Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
I can't tell y'all how relieved I am that my SIL is up from FLA! I think she gets it now, since he stayed with her for a week without me, last year.

She picked him up today and took him to their father's house.

My husband and I have had some very difficult times, lately. Our son suffers, for it!

I keep expecting my husband to call out for something!

Enjoy your time off!

Thank you, Barry. I hate to think of it as "time off." But, my husband is becoming a bit "difficult." I don't know if he has dementia (beginning) or is just an *******! LOL He already has EL and that ain't fun with a kid!

Tomorrow I will wake up, send the boy off to school and go shopping (and spend no money)?

CJ I'm glad you are getting a little break. You deserve it. I admire and respect you--have read so much of what you have written over the years and you are one of the heroes.
Laurel

Enjoy your little rest! Spoil yourself! Do what you want! You deserve it!

CJ, Have a restful, relaxing time. I'm so glad your in-laws are beginning to understand and be helpful.

So glad help has come and you can have much deserved relief. You are to be commended.

CJ~
Enjoy you time "off" and do some things for yourself. You deserve it! Give yourself the rest and pampering you deserve~
In friendship
Jeannie

I can imagine it feels wierd. I am normally on call for my dad when I am home from school till I go to bed mom is there for him all the other times.
Not having him there to need you is probably a relief but in a wierd way a stresser. Because you don't know how he is being cared for out of your presence. I am sure your SIL is doing the best for him so try not to stress.
Mom, Dad and I have long ago decided to try to find one thing every day to laugh about. Whatever it is, whenever even if it dosn't seem appropriate. The other day watching the news (there was a recent election in canada) my grandmother piped up with "Oh that ass hole!~" this of course coming from an 85 year young little old bitty. Well I have never laughed that hard in my life.
I know life gets crazy and stressful when dealing with this disease and that children and somtimes even pets get ignored, or caught up in the argument but Finding somthing to leaugh about every day has made our lives a little easier to cope. You can't stress when thinking of your 85 year old grandmother marching into parliment with her cane swinging at politicians... I don't care who you are LOL.

Enjoy your respite while it lasts, you deserve it and need it. It's hard for us to put our needs before our PAL so while you can do what you need to do for yourself!

CJ,

Enjoy and indulge! Eat some chocolate, too!

CJ,
Very happy you are getting a break.

So, I didn't go shopping, but after my son went to school, I went back to bed! Got up around noon and piddled around in my PJs! (no-I didn't pee myself! LOL)

I drank some coffee and ate some Reese's Pieces, so I did get some chocolate in, Kim. I made a grocery list and fully intended to go to the store, but I decided to read a piano studio contract for lessons for the boy. (Right up your alley, Kim.) He is interested in learning to play and initiated this by visiting with the woman, without my knowledge, to inquire about lessons. So, he will take summer lessons and we'll see how it goes. I will not force him to play, as I hated that as a child!

It felt good today just to not have to "hurry up and wait!" :)

While I won't deny that I am COMPLETELY ENVIOUS, I am so glad you are getting a break. It was much needed and well deserved.

I can only say that with EL it's hard to remember not to respond to what spews forth! He goes from laughing inappropriately to ANGER, with no warning. It's come to a very bad point the last several nights. For some reason he feels he needs to be "put" to bed at the same time I try to get my son to bed, lately! Of course, I have to take care of my son, as my husband can wait! I have to admit I've behaved badly in response. My husband doesn't seem to understand the mental fatigue, let alone physical fatigue of taking care of him and our 10 yr old, blah, blah, blah. I ain't no spring chicken.

I'm grateful for the help!

CJ....Breathe....use this time to love on your son! You deserve the break. The anger is so emotionally exhausting that you are experiencing. I am so glad that your SIL is taking him to give you a break. Thinking of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back