Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! Kim i hope you are enjoying your family being there with you. notgivnup glad to see you are here with us:) Aly love the pictures!, glad you are back safe and sound...expecting some pictures to be posted soon, I am so envious..lolAvril talk of apple pie sounds yummy, as I do have a sweet tooth haha. Helen it was 88 in my neck of the woods today..hot hot hot! Ann the pictures are just beautiful!
Liz i love the quote!I hope everyone has a great Easter too!

Well i am back from the shooting champs, well 2 days of the 8 day event.

It was well worth the 5 hour trip, caught up with all of the state team i coordinate, select. also caught up with many interstate shooters which was great.

On the Wednesday night they presented me with Life Membership of the association at the presentation BBQ, the first for the association, which was really an honor.

i saw some shooting on Thursday, which effected me a bit as i could, several years ago, beaten all of them, not now though.

on the way home, got caught in a traffic jam as a result of an accident, so a 5 hour trip ended up being 7.

So i am resting for a while today.

cheers
Peter

Peter, that's awesome news for you to get that award... between you and Diane, I'm feeling like I haven't accomplished much in life, no awards coming my way! Oh well, my kids will have to do!

Aly, I know what you're saying about your girls and cleaning... mine's worse than my boys, clothes all over the floor, snotty to me when I tell her to pick up after herself. She had a hissy fit tonight because I bought a soda for her brothers at the pizza place (who was with me) and didn't buy one for her (who wasn't with me)... course she spent the day at the mall with a friend, and then off to voice lessons... but nooo, I never do anything for that one! :(

Anne, has the hospice started yet? How are you feeling these days? I hope all is well with you!

Off to yell at the boys to get to bed, lucky it's spring vacation, or they'd be in trouble...

Peter, welcome home! It must be bittersweet as you were National champion earlier...at least I think you were! I know I always wanted to be on the same "side" as you on the forum follies...nothing like adventures with a pistol shooter as company! Congratulations on being the first Life Member.

Joni, it was nearly 90 here yesterday. Hot as blazes for sleeping last night, too.

Helen, the visits are still in the phase of organizing things. I'm very fatigued but expected this as the normal beginning. My aide will call tomorrow--not sure when she'll begin showering me--I hope to meet her earlier, but she's here Wednesdays and Fridays. The RN and Social Worker were here today, and yesterday my oxygen machine was delivered--planning to use it tonight. I'm so glad we've begun.

And yes, Helen, you do indeed have your children, as do Joni and Aly, which is the most important accomplishment possible...So do Liz and Diane. Hugs to all!

Ann I hope things calm down for you soon, and routine will help. This weather is crazy, cool one day, and hot the next. Probably why my sinuses are all screwed up!peter Glad you enjoyed you trip..get some much needed rest after that long drive. Helen I remember those hollering days...lol enjoy it because they grow up so fast.

Happy Happy birthday Liz! I hope you're having a good one Dear! I wish you many happy years to come. xoxo!

LOL! I think I responded to an old post. Well, I still wish you happy birthdays Liz! It's a gorgeous day here today. Wish I could go outside and enjoy it. Good day to all of you!
Marta

Oh my GOSH Ann! What beautiful sights you have in your yard! My trees are pretty young as we live in a pretty new neighborhood. I just have to imagine what they'll look like when they're all grown up like yours are! Very breathtakingly beautiful! Thanks for posting them!

P.S. Happy Easter everyone!

Aly, welcome home. Peter, what an honor for you -- and I am so glad you had such a good time. Now, both of you travelers need to rest and savor the memories!

Ann, how did the oxygen work last night? I too am ready for a calmer week ahead now that everyone has been here and the paperwork stuff is done! Oh, and thanks for the photos -- we have a mini snow squall today -- snow that is being blown horizintally before it touches the ground. Winds of 50-60 miles an hour. I figure it should be might deep when it drops in Kansas! :)

In fact if the resurection were happening in the Hills today sandals wouldn't work. Hopefully by Sunday people will have sunshine and calm for the outdoor sunrise services being planned.

Helen, any house movement?

Joni, how is the book coming along? My cookbook proof arrived in yesterday's mail so will spend today making corrections and should have the finished books by the end of next week to take to family and friends in Pennsylvania.

Happy Easter

Marta, I'm so glad you found this thread. And thanks for the picture comment--they (dogwoods) were nearly all here when the land was cleared for the house, but where we bought land from Daddy, he'd taken some of the dogwoods over to this end, lol. They and holly trees are native here.

Diane, I'm happy for you to have accomplished so much with your cookbook! It was down in the thirties last night and today is only low fifties...rain on its way.

Diane, the oxygen helped me have less of a headache when I awoke this morning. I wear earplugs, which totally covered the machine's noise, so I slept great. I had also lain down lower last night in bed. Tonight I'll raise the head of the bed more and see if the oxygen takes care of the CO2 headache completely. I have no extra energy--actually am quite depleted and very weak today. All is perfectly fine--Phil has figured out a way to hoist me while I do absolutely nothing. He's fed me and I'm back in bed...I will get some shut eye. :)

Happy Easter!

Hi All, good to hear about all of you! Anyone know what happened to the forum yesterday?

Anyway, no news on my house... but good news from my clinic today! My breathing numbers are the same (or better in one case) than they were in Feb., and it seems that I'm "stable" right now... course they don't know how unstable I really am (heh heh heh)... and I'm not talking about how I walk either. And I got a call from the Dex... clinical study folks yesterday, they emailed me a 21 page document to read, and then we can proceed to the next step. My doc thinks I'll be a prime candidate for this, especially after today's readings.

I'm so jealous of all of you who have spring (but not summer) weather already! We're getting tormented with nice day, 3 days of WIND, overcast, and raw weather. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow. Which brings me to a joke: What do they call it in New England after 2 days of rain? (Answer at the bottom)

Anne, I hope you have an AWESOME night's sleep tonight!

Answer: Monday! Because it rains every weekend!

Like the joke Helen. Good luck with the study. I wish we were doing it here, but doubt we have the numbers required in our wee little country. I am so glad your appointment with the Doc went well and you are stable. Its fantastic news indeed. Made the sun shine a little brighter today :). Its a nice weekend here. I was just going to clean up all the chestnuts that have fallen all over the driveway, but the wasps have beaten me back indoors. They seem to love the crushed nuts. I will try again this evening after they have gone to bed!
I found out the abandoned washing at the washing line, was for the same reason. Charlotte saw the wasps and fled. too afraid to return.

We have a couple of Tuis singing in the garden, they have amazing voices and are apparently good at copying sounds, like parrots. In one city a Tui was driving people nuts singing the Pizza Hut song "0800 838383". We have a couple of Pukekos in the garden as well. or should I now call them Pookies, Liz?

Ann glad your sleep was a bit better, hopefully even more improvement tonight?

Sam and I are about to try and cook some Easter cupcakes. I have got brave now that i have succeede with one batch. I will make sure I cook enough for all of you as well. Will Cyber transport them to your tables.
I have to pick my daughter up from the airport soon. Cant wait to see her. She is quite homesick, but due to the disruption to her studies with the Earthquake, she has only 5 days home insteed of 2 weeks :(. They had another big aftershock last week, which caused a bit of damage, so Christchurch is still not very safe.

Well to the oven I go. Fingers crossed XXXX
Aly

its not a joke it does rain every week end lol .... have a happy easter everyone

Helen glad your breathing is the same, Bruce's was still at 95 last week when we went. It is going to be another hot one here today. Got family coming over to eat, and hide eggs, I will be one pooped lady tonight. Have a great day friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back