Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting very frustrated... it seems every time I try to post, it won't work! I keep getting error messages, not all the same. So I'm trying yet again (3rd time today, since the first 2 didn't go, and this morning's got posted twice)

Aly, thanks for the info on ANZAC day, which is sort of what I thought it might be... ironically enough, the Veterans over here also give away paper poppies for donations, I remember my Dad doing that.

DIANE, DIANE, DIANE, BE CAREFUL! Glad you weren't seriously hurt.

I got lazy today, and didn't go down cellar at all, its damp and cold down there, and didn't feel like getting in the spider webs. Nothing like a 110+ year-old-fieldstone basement in the rain.

Anne, wish I could come and visit you and your pet chickens... I probably would never eat chicken again!

How's everyone doing today?

Helen

Helen, I am also frustrated with the postings that either disappear or are never posted. I am ready to abandon the forum for today and maybe tomorrow I will try again.

Thanks for your caution -- I thought I was being careful - just a balance problem and my head is always the first thing to hit the floor. My dad used to tell me I was hard headed (stubborn) and guess it is serving me well in my old age! LOL

Love ya and am so glad to have this tea party to come to!

Diane I'm sorry about your fall, I hope you aren't too sore! The book is getting much better.:) Ann you can share those eggs and tomatoes. Thunderstorms are brewing here. At least it was a gorgeous weekend. I went and cleaned a house last friday, and they were out of school. So the 8 year old little boy looks at me and says " So this is how it feels to have a janiter" I nearly croaked! Aly those cupcakes sure looked good and yummy. Liz seems like you had a fun weekend, I hope you have rested up by now...lol Aww to be young again.. Hey Sue, Peter, marta, helen and everyone else.

Thunderstorms here as well. High winds, Trees falling and we had a 4 hour long Powercut. Just managed to get the internet back online.

Seems to be bad weather everywhere. Wish I was back in sunny Hawaii, although when I was there I just wanted to be at home. We are never happy.

Dianne you will have to get around with a cushion strapped to your rear end. here is a rather cute one that may do? O and I rather like the POW one. That would be appropriate

Attachments

• Cushion.jpg
    Cushion.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Pow.jpg
    Pow.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 106
Diane, so sorry to hear of your fall. Do you use arnica afterwards? I keep that and "rescue remedy" handy and find it does help the healing process. Rescue remedy just immediately afterwards, but I keep on with the arnica for a while. Definitely cuts down on the bruising.
Ann, the golf cart sounds like a great idea! I was thinking of using our lawn tractor, but am not sure my arms are up to it. I did buy a spiffy pair of hiking poles for getting around on uneven ground, and they are great and make me pretend I haven't quite lost all of my outdoorsiness. The chickens (30 layers) are free-ranging for now, but unless they learn to stay out of the vegetable beds, won't be for long! I can watch them in the backyard from my desk window.
Aly, thanks for the history lesson. Definitely didn't learn that in school.
Helen, if MA is like ME today, it's a great day to be in the basement (if you haven't finished) rather than outside. Good luck!
Time to head to PT-- later, all--
Sue

I don't think I'll ever finish that basement, and I haven't started it yet... got too tired to even contemplate those stairs, never mind the junk down there. I'll need the kids around to help lug, and didn't have the heart to make them do it last week on their spring vacation. Their friends go to Canada, France, Disney, and they get to go to the basement?

Sue, are you signing up for the Dexpramipexole clinical trial? I just got the paperwork for it today, and it's a lot of visits! If we both get into the trial, we should compare notes, and try to get in there the same day for an appt so we can actually meet. I can forward the pdf of the trial to you if you're interested. PM me with your email address if you're interested. It's at Mass General, but I think its in Charlestown, not at the hospital. Guess they don't want all us gimpy folks blocking up the aisles at the hospital! :)

Gray and foggy today, what happened to the sunny 70° day we were supposed to have? Work is slow, I feel like crawling back into bed! But the good news is, CCALS is bringing me a scooter today! They're awesome, haven't even met them yet, I'm looking forward to it.

Have a good day everybody!

Helen

I'm reporting another day in the 80s here. My afternoon yesterday--which is now back in bed--was stifling hot. And, as we're learning a new method of transfer--hurray! It's MUCH easier on me!, it creates an unknown in where to "drop me" when I'm returned to bed. Yesterday pm was not in the right spot, which was grimly borne until the next person arrived and hoisted me. Anyway, that's what kept me away so much--I literally couldn't sit up and type.

Phil put the air conditioner in my window last night at 8... that baby is turned to ice setting and still cranking out the chill.

Helen, you are a sweetheart to save your children from basement work like this. I'm so sorry it needs to be done! I hope you and Sue do meet up--that would be great fun for both of you.

Sue--an electric golf cart is pretty easy to use, IF you can stop on flat land. I never could use the brakes. But I did drive it to the base of the ramp for the back door toward the end. It was for me so much easier to use than the lawn tractor (which had a clutch).

Love you all--will see you later as long as I'm positioned well!

I suppose our temperatures are in the 40's today....overcast with rain clouds hovering overhead. Sure no need for a/c here. The propane stove feels good, instead.

