Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh 36 D.....got plenty to share around.

Ok LIZ, no talk politics.

I would like to interject at this time, that I've found a very nice tasting potato chip - Kettle Brand Honey Dijon! Simply delightful on the pallet!

Hmm...Kettle Brand Honey Dijon, eh? I'll have to look for them Zaphoon! Sounds interesting! :)

Ann, we really like the new neuro! I found out after our appointment that he has MS which would explain his passion and gentleness although I think he's that way inherently. He ordered another EMG because he wants someone he knows and trusts to do and read it. We really felt comfortable with him. He genuinely cares which is refreshing.

Aly, you and your daughter are stunning! I'd like a little if you can spare it! LOL!

What busy chatty tea drinkers you all are. It's taken me several pages to catch up. You're right Kim, I've been too quiet! I just love the photos ladies. Alaska looks like a slice of heaven. The scooter is smashing in go faster red and Aly you do look good. Why are we ladies always so hard on ourselves? And Ann, I have no doubt your hair is looking gorgeous even if you can't see it....have you tried a small hand held mirror. My mum has great hair so I do a little acrobatics with a little mirror so she can see it a bit when it's been washed.

Speaking of my darling mum. She's still on her little holiday in the hospice-went on course of antibiotics yesterday for aspirate and bladder infection. They are on high alert over her coughing & swallow. Had a nurse a few days back who was freaking out about it and how distressing it is. (Welcome to our world I thought) This did not help either mum or I stay calm. Calm has returned since then thank God. Consultant has told us that she will most likely die through aspiration and though it's horrible what is the point in making a huge drama out of it. She copes so much better when I just say quietly to her this is what's happening but let's not worry about it too much. Whilst on one level nothing about this is ok, this is what we've been given to live right now and strangely there can be times of peace within it, as well as all the pain and heartache. Enough rambling on my part.

Helen, so sorry the sale of your place is such hard work. Dianne, where's the next holiday spot? Your doors gave me a chuckle. Oh yeah and is bama off to the taxidermist? Zaphoon, don't know how you picked that name but I love it, always want to call you Zaph though...saw that flavour in the shops and wondered. Now I might just have to try it.

Off for that morning cuppa. Hugs to each one.

Avril- I am sending you the biggest hug that i can muster up and then 27 more of them.
Wish I could truly help, my dear and I am sorry.
much love to you and your sweet, oh so very cute mum.

Thanks Avril, nothing in life worth doing is easy though, so I can just add selling my house to that list. This house is just waiting for the right buyer to come along and buy it, not someone who comes in and sniffs "oh, we need to replace all those old windows..." I want someone to come in and say, "look at all those beautiful old wavy glass windows, and they're in such good shape!" People want old houses, but they want everything replaced, so what's the point?

Aly, congrats on graduating another daughter, you both look beautiful! Enough about the weight stuff, look at my pic on the scooter, I was 116 lbs when I graduated high school (I'm 5'8"), and 125 lbs. when I got married at age 32. Now I'm around 180! And the doctors tell me NOT to lose weight? I'd probably find it easier to walk if I did, but between the thyroid issue, and this ALS crap, its hard to lose it. Oh, and I never had much in the chest 'til I gained all this weight (and had 3 kids), and I'd give it all back in a minute!

Anyway, it's overcast here as I'm drinking my morning tea and reading through various posts, trying to get caught up... I'm trying to remember to start "friending" people here, so if I haven't yet, won't you be my friend? :)

I haven't seen Barry or Peter on this thread for a while, where are you guys? Tired of the girly talk? Come on, we need some guys talking guy stuff every now and then!

Ok, I just changed my profile picture, but not sure why the old one wasn't posting anyway... so here's a test run of the new one (I hope!)

My Mom is here to help, better get off the computer, have a great day everyone!

Helen (Hell on Wheels)

Ok, not liking my logo there... trying to get my profile pic to load, but don't know why it doesn't? Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Funny thing, the avatar inserted itself into all my old posts, and I turned it off, but it's still there...

Thanks all!

Helen

I like the new logo Helen! But whatever you're comfortable with I'll like.

Avril, your strength amazes me. I want to be strong like you and your Mom. Sending good and loving thoughts your way.

Not a smooth morning for me but I'm changing that. I took a little spill when I was trying to hang something up in the closet and my ankle caved! It's a little puffy now but hurt my feelings more than anything else. I was a pathetic sight sitting on the floor trying not to cry when Brad found me. He picked me up and gave me a hug and I was off again to conquer the world. Well, Northern Colorado anyway. :)

I was supposed to take my car in for service but rescheduled that. I think I'll just go home for lunch and be quiet today and put on all the stuff I forgot to put on before leaving for work. I guess I got flustered with the spill and forgot my watch and hearing aid so I don't know what time it is when I look at my arm and I can't hear worth beans. Little frustrations and pretty funny when I play it back in my mind.

