, if he took his meds. He will come down to the kitchen and take them while I am in there making coffee. Then I see him go upstairs and I ask him if he took his meds! He says..."yes mom! You were standing right there when I took them!" It seems to be hard enough to remember what I am doing during a task let alone have to worry about what someone else is doing or not doing!

Ann I also do that. Tears come dribbling down when even the hint of something emotional (no matter how small or big) and I cannot stop them. But I also get the tears when I laugh now.

Maybe someone has spiked the tea pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back