Must tell you that I am having taste issues -- craving anything orange since that is about the only flavor I can distinguish from the metalic taste in my mouth. Tim fixed a wonderful dinner of ribeye steak, red potatoes with butter and chives, and fresh squash for dinner last night. It all tasted like metal but I enjoyed the dining experience.

Our converstion included talk of foods that bring back fond childhood memories. I mentioned creamcicles. Probably that popped up because of the orange flavor I have been craving. After dinner Tim got me settled in my chair with the Kindles and went down to the barn to check on the cats and their food needs. (A nightly ritual). I really didn't pay attention to how long he was gone - I was so wrapped up with the John Grisham book The Testament. (Joni - you must read this one if you like Grisham) Anyway, when Tim and the dog came back he (Tim, not the dog) was unwrapping a creamcicle for me. He had jumped in the car and went to town to find something to tickle my tongue! It worked. And tasted so good.

He is so good to me and for me....I am truly a lucky girl.

Dianne, what a sweetie, going and getting you a creamsicle ( whatever that is). I imagine it's like a popsicle?
I am going up to our beach house for a night or 2 . I git up this morning at 3.30 am, so driving up and staying awake this afternoon on the drive will be hard. We have friends using the house and they wanted Sam to come and play with their son. It was not going to fit into my plans one little bit, but I had said maybe! Well they took it that we would come and when I said I was too busy their son was upset. So.... Here I am once again putting myself out because I feel guilty. Arghhhhh.

People stand me up all the tine and often don't even bother to ring. How come I am ruining my week and driving for 2 hours ?

Hope the pillows work Dianne :) and you are feeling ok?
Ann you get positioned correctly or have a hussy fit.
Helen basements, we don't have them, but you should see our garage. Still full of unwanted furniture and unpacked boxes.

Have a lovely day. It's still dark outside, so I have no idea what the day will bring. I just hope the storm moves far away.

Kimberly, how are your family mrpembers who were in that nasty car accident? I hope they are healing up ok and we will hear from you soon.

Good morning , It is in the 80's here today sunny with passing clouds, as usual. I am sitting here watching the clouds pass and the horse in the field across the street feeding. The birds are chirping. Went for 4 days on a camping trip with son and family. Was so beautiful out there.
I wasn't gonna go but decieded to just go for it, so glad I did but now am searching for the energy I once had. I tried not to focus on not being able to do the things I once had been able to do so easily and still trying to not look as though I was struggling with the smallest task. Anyway I found out the world is still beautiful ouy there and I will try and push myself to do things, it is worth it in the end, for now anyway.
Everyone have a wonderful day! Prayers to the Father for each and everyone for Shalom and Healing.

Notgivnup, after a period of energy exertion, like camping, it's common for people with neurological disorders to feel wiped out and take a few days to recover. Take it easy and try not to push yourself. With fatigue, sometimes comes the " blues" . My prescription is Ann. Lol she always reminds me to look after myself.
I am so glad you had a lovely time :) . I was reading the article about the man in Canada living so long with ALS. It was inspiring. Give it a read if you have not already.

I couldn't lift the electric jug this morning. My Hubby tested my strength and it was not good, boo hoo. Another limb affected, hope not.

Last edited:
Alyoop, I will look for the article you mentioned. Thank you. I like inspiring stories, they help me see that I can pull from deep inside when the outside seems so uncooperative. That and leaning on the Father and remembering I can do ALL things through Yahshua who strenghtens me.
And Ann's writings are also an inspiration to me as well as your own and so very very many on this site. Thanks all! :)

So sorry your strenght was down today, tomarrow Will be a better day!

Aly, what is an "electric jug"?

. Gosh it's funny how we call things different names. It's a ? Electric kettle. You know you boiled water in it for your coffee or tea.:)

Well, for some odd reason, my screen jumped, and lost the most inspirational, best-written post I ever made (NOT)... seriously, this is really annoying, I was just about to post, and the whole thing disappeared! Guess someone is trying to edit me.
Sue, thanks for your PM, I emailed you regarding Friday.
Aly, how old is their son that he should get his own way? Oh well, despite the long drive, I hope you enjoy the time at the beach! Wish I could meet you there, but I think the commute would be a killer!
Notgivnup, I give you lots of credit for going on a FOUR DAY camping trip? I hope you at least had an air mattress, I'd never be able to get up off the ground. You'd be pooped even if you didn't have a neuro thing going on.
Speaking of which, my dog is totally pooped trying to keep up with me on the "rabbit" setting on my new scooter! It's so cool to go for a walk with her, and not worry about her pulling me over, or me getting too far to walk back. Thank you again CCALS! I need to get someone outside to put it up on the porch, I don't have ramps yet, and no garage.
Anne, I hope you're not still hanging around...! Unless its really comfortable, and you can do what you want to.
Jellycat, how are you doing these days? And I haven't heard from Liz, are you recuperated from your weekend yet? And Joni, I LOVE creamcicles too (how DO you spell that), especially from the ice cream trucks (the drivers were probably all convicts and pedophiles!) or at the beach.
Gotta go watch Wheel of Fortune, will check in later...
Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back