Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann, I bet you were the hostess with the "mostest"... sit back and enjoy NOT having to do that. I know when I was pregnant with #3, I had to have surgery when I was 22 weeks prego, and we hired a house cleaner to clean my little house (not the big one I'm in, but one half that size). I kept feeling like I had to go and pick everything up before she got there! It was really hard not to do. Even now, I keep saying "I'll get that..." and start to go, and realize I should let others go, its much quicker!

Avril, my thoughts are with you and your Mum, hoping she's feeling better soon! Was she so ill when she went there, or did she get sick there? It's so hard to know what the right thing to do is... but follow your instincts, we have them for a reason.

Liz, I usually buy online at that store, because the coupons they send me are always for 15%, and I can almost always find the coupon code for 30% online! Add the free shipping, and the K cash for every $50, I usually do well. I have to say that buying underwear and shoes are my least favorite thing to spend my money on, even before I had issues with my legs. Now, forget about it!

Aly, how is the weather tomorrow? :)

Love you all, I enjoy talking to you so much!

Liz, I heard you talking about underwear and was going to comment but my comments would most surely not survive moderation review so I'll just say "I'm so glad that your old friend gave you a discount!"

Aly, beautiful daughter and beautiful mom!

Avril, all the best wishes for your mom. I hope she bounces back.

Ann, Marta and Helen, just want to say hello, so Hello!

Some of us do sleep, remember you are half way through yesterday before I arise and get into your tomorrow........wow that's confusing. It also takes me half an hour to catch up on what everyones up to.

So I am having my coffee and tub of yoghurt, while getting my body to get itself together.

Hellon wheels, love the new name, and love the Avatar.Helen I can assure you that losing weight will in no way help your walking. You are just not that overweight. I had the same thought. If I dropped 45 lbs then surely I will get up the hill and stairs easier, but after losing 26 lbs so far, I am worse than ever. It's not the blubber, it's the nerves! It didn't stop me falling up the stairs twice yesterday :)

Avril, I just adore you. I hope my daughters turn out as wonderful as you.

Mart, be careful and let your ankle heal

Barry, I thought I must have killed you, with too much whiskey in the cupcakes! Been feeling very guilty.

Going to drink my coffee, and I just dropped my iPad, glad I did not have to start all over again

I must have over-posted today or something, my last one went to moderation yet again... I'll wait awhile to see if it pops up, but did want to tell Avril that I'm thinking of you, and hope your Mum and you continue to have strength.

Barry, good to hear from you again, glad Aly didn't pour too much whiskey down the tube for you! But what a way to go... :)

Off to the bank and deposit my last month's paltry check... :( need to get more work and less chatter done I guess!

Hi Barry! Will do Dear Helen!

Avril, what antibiotics do they have your Mom on? I throw up and have high fever due to being allergic when I take certain antibiotics. Could your Mom be allergic to something?

I have you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Liz, don't know the store but the underwear purchases sound great. I buy the stuff only when it's worn out...but that's too much information. The hospice is only a 10 minute walk or few minutes drive from my mums house-so whilst I am doing some sleeping & catch up, I'm able to get along to her easily. Marta they had your thought too about allergies, though she had been on the same antibiotic last year for a peg infection with no bad side effects. They have moved her onto an iv antibiotic, stopped her peg feeds & swapped it for saline drip over the next 16 hours. When I left her tonight the fever was down & she was looking a bit better. Changes had been happening before she went in but basically the infection came on her while she was in there. In fact I think they caught it at early stages.

Thanks for all the support. You're great friends. I'm so glad you're in my corner.

And Aly you definitely made me chuckle there. Rest assured, Barry's made of stern stuff. A little whiskey isn't going to finish him off. But you've got to stop that falling lark. We don't want you to hurt yourself and you might not want hubby to shorten his time away again! I've lost the plot totally about what time it is with you but since it's my night it's probably your day and my tomorrow already over there.

Has anyone seen the survey that Howdy put together? I put together a pdf file of the info, and reformatted it so it reads much better. If you're interested in the file (I did post it but it's in moderation right now, and rightly so, it's a pdf file!) let me know and I'll email it out.

Well, here I am - pedicured, manicured, and new haircut! Whew, you would think I climbed a mountain, I'm beat -- but classy looking! LOL Next comes resting.

Ann, I understand how difficult it is to let go of ""hosting" - I am not too enthused for the arrival of B&B guests in a few weeks. Time to let other people do the hostessing while you and I play guest. :) By the time the NASCAR race is finished on the 15th I will no doubt need a quiet day of rest before starting our trip back home.

Arvil, I am praying for you and your mum. You are a wonderful daughter and I know your mum knows it!

Liz, I shop at that store - mostly on line these days. For several months I was wearing Depends because of no bladder control. Then the doctor changed my blood pressure meds and Rxed a new med to help with the sudden urges. Now I am wearing big girl panties again and had a buying spree when the pills kicked in. They do make a difference in how girlish one feels! :)

Helen, no house bites here either... I have mixed emotions about it. I am trying hard to not worry and let God handle this one.. not easy but I am trying.

Enough chatter - fingers are tired and mouth is dry....

Marta I'm sorry about your fall, glad the hubby could help.Stay off that ankle, and icepack!Oh and I'm glad you liked the new doctor, that is always the best trying to find one that has compassion...Avril you are one strong lady, with such a kind heart. I sure hope your mum feels better, let us know ok.. Helen or hell on wheels.haha love your new wheels! Good picture too! Kim I like the honey dijon too!

Diane where aare you going?to a race? I bet your hair looks good, so glad you got a little pampering. Cleaned 3 houses today, 2 thurs, 3 more friday. I want a massage and some pampering. My body is tired. ok I will quit complaining now, and Liz, I want some new undies too!

Wow,
Miss one day and have pages to catch up on. You girls certainly chat :lol:
Tornadoes are everywhere. NZ was hit yesterday. Different area than the earthquake though.

Cheers
Peter

Joni, we are going to drive to PA and inter my mom's ashes next to my dad and then to Delaware for the race on the 15th. (Tim's bucket list - not mine!)! I never even watched a race on TV till I met him - and he thinks I haven't lived till I see one "live and in person" so this worked out with our travel plans. He got us handicap seating , wheelchair accessible above the pits. ? Says the seats are "primo" for viewing the whole track and near the restrooms (for me)! :)

Dianne, sounds like lots of fun, and noise. You will have to flash your fingers and toes at passer bys.

Yep a tornado, that was the size of a flea compared to the USA. Was the first death in NZ from a tornado. It ripped through a parking lot.

Diane- those seats sound terrific! Rite above the Pits? man o man- you will see it all from there! Lucky lucky lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back