Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane, many changes seem to be happening within the forum. I don't think you offended anyone.

I honestly don't know if Hospice will be taking me on! Without a doctor ordering it, insurance won't pay. I feel a bit like Alice in Wonderland, but calm now... What will be will be.

The clinic nurse-coordinator called saying that my ALSA coordinator couldn't make headway with the neuro office either. Just to keep this straight, it was the neuro who told Teri he'd okay hospice for me. Now the clinic nurse is trying to get the pulmonary doc to sign off on hospice...but on Feb 3, my last visit, Phil and he discussed how I'd live for more than 6 months, and therefore won't begin hospice. I realize Phil doesn't like the implications, but his discussion two months ago may have blocked that path. And while I've lost a lot of strength in the last two months, I don't want to go to clinic, where this neuro charges emergency rates to talk about his family the whole time... Sure do wish they'd take my word for it. I don't know how long I have, and neither does the doctor; it's simply the way insurance requires admittance to hospice.

It's 75 here today with 80 forecast for Wednesday, and then dropping again. Wish I could send you some heat, Diane!

My primary care doc sees patients now only on Saturdays...and we had our last conversation in '09.

Breaking news...the Clinic coordinator has the script from the Neuro written last week, and is going to send it to Hospice herself. Ha--and she said their office was "nasty". I could kiss her.

Last edited:
Yippee! Ann, you should be all set once the nurse turns the script in to Hospice. Tim reminds me that I AM going to live longer than six months but in front of the doctors we aren't so vocal! :) The gal that filled out the paperwork to enroll me said they have a doc evaluate me at 60 days and again at 90 days and then can renew me every twop months without a doc's orders. The doctor is a Hospice doctor and not my doctor. I imagine that they are trying to keep people on the program as long as possible -- afterall, it is profitable. :) Look at it like I am -- I am helping the workforce by keeping people employed to take care of me at a cost cheaper than a nursing home.

Now, ladies and gentleman -- an announcement... drum roll, please....rat-a tat-tat..

Tim just had a call from our Chamber of Commerce and their annual spring fling is May 12 (we will be in Pennsylvania). They told him they want to honor me at the banquet by giving me The Outstanding Mile Award for spearheading community projects that make a difference. WOW! Since I won't be present to recieve the honor and be surprised -- Tim told me. :) Now I need to have someone accept it ifor me in abstentia -- better than posthumously, I suppose.LOL Maybe this will be an opportune time to see if my son will step in on my behalf.

Still snowing - friends coming in for dinner this evening so think it is nap time.

Thanks for listening to me brag - I know humility is something I need to work on. :)

Way to go, Diane! You've already walked the Outstanding Mile. I'm so proud of you--smooch! And a hug! I hope your son will do the honors on your behalf.

Hospice reported to the Clinic they will expect to be here tomorrow at 1. I know our hospice doc--an oncologist who took care of Phil's mother. I can't imagine how he'd be able to guess at my needs--but I do like your take on this, Diane.

Congratulations on your award! Hope your nap is good and the evening is also.

YAY DIANE! So very happy for you. you deserve it, and more.
not too talkative tonight, ladies, as we've lost another family member- Phil M.

I miss my Aly...

Hi Girls,

i will be away from the forum for a couple of days or so.

i am being taken to the national shooting champs to catch up with a lot of friends i gained from competing in them for 20 years.
Only a couple of people know that i will be there so it will be a surprise for most.
I still do a lot of behind the scenes work for the shooting movement but alas no shooting. :cry::cry:

cheers
Peter

i would helen .. love the recipie

Hi Peter,

Enjoy being at the shooting champs! I hope you have a great time with your friends...I'm glad you'll be able to do this.

Ann

Hey everyone, been feeling a little under the weather, but hope evrone is doing ok! Love to all:)

Joni, I hope you feel much better soon! Yes, this thread has been quiet. I hope Aly's having a blast, and all others are doing well.

Hi there,

Dianne, that is just BRILLIANT, so glad for you, and hope your son turns up trumps to represent you. Yes, I miss Aly too but hey she is having a good time and living it up, at least I do hope do. From first class lounge to only other first class experiences I hope. And Peter, I am so glad you are going to the shooting champs. Can't wait to hear about the look of joy on their faces when your pals see you there. Ann, have they been yet? Joni, sorry you're under the weather. My mum has had a bladder & bowel reaction to a new drug. Suffice to say I am not a pretty sight on toilet duty every 3 hours. I feel your pain, as they say. And Liz, how's Pookie doing, is he (she?) bringing cheer? Momofsixkids, are you needing a cuppa yet? Hugs to the rest of ye not mentioned....yet.

Peter, I am betting your buddies are going to be delighted to see you at their event -- whether with gun or without! Have fun and stay out of their line of fire! :)

Hey ladies and guys,
Well, O made it to Mayrland sage and sopind and in omne piece! Saw Grandmfother on rehab. Shje looks good but has bolood clot in leg. Will cone homne on Eastrer for day passd. Had a phomne call from Courtmney todfay..her fiamce James was involvef in a head omn collisoin. Jaw of lige were used to gret his aunmt and cousinm outr of other vehicle. Brolken bones and cutrs anmd bruides but al;l wi;ll survice. Can anyone give me sopme good news for onmce. I am tiredf of al;l the bad newsd.
KLimberluy

KJust ;ooked at posts wee hee Dianne, Iasked gfor gopd news an I sere you gace it to us. Ann goofgd for youi on hos;oice. Avril I nerd sp,methigfn strpnger tjhan tea.. 550 miles from home amnd heare of troubles dfrom the phone. Met my #3 gramndson wo isd 8 mos old. MNeed for pivcs to be taklen! Love to al;. Tallk to youi soom! Kim,berluy

Kim we all need some good news don't we. Ok people let's smile. hold our chins up, and get ready for some hot toddies. What shall we have tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back