Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen, you are such a stitch (and where, oh where did that old saying come from?). I now have a very cooled room, and actually am in bed every afternoon--the only way I can sit up in the powerchair, since the bed supports back and head. I have lots here to do--laptop, phone, 5 books, a pile of CDs, a pile of DVDs. My home within my home. I'm postioned well today and able to sit up and type in bed.

You have a new scooter! Great! Show your dog how it's done, Helen. That is so cool.
And speaking of which, I also like creamsicles...or did, the last time I had one.

My life has suddenly become stupendously busy...taking fatigue into account. For about five minutes I thought I'd outgrown wanting my time neatly scheduled (aka being in control), until Phil came home from work and told me about the teleconferences scheduled on his weekend. The same day my dad is coming. And neither of my caregivers come. I never schedule a Dad visit unless Phil can be free to take care of him. My father will be 86 this summer.

Aly, lol, take care of you. I am so disappointed your arm/hand has lost strength. I pray the loss is super slow.

Notgivnup, it really is nice to see you posting here, and I'm super impressed that you went camping for four days. Before my current status (diapers and a hoist with sling), I really hated wearing bug spray and using a can for a potty. I believe my perspective has changed, but do still really enjoy running water.

Liz I see you, Sweetie. Giving you a hug.

Helen- I am around. just havent posted. its odd. i feel bad bringing bad news to our tea party, but i dont always want to post things in other sections, as you ladies are the ones I talk with the most.
I am mostly all rested from the weekend. On sunday I went to bed at 5pm. got up at 8:30 for a bowl of cereal and went back to bed until 7am Monday. I needed it. got too much sleep actually. how is that possible? LOL.

well, hope all is well. im around. just not saying much

I know what you mean, I check this section all the time, but only every few days will I check the other sections... I guess after all the research I did in the first few months, I don't feel the need to know more – at least not all the time. This one's for fun and to see what everyone is up to, and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks Anne for the thumbs up on camping thing.
Actually I learned alot about myself on that trip. No cans for me, blazed a new trail to portapotty that was nearly flat, that helped. Yes I did have a nice blow up bed and yes needed help to get up but was ever so worth it for the memories with family and grandkids.

Aly, thanks for the translation! I couldn't figure out how you would light something electriic. :) Duh!

Ann, so glad you are comfy - I'm heading to bed now too with all the gizmos and gadgets to keep me entertained while Tim goes to a meeting. He promises to bring me a creamcicle if I don't move while he is gone. What a bribe.

Helen, you are too funny. I love the wit you add to your posts.

Liz, we miss you but I know what you mean about keeping things light here. That doesn't mean you aren't missed. This is the first thread I open when I come here - you guys and gals keep me positive and then I can be positive with others who may be newbies.

Have a good night and those in wetlands stay dry!

Dianne I went back to read ir, and saw it was a typo, so changed before anyone else thought I couldn't light something electrical. I had meant to write lift, duh

Are any of you having trouble with posts disappearing when you push the button to reply. Is that what is happening to you Helen ?

Hey ladies and gents, just wanted to tell you all I love yall!I am so grateful for each of you!

Hello all. It hasn't been all that long since I read the thread but there were 3 pages for me to catch up on. Busy ladies! Like others I really like this thread. It's so good hearing about your lives. I get to imagine camping, chickens and basements to name but a few. Sorry to hear of the falls though. Scooters sound magic, though the golf caddie was inventive.

Here on my home front. I'm here on my own for a bit. I take mum into hospice on a Tuesday for a few hours. When she was there yesterday they offered her a bed to stay for a break. I'm sure it's a good thing but I was startled. I realized I just wanted to take her home! So here I am with plenty to catch up with in the house and in myself, not knowing where to start & feeling a bit lonely. Catching up with you all has helped. Thanks to all

Oh Avril you need a break honey...here's a giant HUG! Take you a bubblebath, read a book, get a pedi, but do something for you.

I second that motion! It's funny when I read that you didn't know what to do with your time, I felt the same way the first few times I didn't have my children with me during the day (and I wasn't at work)! Especially if I was at home alone! Go see a movie, have lunch/dinner with a friend or just sleep, watch tv and eat junk food in bed! DO NOT do something like clean out the bureau or vacuum.... that would be a waste of your freedom.

I agree, Avril--I hope you do things that refresh you and build you up...and give you joy!

Aly, I don't seem to have posts disappear, but the Christian Thread was gone, locked (not by me!) and disappeared when I came in this morning. I am baffled.

Ann, the Christian Thread will rise again, in 3 days...

Aly, mostly what happens is I get an error message, but yesterday, I think when the page changes, it deleted my post in the works... I guess I'm going to have to remember to copy what I say before I finish!

Looks like a beautiful spring day outside today, overnight rains, sunny out now! About time!

Helen, you really are witty. I know the page gets weird when it's changing pages, but usually if I just wait I find my new post on the newer page--later. However, if that doesn't happen for you and Aly, do you use "Go Advanced"? If that also doesn't work, it's time to cut and paste. If I write something requiring a lot of work, I do it elsewhere so I can cut and paste. I often hit the wrong keys now, and a new site (one of the major servers) appears. It always gives me a slight adrenaline rush since I have to make sure my post is still intact.

Enjoy your sunny day!

that's a good idea to type up the posts in another program and just paste them in... that way, if you're responding to several people you can also scroll around if needed, without losing the post you're working on. Thanks Ann!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back