Interest in very easy cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Barry and Ann,

I try and remain somewhat true to my roots Barry. Ann I generally use whole milk yogurt although last week I had 12% fat yogurt which was really rich and creamy. The frozen raspberries sound delicious. It is a favourite fruit of mine.

I expect to head north in very early June by which time 90° here will just be a fond memory.

And Chewie is, well, Chewie. He is sleeping on his back on the couch with four feet in the air at the moment. He dozes much of the day now with the return of high temperatures and comes alive at sunset with cooler temps when I take him for a two mile run with my scooter.

John when you said it was 90 degrees, I thought it was a bit of Newfie humour <g>. I'm glad you are down enjoying the heat. Ann will be horrified with my easy dinner that I'm planning tonight. It is a hockey playoff game tonight Canucks versus the Blackhawks. All we are having is hot dogs and sauerkraut, but we will start with a big salad with poppy seed dressing.
Laurel

Good luck to your Canucks, Laurel. Sadly we have only minimal cable here so we don't get the playoffs. In desperation three weeks ago we drove to Phoenix to watch the Coyotes lose in overtime to the Avalanche. It was the only time in my life that I drove to a hockey game and the outside temperature was 102°.

John, In my mind's eye I see that cute Chewie...and I agree with him concerning heat. I hope your team wins.

Laurel, I have no problem with your dinner whatsoever. Just don't serve me canned peas, please. Phil, the cook, likes them.

Ann I agree about the canned peas. Growing up, it seems we had canned peas every night, and the thought of them still makes me queasy. I'm no fan of creamed corn for the same reason--those two vegetables (if you can call them that) were about the only vegetables we had as a kid. We were poor and had a lot of fried spam along with the canned peas and creamed corn.
Laurel

thanks for sharing a nice information.

Hey Laurel it seems we had the same diet growing up. Ahh yes, fried Spam, an epicurian delight.

AL.

Fried spam...remember it well. And fish sticks.

Ah yes Ann--I forgot the fish sticks! What about tins of corned beef? That was the other staple in our diet. Al, I think we actually liked the fried Spam as kids <g>. Better than the moose meat that my dad tried to palm off as beef.
Laurel

Laurel, I think this analysis explains why I loved to cook! My mother did not--and returned to nursing 3-11 shift when I was thirteen, which is when I became the cook. What do you charge per hour for psychoanalysis?

Fried Spam pancakes. Also, fried bologna pancakes. Really good with all that syrup! LOL You eat what is available! We thought it was great, as kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back