Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry, I want you to know I just "liked" your post. I couldn't resist using my questionable dexterity on THAT. I'll give Phil your greeting; he knows who you are by name.

Yes, the 26 oz. flu. Say no more...

Well that "like" is actually a good thing! A "like" that stays here in the forum is a good thing, thanks David.

So does that mean if you "Like" a post it won't show up on FB anymore? If so, I'm going to "Like" lots of things. ; )

Well I am now just plain confused. Will work it out. Rainy day here so we went to the new animated movie Rio. It was sooooo cute. I loved it. Must admit I fell asleep. but just for 5 minutes. I just cannot make it through a movie anymore. Even a lunchtime one!
Happy Birthday to Phil, Ann.

I just overheared my 3 daughter say "I really love being home, Lets stay here forever".....Groan.

Going for an afternoon nap. Its Monday here and a Public holiday as it is ANZAC day. Pity its so wet for it. The shops were closed till 12. Now everyone has gone crazy in town. No car parks. What has become of people, that they cant last half a day without shops?

Love Aly

hi all,
I am going to " like " some posts as well, just to see what happens, and because I like them as well:lol:

Cheers
Peter

When you like a post it will post to your profile page on F B. Nothing has changed. To undo the damage you need to hit the X next to the posted link on F B and hit delete post and unlike!

It's all a bit above me, probably cause I have not got facebook started. My 78 year old father has!
Aly

It's all a bit above me, probably cause I have not got facebook started. My 78 year old father has!
Aly

See the "Like" on the right side of the posts? That one won't show up on FB. And my goofy friends are "Like"ing me a Lot! :wink:

Aly, what's ANZAC day?

Kids are back in school after April vacation, yay! Too bad it's also raining... the weather was crummy nearly their whole week off.

Wish me luck, I'm going to basement to try to clear some of it out! Another Open House this coming Sunday, so lots to do...

Helen

Aly, what's ANZAC day?

Kids are back in school after April vacation, yay! Too bad it's also raining... the weather was crummy nearly their whole week off.

Wish me luck, I'm going to basement to try to clear some of it out! Another Open House this coming Sunday, so lots to do...

Helen

Hi friends, I've been quiet for a while with just too much going on. Thinking of all of you, though!
Love the cupcakes-- beautiful!
Let's see-- I've given my notice to all of my work colleagues, with a June 15 retirement date. Mixed emotions! Three projects to ifnish before then.
And I'm grappling with acceptance in the face of spring, which in the past is when I've been outside as much as i could every day-- hanging clothes (I love my clothesline!), raking garden beds, turning compost, planting, making compost, planting, dividing perennials, all that great stuff for my "second job". Last Monday two friends came and raked off my perennial beds for me, and DH and neighbors have been helping with the veg garden, and truly I am very grateful but it's hard not doing it myself. The other day I drove past the public tennis court down at our elementary school and before I knew it, thought "gee, Irina (my dau) and I will have to come down for a game of tennis soon"- then caught myself. So I have plenty to work on mentally!
Finally things are warming up here.
Hope everybody had a happy Easter!

Sue

Ah Sue, I do that quite often. "When I heal enough I'm going to....oh wait...fooie!" I need to get used to this new existence and new goals I guess!

Now that the Easter celebrations are complete, and there is some chocolate for everyone to nibble on for comfort, we should be set for awhile! We went with friends to a buffet yesterday -- not exactly easy for me to eat, but it was nice to get out and see people, not to mention, it gave Tim a day off from kitchen duty.

I took a nasty fall on Saturday evening while preparing for bed. I went into the bathroom, with walker, to brush my teeth. No lights because I can't reach the switch, and Tim had stopped to let the dog inside. I lost my balance and fell over backwards onto the bathroom floor. In the dark I saw a bright light and figured "this was the big one!" LOL

Tim came running, the dog came running and the cat jumped on the walker seat and stared at all of us. We must have looked like a scene from the Keystone Cops! I went to bed with a headache, AGAIN, but no blood and no broken bones -- I must have strong bones even if the muscles are weak, huh?

The sun is out today and I plan on rolling out on the deck while my housekeeper is here. She is ironing and can see me from the window so I am safe! She is going to make some oreo truffles for Tim! He needs some pampering. :)

Have a good day or evening , wherever you are... I love you all for being my friends.

Helen, best wishes as you clear out your basement! No falling...

And Diane, I am so sorry about your falling on Sat. night. Enjoy being outside.

Sue, your former spring activities sound very much like my own. We got a refurbished golf cart so I could ride around, back to the chickens (who were babies that first year of serious leg problems in '07)* and the veggie garden, where there were also seats along the path so Phil and I could watch the sillies or shuck corn (compost pile was there also). Just being out there, with a walking pole in the cart so I could do some degree of walking was wonderful. It is now "the good old days" for me--so I hope you'll find a way to at least be outside enjoying the weather and the new growth.

*Chickens turn 4 years old on the 30th! And the eggs just keep on coming. Their dad plans to grow tomatoes and cucumbers, which they love...9 tomato plants for 2 people and 18 chickens.

Marta, you keep making great memories, too, okay? We want to hear about them!

ANZAC day is a national holiday, shared by Australia and New Zealand. It stand for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.
It original y began to remember the groups pinned on a little beach in Gallipoli, Turkey. They ended up on the wrong beach and were pinned down for days. It was the first WW. There were fields of poppies where many Australians and NZ groups were killed. People wear poppies on the day. It's become a huge day, where wreaths are laid at the cenitaphs all over the country, and dawn services are held as the sun rises up. It has now become a day when not only the Gallipoli groups, but all groups from navy, army, and air force are remembered for serving our country.

Even the young of this country have got behind it, with hundreds goingvto turkey each year, to take part in the service at, where the Turks now call ANZAC Cove.

There you go, a little bit of history to digest. The rain is pouring down, and for once I did not get up at 5 am. I am enjoying a nice cup in bed. School holidays here, with a week to go.

Love Aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back