Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
California
City
GRANADA HILLS
Is buzzing and vibrating in legs and feet a symptoms of ALS?
For 6 months now I have a buzzing vibrating feeling in legs and feet started in right leg now is in both legs and Ive been having a hard time swallowing , pressure in ears and also twitching in parts of my body, my doctor put me on klonopin it seems to help a little but I still feel the vibrating just not as much. I am 25 female 215 pounds. blood tests normal, electrocardiograph normal, cat scan normal, small cyst on thyroid doctor says dont worry, EKG normal, before this never had an anxiety problems so not sure if it's aniexty.

Most of the time, if a doctor says not to worry, not worrying is the way to go. Your description of how you feel doesn't match up with any ALS description I've read. Anxiety really can do crazy things.

You mentioned you have trouble swallowing - what kind of trouble? Are you inhaling your food or choking? If it's serious, you should go to an ENT doctor, there are lots of things that can make it harder to swallow. They are the right guys to see about that, and they may push you on to a gastrointerologist or a speech therapist for further study if there is a problem. But got the ENT first.

But ALS is a big leap from where you're at, and if you're like many who have proceeded you, continuing to read stuff here will only make you feel worse. The anxious mind reads only the parts that sounds like them, and ignores, often can't even remember the other 95%.

I am getting scared because swallowing is becoming harder and harder and standing is hard to do, I loose balance and I am very weak.

I have already seen an ENT she says my throat is normal, its just the not being able to stand and vibrating and buzzing constantly that is bothering me and the constant pain [/QUOTE]

A basic run of blood can miss a lot of issues. Like me, you're overweight--that can cause problems in the legs, too. The ENT should have found any serious problem in your throat.

Constant pain is actually leading issue for you that signals ALS isn't likely. ALS, especially in early stages, doesn't cause pain. Fibromyalgia been checked for?

Get into a Neuro to get the appropriate testing. I had the buzzing/vibrating feeling that you mentioned, however it doesn't mean ALS unless you have it backed up by necessary testing.

Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back