Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let's keep talk of the royal wedding to a minimum..lol

Ok, pray my connection lasts. I am sitting looking out at Waikiki beach through the palm trees. It's absolutely gorgeous. I went snorkeling twice. On the first day Sam and I came face to face with a lovely green sea turtle. Lots of tropical fish and yesterday I was brave enough to go way out past the inner reef and was in heaven. Schools of brightly colored fish everywhere and crystal clear waters. Then omg a spotted moray eel swam right past my face then disappeared into a tiny hole in the coral. What a treat.

I have not read all your posts yet. I seem to be exhausted ( when not with my fish). I am thinking of you all. Kimberely I glad your long drive went well, try not to overdo things, Dianne, what can I say you wonderful women, congratulations.
Liz so happy pookie has a new home, and you haven't got rid of him yet! Ann, glad hospice stuff is getting sorted. Peter have a great time with your mates! Helen, hope you are ok. Avril, do get some sleep :).

Liz your friendship quotes are warming my soul, keep them coming.

Will soon be home and more chatty. We fly out at 11 pm tomorrow night. I miss home and my good wireless connection!
Love aly

Sounds wonderful Aly...

Hi All,

Everyone seems to be more quiet this last few days, but still need to catch up with you all! Took me a couple of pages to get through it all.

Liz, where are the quotes of the day? Been missing them...

Diane, way to go on the award! That's awesome, and have a great trip to PA. I've never taken a trip there, always wanted to see the Amish country, and to visit the section of Pittsburgh that my father grew up in. Hope the weather gets better, seems like its overcast or rainy everywhere.

Aly, sounds like the trip is going to be worth the awful length of time traveling and jet lag. Get back safely, we all miss you!

Anne, hope your hospice care FINALLY gets straightened out, and you can rest easy! Enjoy the spring.

Kim, did I read that you finally got to the clinic? I have an appt this Friday, luckily it's about 20 minutes away. I have to say that we are lucky in this area to have so many good hospitals and doctors to choose from. On a side note, I'm trying to get into the new clinical trial, one of the sites is in Boston at Mass General Hospital.

I know I'm missing a few, sorry... I keep saying that my brain is like a "steel sieve" not a steel trap. Hey Peter, enjoy your shooting get-together, just be sure that your friends are better with guns than our former vice president... he shot his hunting budding in the face a few years ago! Google "Cheney's got a gun" on UTube, it's hilarious.

Ok, my tea is getting cold, made some homemade chewy bars for the kids last night, and they're all gone... Little gluttons!

Have a great day all!

Hi, sitting in a barnes and noble while Sam drools over the books. Hope alls well. What's with the new forum format? It's terribly hard to find anything off topic. It's like it doesn't matter that folks want to have friendship and advice away from ALS chatter. It does say friendship at the top of the info. I am feeling thoroughly peeved :( . Christian threads have been buried as well :(.

I need a cup of tea! Desperately.
Aly

I'm back from Georgia with my daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandsons! Life in the house has taken on some new character!

Oh the buzz of children, how I love it. Jealous of you, no doubt my turn will come :)

Hi all, I'll have a spot of tea, thank you. .....I haven't been here in a couple of months, trying to get my head screwed on right, don't think it will happen..lol
Hey, alyoop I see you are in my part of the world! Hope your trip to Hawaii has been a good one, but next time you need to see Kauai sooo different from Oahu. Yes the fishies are beautiful here.
Welcome to all who are new here, so sorry you needed to come here but these people are so generous, helpful and loving.
My prayers go out to all who are grieving foryour loved ones who are now Dancing on the streets of gold.
It has been a bumpy ride so far, so I just hang tight, grin and bare it.
Without the rain there are no rainbows!

Todays quote " True friends are the ones who never leave your heart, even if they leave your life for awhile."

Nice quote Liz.
Now talking about things that have left, where has the 'other' subdivision in the als support groups section gone? Has it been replaced by the used equipment section or just slipped off the page or what? Now unless there's a new post in the tea thread I have to dig around my user cp to get into the thread. I guess that was what you mentioned from Hawaii Aly (nothing gets past that girl!)

