Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
JONI, JONI, JONI, I'm glad you're ok, and none of us would have been worried but for all the tornadoes in your area! Better to think that you're off having fun, and not dealing with all that destruction!

AKMom, I love your description of the lake and the mountains... can you post a photo sometime? I'd like to show it to my sons.

Aly, what's wrong? I want to type Homer's saying, but don't know how to spell it... From your last post, seems like all is quiet again in your household. Sometimes it gets too quiet. Not too often around here, as I have lots of people around as well.

My Open House was a flop, only 2 people came... the house is too big for one (did she not read that it's 3200sqft?); needs too much work for the other (no, everything was not replaced last year, but everything is in good condition, looks good, and works). Its funny; people love the "character" of old houses, yet expect all brand new windows, perfect everything... I will never replace my wavy glass windows unless they break, they're gorgeous and have storms and screens! Oh, and if everything WAS perfect, it would be on the market for more than 100K more than it is! Ok, my rant is over, thank you for reading.

Need to get one son off to school, the other is home sick (and this time he actually has a cold)...

Ok you guys. I know this may not be appropriate to post. and especially here, but im going to anyway. we will see if it goes to moderation or not.
We (the US) found and killed Osama bin Landen yesterday. Now i normally wouldnt celebrate someones death, but given the circumstances of this one, I will be having pie! Im over joyed and its about time. i will let you all feel about how you will and i wont say anymore how i feel.

I'm with you Liz, I think it's wrong to celebrate anyone's death, but I'm certainly relieved that he's done with. And I'm glad that they recovered his body (I heard he was buried at sea which was probably too good for him) so they can't make a shrine at his burial site. All I can say is that if one of our leaders was killed by his group, you KNOW they wouldn't be respectful of his remains, but would be posting additional atrocities online for the world to see.

Ok Aly ..what ? we are listening sweetie.

Good morning all y'all! Liz, Yeah, I'm glad bin Laden is gone but it may make things worse for awhile. Hang on to your hats!

What's going on with Ms. Aly? Hmm?

Joni! Did you take some pictures that we can see? Glad you're back safe and sound. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Beautiful sprrrrrring day here! Thinking of ya!

Good Mormning Ladies, Limdsay and I aer on uor way to Columnbia to get uoer dresses altered. I hjacen't qiute figured out wjhy mine nededs to be let out im the bnack (the top) yuet takem exrtemely in in the buist area! I meanm I know I hjavenm't lost amy weihgt, nbut to get fatback amd no boobs is juist unfair.

Joni, I am glad uou aer back safe and soumd and I forfgive uou this time for not letting us kow whjere yuo were!

Helen, thanks for the daquiri. It wemt down smoothlky. Glkad the dungfeon duty is ocer! And I nkow what you mean about peolpe wamtimg old and new at the same time. Our plastre walls hjave vracks which you fix and fix and fic again. My Dad sauuys it gives it cjharactre. BNut then they lookl at it like it's horribnle. Well, thjen go buy new! Just remembver it onmly takles 1 persom to buy yuor house. Amd they will cone alonmg soon.

Avril, you'er quiet actrross the pomd. How is Mum doing? And You?

Ann, I hope hospivce came and thimngs workled out a little better for yuo.

Liz, My Dad anmd I were just taklimg about that last night. I hjad read thje news onlime and saw wjhere N A T O hjad killed Gadaffi's son amd grandchjildrenm but missde him. I thouhgt mayne we should semd N A T O im since thjey seemde to get tjhe jonb (not qiute) dome a little fsater thanm we hjabve been diong. I will nbe homest, I wish all of the fihgtimg wuold stgop everywhjere....I just wamt peace. Irt would be nive to opem uo the paper amd see ecveryome gettimg alomg for once.

Joyce, uou meed to telkl me how the boipsy went how it wsa dome and such, becuase 1 dr wamted to do 1 amd of course I cane home and G * * G.... it amd was like OH NO!

Aly, it is nice to ne alome once im a while; but tjen wjhen yuor mind srtarts thinkimg too much wjhacth out.

And Marta, you always seem so chipper. You aer very upliftimg, yuo remind me of Ann, always smiling! I love that.

There is a lot going on in everyone's life! Aly, you okay? Joni, it's just so very good to see you here today. I'm sorry about Bama dog's bad behavior.

Hospice people come Wed-Friday. Those two days the Aide comes, with the RN on Thursday. Phil gave me a great shower/shampoo yesterday, and everyone, including my friends who do caregiving, have been commenting on how my hair is TOO long. And I always invite them to cut it. Well, today my buddy Frances took my haircutting scissors and took a good 6-8 inches off, and it still twists up on top of my head, but is lots quicker to fool with. I think that's wonderful!

She's back with washed laundry. Ah....

