Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did my post go? Did it go to moderation, or just disappear? I did copy it, so here it is (pardon if it's already on!)

I have to say that my MIL is ok with me and the kids, though she has always favored her girls over her boys, which used to make me crazy! At Christmas, the 2 adult daughters would get 20 presents (all pricey), while the 4 boys would get a sweatshirt or something. And she never bought me anything, so I'd sit there like a lump on the log at Christmas, while she opened the present that I bought her from the 2 of us. I don't know why she was so clueless about that, but whatever. She is who she is. I know she cares about me, even though her son and I have been separated (still married lol) for over 7 years now... he wanted to move home with her, and she had the gumption to say NO, go home and take care of your wife! (this was before I had any physical problems). But I didn't want him here! :)

Anyway, the basement does await me tomorrow (sigh), but it should be a beautiful day, not like last Saturday when it rained all day. Hopefully will have a cookout afterwards. My younger son is hiking up Mount Greylock in NH tomorrow with the Boy Scouts, and camping somewhere up there.

Aly, the way your father drives reminds me of a joke... "My grandfather died peacefully in his sleep, unlike the passengers in his car"... probably said it wrong, but you get the gist.

No one's heard from Joni yet? I'm sure their electricity is out, hopefully her hubby is not on oxygen... I keep seeing the vast amount of devastation in Alabama particularly, but I don't know what town she lives in. Does anyone know? Maybe we can see if her town was hit by the tornadoes.

Take care all!

Helen

Helen, plaese be careful tonmorrow in that basenent. I pictiure you similaer to the ome in Home Alone. Tje 1 with the furmace. Amd just renenber, think $$$$'s amd dump it. Also, plases dom'e overdo it. We meed you rested so you cam tell us how it wemt.
Liz, where aer you? Still recupreating from the big sabve yesterday? Or is it Friday night amd you aer out with the girls? I am all alome for a couple of huors while the older kisd go eat dimmer. I'm acvtualky feelimg under the weathjer, rumming a slifght fever (thanks to my visit with the grsands). Mayne one of them will brimg ne back a miklsjhake! I doubt thjat.
Helen, I saw yuor post come up....renenber I told you anout my MIL's rekigoin? I habe never condomed (not sure if this is the rihgt word) (Jehovah's Wintess) amy form of religoin,;but anywau, at Christmas I wuold wrap her figt in plaim paper, then obver the yuears I strated wrapping in Christmas paper imside out and them in Christmas paper. Not omce did shje refuse a gift and yet she nmever gabve my childern anything at Christmas. Tjhey aalso do nmot celevbrate Birthjdays. (the raeson bening 2 birthdayus mentiomed im the BIBLE, 1 was the nbehaedimg of John the Baptist.) But yet, shje would imvite us ocver for a cookuot amd show us wjat Karl (BIL) gfabe her. I cuold mever win with her amd just srtppoed trying.
Sue, If my momory hasm't failed ne (lately A LOT), wrer you also feelimg umder thje weahter? If yuo were, hjabe you perklled up yet? I suerly hope so. I haben't seem any of your posts hjere lately! I will sauy am extra prayer foeer you tomight.
Evreyome jhace a good amd well rested might and be chipper tonorrow! Oh; I almost forgot, my son Matt turmed 13 today! HJe's fimally a teemager amd only stamds at anout 5'6". He hasn't eben begum to grow. His Dad (my other half) is 6'7" , yes ladies amd I am 5' to 5'1" om a good dauy. Amd since I no longer jhabe those good days, I'm 5'.

Why am I umable to imdent on my posts? Does anyome know?

FYI, I googled Valley, Alabama and tornadoes, and didn't come up with anything, even on the town's website... doesn't mean Joni's town didn't get hit, but just I couldn't find any info on it. So keep them in your prayers, it was definitely near them if it didn't hit them.

Kimberley, my youngest turns 13 in October, just a few more months and he enters teenager hood as well.
My mil hardly ever gives the kids a thing for either birthdays or Christmas, but spends endless amounts of money on herself. Occasionally she would buy a gift, for one and not the others. She sends cards. I remember once she sent Sam a card for his 6 th birthday, and said that she hoped he would enjoy it. I told her that my son got heaps of enjoyment out of it! Being sarcastic of course, but she didn't see it. One year I decided to be nice and bought her some clothes. She rang to say that she was not into autumn colours only summer, well poo poo. I never tried again. You just can't win with some people.

We are soon going out for dinner. Olivia goes back to university in shaky old Christchurch, so we are having an evening out. I have got her a woolen coat, Marino undergarments and gloves to help her keep warm down there. The cold has been a shock!

Going flat........both me and my iPad battery. Hope you feel better soon Kimberley.
Luv Aly

Hello all! Been a long day here and I am getting ready to shut the computer down. Just caught up with all the latest chattering here. I saw the surgeon today to get the results of the muscle biopsy, but alas, I was told that the report was still at the University of Washington and he said they had told him today they were going to run more tests. So he didn't give any clue to any results at all. He said they should all be done and reported by next week

I worked hard today editing photos I took at a photo shoot yesterday at the theater. I tell you I almost fell at least a dozen times. If it were not for all the extra props (tables and chairs) about the place to hold me up I would have gone completely to the floor a couple times. I just don't know if I have another season in me. But I told them I would return as long as I am upright and walking.