Liz, you're full of pee and vinigar as per usual! Love it! I hope you and yours are doing well this gorgeous morning. Supposed to be about 70 today which is perfect in my book.

Love,
Marta

Helen, go to "User CP" on blue bar above, then to "edit avatar" and read the whole page before clicking anything. I realize you may already have done this--but it's all I know to say. If my brain holds the thought I'll gladly send you a friend request.

Avril, I'm so sorry for the situation now regarding your mum. I think you're doing a super job in helping her--just perfect comfort in your words to her, and I know she must feel incredibly blessed.

Marta, I'm so glad your Neuro is compassionate. After a point, that quality is all they can do for us. And having experience in a Neuro disorder personally would have such an impact. Down the road, I know you'll always treasure him. I've had two doctors with great compassion, and I've flown to them over the years when I felt desperate, experiencing the lack of care from my other doctors.

Your post just arrived--oh, Sweetie, so sorry for your fall and hurt ankle. I am glad Brad is big and strong and so huggable. I hope you get rested and calm and know peace...

Aly, your daughter is lovely, indeed. And she looks a lot like you...and you do NOT look fat.

Thanks Ann, I'm okay. I just need to be more careful. My upper body can turn but the lower half stays put. I wasn't thinking. I havn't fallen in about 6 months so do get a little over confident. My bad. I'm already peaceful so don't worry about that! :)

I know the new neuro is limited as to what he can do for us but I feel good that he's there and close by and does care. We were feeling a bit abandoned after the diagnosis. ALSA seems to be very proactive and I'm sure will be more helpful than anyone else can outside the family. I'm so glad they're there.

How are you doing this morning Ann?

Marta, I do exactly the same thing to myself, I forget that the bottom half doesn't want to listen to me, and my left ankle collapses on me... I now do the "furniture walk" or use the cane almost all the time inside the house. I generally put on my brace only when I'm leaving, as it doesn't allow me to move my ankle at all, and I like to keep it moving – as long as I can anyway!

Went for a walk with my Mom (who's 84) and my dog, with me in the scooter... she's amazing, and always brightens my day. I'm going to post a photo from Easter of my daughter, myself and my Mom... I color my hair but she doesn't color hers!

Helen, bravo, photo up and looking good. Looking forward to seeing the photo of your mom & daughter. Helen, that glass sounds beautiful. Liz, Marta, Ann, thanks so much for the support. Sadly mum is worse today. Has had bouts of vomiting & fever. Hospice have moved on to stronger intravenous antibiotics & various meds. I don't know how this will go. She may bounce back yet.

Ann, is it getting any easier with the hospice people? Marta, sorry to hear of your fall. Brad sounds wonderful. I'm glad he's there. Bye for now

Avril, so sorry your mum's trouble is increasing. I pray peace for both of you.

Hospice aide comes Wednesday and Friday; I'm going to not stay up waiting this week, but have her hoist me from bed--that alone will help me a lot. On Thursdays the RN comes, and she told me to go back to bed and she'll just come to me. I've had a hard time really transitioning out of "hostess mode", can you tell? In any case, I haven't seen them since the news you read last week.

Last edited:
Avril- are you there with your mum or are you getting some much needed rest? i would imagine this is a time of reflection for you. enjoy those memories. maybe try to find a nice and quiet area, somewhere where you can see the beauty of your country, and let all the memories flow over you...
When you do see your mum, please give her one of my forehead kisses and tell her she is loved, as are you!

Marta- so sorry about the spill, but glad to hear you have a strappin man to help you up... you could have a little fun with that... we will leave it at that.

Ann- Hello my friend. Heard you got a haircut. bet you look terrific. i know when i chop all my hair, my head and neck feel so much lighter. this may not be the case given your circumstances, but if so- Yay.
I hope the Hospice aides work out for you. Are you telling them that they arent doing things correctly? its ok to cause a fuss- youve more than earned that.

Helen- or should i say "hell on wheels"- love the avatar and the scooter. Glad youre having a good time with your mom.

I went to Kohls today. Ended up having me an underwear day. think i bought 10 pairs of new ones and 3 extremely comfy bras. Sorry boys, prolly not a good time for you to be peekin in here... Anyway- all on sale. I get up to the check out and recognize an older guy that i used to work with when i worked there 8 years ago. Well he hooked me up with MASSIVE savings. Bless his heart. Think i owe him lunch!

this afternoon after i pick up my daughter, i have to run and do wedding stuff with my friend. Im the maid of honor in her July wedding. dont know if im excited yet or not- i mean i am starting to get a little more girly, but i dont know how well i can pull this off... wish me luck!

wheres aly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back