Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - all of this silly talk has me wanting to be home, with hubby, shower or no shower. :) And it is only 930 in the morning here!

Hope that today finds everyone well and happy. Enjoying a cip of mint medley tea after my 4 cups of coffee. Needing a little extra go go juice this morning.

All of the bad MIL stories make me feel so grateful that I have a wonderful one. What is funny is that I know my Mom drives my husband absolutely batty and has for just about 20 years. He is so patient which is a blessing.

Wishing you all a happy Friday and a glorious weekend!
Love and light
Meg

OOOOh, Dianne. The pic ingraimed in my mind! I thimk it's gerat that the "older" crowd aer still frisky. (You're not muvch older thjan me.)My gramndparents were evcen uop to the time of my grandfathjers death. (If he jhadn't died im the hospital, I woukd hace looked at mhy grandmothjer. I remenber nmy psych dayus anmd the makles wane at about 25, nbut women start aftre age 40. So all yuou ladies, go for it! I fguess I will jhave to fimd me one soon.
Kimnberly

Meg, I am glkad you hjave a great MIL. I thinnmk tjhat the marriagfe counseling sessioms trhe couple takes nefore the wedsing should include the in-lasw. Not to nbrag or boast, nbut I habe been a da*n good MIL to my DIL. IU guess I learmed from my 'MIL's mistakes. Amd my new SIL (to be) lobes me and I love him. Nowe to chamge the subjkect: Is thjat a great damne in your pic? We used to hhjave omne when my oldest was litrle; great dogf for kids.

Hi Mom - Yes, that is Shea our Great Dane. He is about 6 months old in the picture. Now he is 3 and weighs about 150 pounds. He is a doll! I love Great Danes and can't imagine another kind of pet for our family.

I also love your pic, Meg. Shea is a lot of dog!

I had the absolute best mother in law. I have (way back, long ago) teased Phil that I married him to get his mother. She and my mother were best friends in nursing school, so I knew her all my life. She could have only two children, both boys. I remember when I was eight, she told me she wanted a little girl just like me. My own mother had a very difficult mother in law...and no woman could have pleased her. So, the MIL conditions were such that I had broken off relationships if the potential MIL would have been difficult.

Kimberly, my sincere sympathy for yours.

Is everyone drinking tea? I'm just fooling around waiting for the aide to arrive and shower me. Dad is driving down this afternoon...and he holds the record timing for being fast. Stay off the main highways in Delaware today and tomorrow...His own family refuses to sit in the car he drives.

Oh Ann, I hoope youe visit with youer Dad is refershimg. I know you always tire after his visits. I renember you sayimg sonethimg about him passimg fisrt; well, that is a lomng runnimg joke in our family. My Dad jhas never dressedf himself....I mean chjosen his owm clothes. Evcery am my nother would lay out hid clothes for the day, dowm to the unmdies and socks. We tell him he wom't hacve anoyone to dress hinm after my mom goes. But then on the orther hand, my Dad is the sweetrie and my mother is the daughter of Satan. I realky dom't know who would talke care of her if he goes 1st.
An update on my Grandmohter; she is up and walkimng and even came to my Aumnt's for Easter. Wjhen I came in I saw her sittimg at the table with a slive of bread (with butrter amd a glass odf wwater. Well 1st words ourt of my moutrh werr, "They break you out amd all trhey gibe you is bread amd water?"
Thjey are tryimg to get jer home for a weekemd pass today amd pernamently by Mother's Day. What a great Morther's Day!

Amd driving fast amd crazy, must be an oldeer persoms thinfg....Every 3 months or so I wouldf tracvel home to MD amd I noticde the ones who wuold drive exrtemely fast were the older omes (especialky from Florida amd New Yoirk). I guess theu have no time to waste!

Goodmorning ladies & gents, another beautiful day in paradise! Sitting here wondering what today will bring my way. Trying to muster up energy to do something, anything.
I hope your day will be a great one. Ann have a wonderful time with your dad today. Momofsixkids keep up the great posts. By the way my daughter is the mom of 9 kids..lol, They are great, ages range from 2 yrs to 16yrs, I know where to get some help from..lol. The 10 year old loves to help me all the time, so sweet.
Everone have a great day!

Dad's driving has always been very very fast. I remember trips to our relatives in MI, going well over a hundred on the turnpikes. He's here now; arrived while the aide was bathing me...forgot what we'd decided for timing--all of which is fine. Glad he arrived safe and sound.

Kimberly, gosh I am sorry about your mom. Mine became more and more of a cupcake. Both of my parents have just mellowed nicely. I hope your grandmother comes home and does great.

Notgivnup, hello! I am glad you have a willing 10 year old, and glad you have *nine* grandchildren! Your daughter must be tired a lot. Wow.

Helen, how is that basement? I feel for you...

Thanks Ann, I have 13 grandchildren in all, from only 2 children, my son has 4 also. I always wanted a large family but Our Father had a better plan. I can enjoy them them send them home when I get tired..lol

Notgvnup, If I libved in Hawaii, I would kjust sit im a nicely [padded cjhair on the beach, not in thje sun, and listen to the waVes roll in. Thjat has been my desiure for a looomng time. I would loive in Floerida for the wimter amd then mobe to Maime for the sumner. Muy husband said hje didmn't want to moce to Florida. My resopnse was, I didm't ask you to cone, this is my retierment! Omce my youmgest graduiates fron high school, I will have beebn a mother for 39 yuears. I think I deservce a littler me time.

And Ann, hace a womderful vidit. I will let mny family kmow your Dad's im town(lol).

Yes mom you do deserve soom Me Time for sure!
Hope you can get to that beach one day and just sit and listen to the waves and the beautiful music it can make.

Hey Ladies and Barry,
I seer there is strill no wors from Jponi. I prauy everyhting is okay! I think we all meed to take a min a say a prayer fore her amd her husnand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back