Like Kimberly and Aly, I have an almost teen who is going to be 13 in January. I went tonight to watch her in her last school production of elementary school. Next year she will be in jr. high school! So hard to believe. I will post a pic of her in her dress for the production tonight in my album when I am done here. She looked so cute! I had decided to pick her up from school today by myself. Which ment I was going to drive. I felt it was safe as I wasn't so tired yet. So we went to find her some shoes. She is the size of a 6 year old. It took us 4 shoes stores to finally find one that she thought was high enough and didn't look babyish enough to wear! I had to laugh as we were looking in store number 4 and finally I told her I was too tired to hit another one and she had to find something or use her tennis shoes with her dress that evening. I asked her what was it exactly she was looking for. She pointed behind me (I was in a power cart) and said " what she is trying on!" I lifted the arm on the seat and rotated my body around to see a teenager trying on some stiletos type shoes with a 4 inch heal! ..LOL!

I told her sorry but I don't think they come in your size. We settled on some cute sandle wedges with a 2 inch heal. She was happy!

Ok, If I haven't put you to sleep yet I just about have gone to sleep myself typing this. Off I go to bed now. Gnite all!

I heard from a friend of mine from Huntsville, Alabama,he went to Memphis until power is back up and running, which should be Tuesday at the earliest. He said no power, no cell service, no internet, so Joni is probably just out of touch. I check her FB page often, will let you know if any info is posted there.

Sadiemae, (I belieive that is your dog mane's, so fogrive me) thanks for checkimg on Joni for us. It is wirrosome whjen someone doesm't check in, especvially afgter the orther nihgt!
Joyce; my youngest dauhgter Grayson, just turmed 11 and is already wearimg am adults size 8 shoe amd stands about 5'1". We grow then tall in the South; must be all the sunshime! (JK; as I nemtoined befoer my husnand is 6'7".) I am the only short 1 im the bumch. Amd of all the thimgs ny mother could hjave passed dowm it could jhabe been her size 3 1/2 children's shoe size; but, Oh, No I wasm't blessde with that. Only the ability to get oberweihgt amd get a bubble-butt! Don't jhave that now, thank GOD.
Aly, hjave you had amy nore aftreshocks amd was Olivia's dorm and/or uniberesity damaged? I gahter not, simce she is headimg back.
And Ladies, (now dom't take this the wromg way but) I am happy whjen my children becone teenagers. It means they aer gettimg closer to adulthood amd moving out of the house! Also, fecer broke last nihgt, now to get rid og the nasty couhg. I begimming to not be able to couhg. Don't wamt to sound like a wimp, bit it hurts.
Helen; I alnost forgot, plseas be careful in the dungeon today.
Love to all,
Limnerly

Sadiemae, Lori, Thanks so much for telling us here about Joni's probable reason for her absence. It's tough to be out of power, isn't it!

All you ladies with up and coming teens, your stories are funny! Joyce's lil one (now the name has more meaning!) and the high heels is priceless.

Kimberly, I hope you're feeling better soon...may need expectorant if you aren't already using it. And you can just use your "enter" key on the computer to replace indenting with a space for a new PP.

Yesterday with hospice aide did not go well. We have only one hospice here, so the changes needed to make this work are on my end.

Dad arrived safely, and so did those with him on the road!

Avril- the day was pretty fun and exhausting but it was just one of those days where i left feeling really proud of myself.
that NEVER happens!

Kim, my daughter is now about 5'10" tall now, guess being a vegetarian since the age of 10 didn't stunt her growth. But my 14 year old son is still waiting for his growth spurt, he's about 5'6" now... told him not to worry, all my side of the family took their time getting tall, but my brother range from 5'11" to 6'1" and my nephew is 6'7"! Tell your son not to worry yet!

Liz, that's a great feeling that even though exhausted, you have that great feeling... hope you have more days like that!

Joyce, if you have enough time, check out the shoes online and save yourself alot of energy... even though we have lots of options around here, I don't want to spend the time and energy carting myself around to them. I find jcpenney, zappos, and 15dollarstore all have good selections for girls, as long as they ship to your area. I don't know if the 15dollarstore has much in shoes, but it has a interesting collection of clothes that my daughter loves... but they don't take returns. The others do. My favorite online shopping are stores that are near me so I can return to the store if it doesn't fit. Or, have free shipping both ways.

Going down to the dungeon in a few minutes, where's my gas mask? :)

Helen

Liz I'm glad you were left feeling proud. Now you can't say never anymore!

Liz, yuo have to gice yuorself more credit. Yuor PALS amd his mohter must think you aer doing a womdreful job amd I think so too! What yuo pulled ofdf the ohter day wda quick thimking, fast avction amd smooth mocing. Just thimk if eceryone coiuld do that how muxh more we cuold get done!

Ann, maunbe you should get Liz to com,e and take care ofd you! I hope alk works out well fdor you. Anmd as for thje expevctorant,(insert gag here) I cam't swallopw amy liquid mesd. I acvtually thouhgt of usime Grayson;s nebulizre. I figure it cam't hurt.

Helen, has the cleanming begun? I feel for yuo; we hjave to cleamn house for the weddimg. I figure 20 room,s means about 1 a day if I srtat now. Da*n me for byuing this big huose!

Well; Ladies, amy plans for the day....let me know. I'm not suire whjat to do todauy. Mayne after I hack up a ljuing, I could go sit on my porchj.

Not sure why my post went to moderation, except I was telling Joyce some online stores that would save her traveling around town for shoes...?

Need to go to the dungeon, maybe my post will show up later!

Why aren't my posts getting posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back