Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bad Balance,

I guess my only real question was aimmed at trying to have a greater understanding of what the onset of 'weakness' is characterized by and if any nerve/joint type issues accompany such.

Thanks for all the insight regarding it.

And I agree regarding the internet. Unfortunately a 7 week wait for an EMG leads one to search out answers prior to being able seek a professional one.

Again, my thanks.

And I agree regarding the internet. Unfortunately a 7 week wait for an EMG leads one to search out answers prior to being able seek a professional one.

It's not the seven week wait that's the problem here. Your inability to maintain a healthy perspective about your own health issues is the problem. The seven week delay in getting an EMG is simply your excuse for playing Internet medical sleuth, even though you know you shouldn't be doing so.

When one knows that he has health anxiety issues and that uninformed research on the Internet will simply exacerbate the anxiety without providing a context in which to rationally view the truth about the degree of his symptoms, yet he goes ahead and does that research, all the responsibility for the increased anxiety falls on that foolish individual who refuses to accept his limitations.

Additionally, the seven-week delay has given you time to devise and carry out a questionable self-testing regime, which likely is causing real physical problems, while failing to shed any light on the original problems. You may actually be causing your new symptoms because you are subjecting your body to unaccustomed (and unnecessary) stress. Instead of heeding the warnings from your body, however, you're simply lumping the warning symptoms together with your other problems and trying to shoehorn your condition into a conveniently dreadful box.

I wish you success in learning to deal with your anxiety issues. Do that and the other issues may resolve themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back