Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen, my what a family group you have. Do they rent out? :)

I'm sure they would if you were a tad closer! :)

Thanks Ladies, I'm getting confronted today with this stuff with phone calls of stuff I need to think about, but don't feel like at the moment... time to go and pick up my son from middle school, because I can still drive just fine, and its actually sunny out. I'm feeling a bit teary right now.

Then more tea. Too bad I don't have any Bailey's to put into it!

Helen

If you had the Baileys think it might go better with tea or hot chocolate. Here's a funny fact about Baileys. It was created here because we simply had too many cows producing too much milk which was creating a mountain of dairy products. Some enterprising folk went looking for an alternative dairy product. Trust us Irish to make sure it's alcoholic!

Helen, hope your day is picking up.

I meant to say coffee, not tea. Obviously a slip of the tongue given the thread

Funny, as soon as I posted I realized that it probably wouldn't go too well with the tea... and since I don't drink coffee, guess I'll stick with the Bailey's and Hot Chocolate! Yum...

Thanks Jellycat, my day is going a bit better... I felt better as soon as I got outside for a few minutes, should have done it sooner.

(Figures it was the Irish girl who picked up on the Bailey's!) :)

Helen, your family is wonderful! Glad your spirits were raised...by fresh air and by Bailey's!

Helen. hope the teary eyes are dry after your Bailey's and chocolaye. :) Maybe your friends and family's efforts will pay off soon.

I told my housekeeper to contact our handyman and while Tim and I are on our trip in May she should have him come in and take care of all the fix-up stuff that has been on the "To Do List" since fall. Tim is never going to get it done before guests start coming and I don't want a bunch of people (RE ALTORS) coming thru without the work done.

I took a long nap this afternoon and woke when I smelled dinner. Fish and fried zuchinni with a fresh peapod and orange salad. Suppose the fact that Tim is a good cook ,and makes sure I eat healthy, makes up for his not getting to the "To Do List". LOL

Aly, interesting story about the birth of Bailey's! I don't drink milk, never have liked it, but I Love Bailey's on ice. :)

Helen, I too want a family like yours. Can I return mine and get a new one? The return desk at Wal-Mart won't give me one here. I do pray that you and Dianne can sell your homes quickly and get in a new one.
And Avril, I don't like milk but would be willing to try the Bailey's. But I am afraid one drink would have me under the table. Can you be arrested for driving under the influence in a wheelchair? I knnow people do when it;s a lawnmower.
I think I am going to brave it and drive up to Maryland on Sundsay. Matt and Grayson want to go so I am game for it. I lknow I can make it I hjust hope my van does! So, if anyone is driving along the I85 to I95 towards Maryland and I am on the side of the road don't pick me up, just shoot me.

And Dianne, can I borrow Tim? A man that workds with his hands and can coolk. That's the best of both worklds!

Kim, I'm glad you're going to the general vicinity of Johns Hopkins tomorrow--I hope the visit with family goes well and no one drives you nuts. I'm very glad this trip is by van and not by wheelchair. I have an urge to tell you to go to Hopkins' ER and sign in.

Thank you all for your notes, much appreciated. Life is actually very good, but crazed around here. Got ahold of Ron Hoffman from CCCALS on the Cape here, and I think he's got a scooter "with my name on it"... lucky for me, I don't have a different name! Kidding...

Why does it seem that most of my posts revolve around drinking (which I rarely do) or treats? Hmmm, has to be some psychological twist to that? I didn't actually ever have the Bailey's as I don't even keep much alcohol in the house (hubby is 7+ years in AA), but I can tell you a wonderful drink with Bailey's Irish Cream. Kahlua, Amarreto and Bailey's make a Toasted Almond. Or layer Vodka (bottom), Kahlua (middle) and Baileys (top layer)... and I can't think of the name of that drink!

Kim, good lucky at John Hopkins... if anyone's in the Boston area, let me know!

Helen

My Dear Sweet Ann,
Oh I probably would try to do something like that; but I would have my family with me. The other would be because of the cost issue. My insurance would be out of network so I wouls have to payu the dirfference. And, for me going to Emory, they can't get me in the omputer; some kind of glitch. It won't take my insurance info, so I ocntacted the Charleston offive where Ken went to and waiting for appt from them. If no answers, then I will try Emory again. I am acturally tired of going to dr's and thought just to forget the whole thing. Just ytiered of going and spending money with no asnwers. I guerss I have gibem up. How dis hospive go? Were you pleaased? I can't wait til you get taht first massage!
Kimberly

Helen,
Im not going to Hopkins but Ann had a good idea. Got to the ER and aske to be seen that way....but I know my family wouldn
t leavbe me alone and go with me. Don't get me wrong; I lovbe my gfamily, but cannoty stand it wehn they want to be in my bvusiness.
Has anyone heard frfom Aly? I gfiess she's havbing to much fun! Luckuy her.
Kimnberly

Oh Kim, so hard to get answers. I know your health system & ours is different but that's how my mum finally got her diagnosis. We presented at ER & wouldn't move. After 24 hours they admitted her onto neurological ward for the full battery of tests. A week later we had answers.

Avril, the lst time I went to the ER I sart therte for 12 hours and not habe one neruologist see me. Just thr ER docvtor. Whjat a warte of my money. I hope to get to thre Charleston Clinicv which is abouty 3 hours away. Bnut like I saod I'm tired of goingf and not egetting any answers. Maybe the unknown is the plavce for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back