Ann, Oh I nbet you feel hunam again! There is nothimg like having cleam hair! Nmext time yuo havce to donate uyor hair. My chilrden hace been doing this for years. Even my yuongest son let his hgair grow real long amd donated it. His cousin vcame dowm withj a strange cancer amd he did it fotr her. My 2 girls hjave beautiful red jhair, amd we foumd out wjhen you domtate it thjey dye it. Thje thouhgt of them dyinmg their bneautiful red jhair upset me.

Joni, I guiess uou learmed an expemsive lessom. Hope uou cam hide it from Hubby! Who wamted thje dog anywau? My somn had a puppy thjat ate the trimn off my walls imn the butler's pantry. Amnd thjen shje ate the plasticv criss-croesses out of tjhe baby gfate. Latrer I foumd jher poop wioth thjese giantr (whjat I thouhgt) worms inme it! I lauhged latre nbut thouhgt how cuold thjant little thimg eat so muhc stuff?

Well, trip got camcelled for the fittimg. But Limdsay wamts ne to go woith her for hjer last exam. We hjave am aoppt. for tonmorrow for fittimg. HJave a good amnd safe day today!

Love to yuo all,
Kimnberly

Just a quick check in to say hi! Glad to see Joni is safe and sound and it looks like all had a wonderful weekend. We celebrated my Dad's 70th at a baseball game and my daughter's 6th birthday at home on Sunday. Crazy busy weekend!

Will be back! Can't wait to catch up.
Love and light
Meg

Good Morning everyone--

I woke to sunshine and 60 degrees! Birds were chirping and I made plans to eat breakfast and sit outside. The hospice aide arrived and showered me, massaged my feet and dressed me. I had breakfast, took my pills and signed her paperwork. Now it is 10:30 and the clouds have rolled in, the temperature has dropped to 48 degrees and I am stuck inside! :(

My son and grandkids were here yesterday and took the dog home to stay with them untikl I get back from our trip (7th thru the 20th). He jumped in their van and sat in the passenger seat with no good-byes to me. The last trip we took he stayed home and the housekeeper kept an eye on him and the cat. However, during her nightly absence Max chewed the door frame off the front door and chewed the bedroom carpet up from the hall seam into the bedroom. So, I know what you mean about Bama destroying the dining room chairs! Aren't pets wonderful! LOL

Have a great day --

Joni so glad your back and safe!

Aly I hope nothing is wrong dear one. Just an aggrevating day?

Ann, I am sure the haircut was a load off your shoulders and feels good!

Kim, I still have not gotten the biopsy results but hopefully they will be in this week. The biopsy proceedure itself was not all that bad. I went in, they knocked me out and I woke up. The doc shot my muscle and thigh up with novicain before closing things up so that the pain was very easily managed. I did not have to limit my amount up on the leg afterward because he took if from a section that was not utilized as much from walking (on the side of my thigh). It healed rather quickly with all sutures being inside the incision. I did not find the pain unbarable. Only had to take a pain med maybe 3 times since the surgery and that was 3 weeks ago.

Helen here are a few pics from my deck and from down at the lake. If they do not show you can see them by clicking on my name and going to the album. This one is a public album so even if your not on my friends list you can see them.
11773-albums491-picture3231.jpg

11773-albums491-picture3230.jpg

11773-albums491-picture3232.jpg

and yet again, another post being sent to the moderator. and this one had pictures. I must be a marked woman.

Geepers, half an hour for moderation ain't bad. Beautiful pictures.

AL.

Don't worry Joyce. I am marked as well .

Nothing is wrong, just feel odd having my husband around. I just sat on the couch feeling weird, with pent up emotions. I cannot understand. A good scream helped plenty. I really cannot contemplate the year ahead. He has cut his planned trip from 3 months to 5 weeks! I just know it's because my arm was weaker and my uphill ability is waining. I am not that worried tho. I have a very sore arm and that is probably from swimming. It's going thru withdrawals because of school holidays. I will go to the local pools tomorrow. I will swim on the days he is at home to get out of the house :)

Graduation today. I will try and get an ok photo of myself when we take charlottes photos in her gown. I feel so much thinner and half my wardrobe is now bagged away ( in case of a relapse). Yay.

Dianne, have a lovely holiday.

Ann I bet having bit less hair feels better :)

I won't comment about Libya or you know who. I can never work out how .........oh thats right, I am not commenting.

Everyone is asleep as usual and I am having my cuppa and toast. I love this time of the day. Cold but quiet.

See ya later

thank you Al. I really do appreciate all you do to keep us safe. Its just that its happening so often to me that my posts are getting kicked to moderators and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. It does seem that my longer posts are the ones that get kicked. I am wondering if its because I am so slow at typing and they sometimes take me a long time to finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back