Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aly, yes a good scream is needed once in a while. And you scream so beautifully I might add!;)

Joyce, oh what a treat to see your photos, they are beautiful. Reminds me of central Otago in winter. What a lovely country you live in, but "cold".

Our posts are crisscross crossing :)

Joyce, the pictures are glorious. Your profession is obvious! You really are GOOD.

Aly, when Frances walked into my room she said, "Osama's been killed" and I immediately thought it was someone else... Not funny at all, but very weird.

Toss those clothes you'll never again fit in, dear girl. Or save a couple of really good pieces as a reminder of how well you've done. And enjoy having pictures taken! I wondered how having the children leave would affect you, Aly. Hope you bounce back soon

Diane, glad your visit with T and grandchildren went well, and the dog is safely out of the house for your trip! Dogs and chewing...I also have some memories. My grandmother made a set of hooked rugs for each of us... and one of the dogs began her two year outdoor duty by eating off an edge of a round rug. Funny, when she outgrew the chewing and returned inside, I never had to call her name twice, lol. We had a strip of doggie motels and runs way behind the house, where later Phil built his workshop.

Joyce, beautiful, beautiful --- Now, since Tim spent 23 years in Alaska, I had him view the photos. He lived in Willow and thinks those are the Chugach Mountains. Is he close to being right? :) Diane

Ann you always know my triggers, how come you know them better than me? You are right, that must have been why I was paralysed on the couch all day. You know, it had not even occured to me, that it was the empty house. You are so clever.

Thank you.

I will keep my size 20 jeans (18 US size), and feel pleased with myself.

Spectacular pics Joyce! Thanks for sharing! Can I come live with you? ;) JK (not really)

Aly, I truly understand. Pillows are good for screaming!

Ann, I'll bet your hair looks great and feels so much better! I don't have very much hair but getting it cut always feels so good.

Going to see a new neuro this afternoon that's closer to home. I hope we like him! I'll let you know.

Joyce, that photos are gorgeous! I just showed them to one of my sons...

Al, I think my posts are getting kicked over to you when I try to tell someone of a product that I've been using for years (to help control pain and swelling), but I'm not sure if that's the reason. I haven't checked recently, but I don't think my last post (on another thread) ever appeared. Or maybe 'cause I sometimes get on a roll and post too much? This is my "go to" part of the forum, it always lifts my spirits!

And on that note, I hope all you ladies are enjoying your tea today! :)

Helen

David's been doing the moderating. I sneak in and do them when I come on. Just the luck of the draw and timing whether it is done sooner or later.

AL.

Joyce, beautiful, beautiful --- Now, since Tim spent 23 years in Alaska, I had him view the photos. He lived in Willow and thinks those are the Chugach Mountains. Is he close to being right? :) Diane

Yes, the ones from my deck are the Chugiak range.

I hope to post more in my album in the next couple days. I just have to make them web friendly to post here.:-D

Joyce, I'd live there in a minute if they didn't get so much snow! They're amazing photos... wish I had a room with a better view! Oh well, I do have a pretty street, and lots of gardens to look (and see what needs to be done unfortunately)

Aly, I know what you mean about the empty house... I b**ch and moan about the noise and clutter and where the heck did this go, when everyone's around, and don't know what to do with myself when I find myself home alone! Right now there are 7 people, a dog, 2 cats, a parakeet and a turtle living here, and they all generate noise (the turtle doesn't, but that pump drives me nuts sometimes!) and mess. And don't even get me going about having to clean that bathtub before I can use it!

Do something for yourself, and enjoy the peace while you have it, you KNOW everyone's gonna come back soon and be bugging you! :)

Good point. I do love to go shopping.......but that's dangerous!
I am in my new dress, dyed my hair chocolate ( usually blondish), about to put makeup on, then off to the long boring graduation ceremony. I will be the proud mum, and the bored mum:)

Pity your open day didn't go too well Helen. Nothing worse than having a house on the market. Well you know what I mean........

I am sick of this Ben laden crap. Nothing but that on the news.

Last week, royal wedding, this week royal pain in the terrorist butt!

Hey, this is a picture of me on my new red wheels ("Hel* on Wheels") with my dog Moka... she's hard to see being almost completely black – wouldn't know her mom's a Golden Retriever! (Who messed around with a black German Shepherd).

Have to take Matt to karate soon, but at least that's quicker than a graduation! You're a good Mom, Aly!

Of course it helps if I actually post the photo, trying again to remember...

Attachments

• Helen on Wheels w-Moka.jpg
    Helen on Wheels w-Moka.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 128
Looking good, Helen! So is Moka, lol. I'm glad you have wheels, whew. Great--red wheels with a black dog is so stylish.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back