Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wuv you too Ann!

Good Mornming Ladies, (almnost noon here)
Helen, amny new on the house? I hope itr selkls soon!
Diamnne, How abnout youurs? I hope irt sells too!
Coiurtney anmd I wenmt to havbe her weddsing portrait domne yesterday. Shje looked beautiful (I knmow evberyonme says that abnout their chjildremn") amnd very amngelic. {Insert tears hjere} I hjave been forbnidden to cry. Ha waitr for the big dayu anmd I will be nbawling. I beliebve I habve the rigfht! Now we aer waitimg for tjheir engagemnent pictiures so I vcan put it inm the paper.
Now I hjave a hard topic amnd questoinm for you al;l: My extramnged mother-in-lkaw! We hjave nmot spokemn in years. Her doimng not mimne. I hjave tried severalk timnes over the uyears to recomnnect onmly to get slapoped imnt he face. (I havbe turned the chjeek too mamny times) She is a Jehovbah's Witnmess (everyome is emtitled to their owmn chjoice) but hjas not been imnvited to thje weddimng. Courtmney actually forgfot to put her onm the list (we imnvited hjer to olkder soms weddimg, sjhe didmn't comne, senmt a gift. Should we stilkl invite her? Or not worry aboiut it. We bnelieve it is the oldesdt sons doing and he hjappemed to be in the restaurant at the next tanle when we were discusdinmg the caterimg orfer with the owmer.
Thanks for tje help! It's neben a tougjie!

Good morning all! Its before 9am here so still morning!

I am hoping that all who were in the storms path in the south are safe! What horrible news it was to turn the computer on!

MO6- If it were me, I would send the invite and if she comes she comes. It shows respect that she is a grandmother. What she does with it is up to her and only she can be accountable for that. That way she can never say that she was outed by her family. JMO.

Looks like we are going to have a beautiful day here but they say that is just the calm before the storm. There is a big one rolling in from the Aleutian Islands and should hit us sometime tonight. Nothing like what you all in the South are facing though. My heart and prayers goes out to them all!

Thank you all for the welcome into the circle. Your all so sweet!

Kim, how long has it been since your daughter has seen her grandmother? Just because she's a Jehovah's Witness doesn't mean she should have removed herself from the family... its a case where you agree to disagree! Anyway, I don't know how the woman has been to your kids, but I would use that to guide your decision. I guess you could always invite her, and not be surprised when she doesn't attend.

Hope everyone is safe today, I was horrified at the numbers of people killed in the tornadoes! My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you... looks like it will rain here soon, but we're not expecting that type of weather.

Time for lunch, tea time is over!

Helen, we dimd't break bevause of religion, we broke ties bevuase we owmned a remtal house amd remted it to Karl's friemds (tha'ts my hunsbands /loser brorther). Welkl, they destrouyed our housde amd legt us owimg us $3,000.00 im rent amd danages of $5,000.00. Sje kmew thjis amd invitde us ober for dimmer wjile he mobed them out of the house. If relatibes woulf do that to you wjat about your emenies? Sje has mever met our 2 youngedt kids who are now 11 and Matt will ne 13 tomorroow.
We did imvite jer to our soms weddimg 10 yeats ago, but she did not come. I tolkd Courtmey to omvite jer and see what ahppens....

Wow, she's never even seen your 2 youngest children? Has she ever sent them anything or tried to see them? How far away does she live? Sounds like she's an enabler for your loser BIL...

It's funny about your husband's loser brother, I also had a loser brother-in-law... 'til the day he died, he lived in the basement of my MIL's house, and she wouldn't have anyone over because it might "upset" him. He was alcoholic, and his mother would still buy him cigarettes and beer because she was afraid of what he might do to get money if he didn't have his beer. He drank himself to death... and though I'm sad at his life and the way he lived it, he never really LIVED his life, just drank it away... and hopefully he's at peace now.

I guess I feel 2 ways about your situation: the first, give her the chance to make amends; the second, say why bother? And I bet that even if she did come, she would find some way to make it YOUR fault she never met the grandkids! Am I right ladies? (Sorry, had to add that...:)

Surround yourself with optimism and love, not bitterness and the crap that brings!