Changing tack, any of you know what to do about moss in garden grass? I raked the moss up off our small patch of grass and came up with 5 bucketfuls. Now I know the birds love it for nesting but seriously I've enough there for them to build a high rise hotel! Apparently moss is on the decline in Ireland. I know why, it's all in our garden! Any suggestions?

Peter, your home sounds full of life with your daughter & grandchildren come to stay. Hope you've managed to catch up on yourself after the long trip.

Helen,I look forward to serving your cuppa when the slot machine accepts your tokens. I'll put some warm apple pie alongside it to up your sugar levels after all the frustration.

Happy Easter everyone. Just got home. :)

Attachments

• easter.jpg
    easter.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 107
  • easter-wallpaper-003-1024.jpg
    easter-wallpaper-003-1024.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 108
Welcome home Aly and happy Easter. Great to have you back safe and sound. Hope you have technicolour dreams after your long journey.

Is this thread working again? I couldn't get anything to work all day.

Jellycat, I LOVE apple pie... and the no calorie kind is even better. Can I add vanilla ice cream to it?

Aly, welcome back! Liz, I tried posting earlier (which didn't work) – thanks for your quote of the day!

I have some good news: looks like I'm going to join the clinical trial for Dexpramipexole, its in phase 3... hopefully I'll be popping (almost typed pooping, sorry! Isn't that what the original discussion on this thread was? Pooping animals?) the real thing and not a placebo for the next year. My doc at Beth Israel in Boston was very excited about the early results of this drug, and the company who came up with it was started by a man who had ALS...

How's the weather everywhere? Sunny, but very cold and as we say here in Mass., it's "wicked" windy outside! (we basically add wicked to any phrase... as it's wicked hot/cold/rainy/damp outside. Or it was a wicked good game... etc.

Welcome home Aly! Happy Easter to all.

Helen, I hope you do get into the trial and get the real deal! And, LL Bean has "Wicked Good Slippers" in their winter catalog, so I associate "Wicked Good" with New England.

Avril, dearheart, the rest of the world's moss is in our front yard, and moss thrives on acidic soil, so bomb it with lime and you should get rid of it.

Phil went on the deck and used my camera to get me pics of the back yard here--remember this is his parent's home--they used trees and shrubbery whereas I used shrubbery and flowers...but the spring view out the back door is glorious here. Click to enlarge. The white building is a barn. The far right miniature tree was grown from seed by Phil's brother, who gave us and his parents each a tree. I wanted the gnarly one and I'm sure Mom wanted the symmetrical tree, and neither of us would choose, so of course I got the symmetrical one after she (finally) decided on the gnarly.

Attachments

• 100_0408.jpg
    100_0408.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_0410.jpg
    100_0410.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_0412.jpg
    100_0412.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 113
Helen, I sat with a bigwig from Biogen Boston. He was actually working with Ms. I told him I had a friend near Boston with ALS and he told me about the promising results with Dex..... He had no details or anything, but sais it would be good if my friend got on the study, hey presto you have. I am so pleased :)

Just got back from taking doggies for a walk. They seemed very pleased. The house is deserted, obviously Charlotte is in town, cause the sofa sleeper is out. Anna must be away, just mess everywhere in her room! Washing everywhere, even a basket full wet, under the washing line. Why not ON the line? Gosh, I have not brought my girls up very well have I. No food anywhere, except the Easter eggs had been found and some consumed. Rotten veggies turned to fluid in the fridge and so I could go on and bore you all.

Had a good flight. It was an old plane, so no beds but plenty of space so slept for a few hours.
Notgvup, your country is wonderful. I had hoped to get off Oahu for a day, but it was $1000 for the 3 of us to visit another island on a tour so, maybe next time.

Ann the photos are just lovely :)

Liz, thanks for the saying. I hope all is well with you.

A big hello to all of you. I won't list everyone, but you know that I am thinking of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back