Update, just dropped the price on my house to $549... with an Open House this weekend, I'm hoping for some results! The infamous basement is getting cleaned on Saturday come H#ll or high water! (Luckily I live on a hill so no high water here...!) Guess I'm going to be even more of a gimpy girl on Sat. night!
Helen

Helen,
Darn, I am learningf to type with one finger so I don't have the spellimg errors. It's so sloooow but more readable! One time she took 3 dolls to our oldest boys work and she asked ig he could ger them to the girls (she didn't buy or gibe him amything). The 3 older girls could realky care less and Ben apparently told the 2 youngest his paremts were dead! His words not mine(his dad has passed on).
At my weddimg, the whole time I vould hear her mumbling about the cross on the fromt wall of the altar. They belkieve having that is pagan idol worshippong. I was almost to terars with jer mutterings.
My BIL the Loser has spomged off my MIL his whole life. He still libes with her and he is at least 60ish yrs old. And they libe only 10 miles away. We moved from Maryland to Mayberry RFD to raise our kids in a safe emvironment and sje sold her house amd moved to be with her ONLY LEGITIMATE grandchildren (now do you ser what I habe lkived with). My other BIL was murdered in a drufg deal gome bad on the Baltimore-Washingfton Pkwy 16 years ago. So my husnbanh is the only child who did amything right in his lifde!
Om the brighter side, I can send Limdsay to help you cleam! She is one that I habe to tell if it's not a pic, a bany coming home outfut, or sentimental item; she tosses it out. She cam clean house in no time.
Kimnerly

Did anyone hear from Joni yet? Last news 250 people dead....160 in Alabama aline.

Helen, When we sold our little farm a month ago we hired a stager. We had it up last Fall with no luck, and a realtor friend swore by staging. We thought it looked quite nice and that staging was an airy fairy concept. We were blown away by how beautiful the house looked after staging, and we sold within a week. We paid about $2000 for the staging (we had to rent furniture for one month as ours was too dated)--without the furniture it would have only cost us about $900. So maybe it would be worth considering? Good luck!
Laurel

Holy crap. who wants to hear me spew about MY day?

Oh Liz, my dear, I habve missed you! I woudl lobe to hear anout your day! Let it roll.
And still no Joni? I pray evreythinf is okay.
And Helen, Lauirel is rifght....spend a few bucks and get the bif bang. The cable has a show on anbout staging. Itr's amazimg. Amd it's not too larte for me to semd Lindsay up!
Kinberluy

Liz, let it roll... I always like to hear about your day. ..:)

Ok. You asked for it...
My PALS had a dr appt today to get a trache change. Ok- this is pretty routine as we go in every 2-3 months for this. I dropped my daughter off at school early so I could get over to him earlier than usual. His appt is always at 11 am. I dont usually have him out of bed until 11 so I have to go at super warp speed when dr appt's come up.
So Im going along... start from the top and work my way down. UGH... thought so... Aparently he had a BM in the middle of the night and didnt even know it (he's had a touch of a stomach bug for the last few weeks). Needless to say, he was RAW. I mean bloody raw. So I do my best to get it all cleaned up without wasting too much time.
Ok so we get him up and into his PWC. Get his battery hooked up. Put the little black bag over his urine bag. Hook up his travel oxygen. tie his head down, straps, buckles, all of that. Go out to move the van into place.... click click click.
She wont even try to turn over. Completely dead. GREAT. I go back in the house and there stands his mom and there sits my PALS all ready to go and i tell them the van is dead. Keep in mind we now have a half hour to get to the dr and we live 15 minutes away. and we still have to load him into and strap him down in the van. Right away I think we cant go. Which sucks because he is WAY past due for a new trache and hasnt been feeling well because of it.
Someone decides I need to jump it. Never did that before. But PALS tells me just what to do. So i take his ma's car and line it up. get it all ready, and WHAT? apparently this car is too new because i cannot find the battery! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
so i pull my car up. wham bam thank you ma'am. got the van fired up.
got PALS loaded and on our way. then his moms cell phone rings. its the dr.. "where are you guys?" we are trying!
got him there 15 minutes late is all.
Trache change went well. He felt better immediately. We got outta there and since he hadnt been out of the house since January, decided to make a day out of it. He showed me where him and his last girlfriend lived. And then I took him and his mom to my old neighborhoods. We spent most of the day in the car, but it was still great.
So after all of this CRAP... i gotta say, I had a tremendous day! I was so proud that I was still able to get him there in time. I was even more proud that he taught me how to successfully jump a car. ( I know its super easy, but i had never done it before)
We had a good time just driving and talking and living life. Usually outtings are very stressful. it was, dont get me wrong. i am exhausted. but the overall feeling is just awesome peace. Feels good to be coming out of my few year funk.

Thanks for letting me spew. Love to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back