Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be lonely. We love you.

I know you all do! but sometimes no one is on here, and i want to talk... so i do!

I know. Time zones can be funny like that. I've noticed that when it's Saturday evening with us, there's very few new threads & less folks around. Makes me wonder what everyone gets up to on a Saturday night...?! No, don't answer that!

so right now it is 6:20pm on thurday night. what time and day is it by you avril?

It's now 22 minutes after midnight here

Oh yeah...now Friday morning I guess, though still feels like Thursday night. Too late to get an early night in now.

what in the world are you doing up?

Exactly! Mad woman that I am! I usually pop in when I've gotten as far as my room & am ready for bed. So that's it now. Time to hit the hay. See you over a cuppa tomorrow.

goodnite my dear. sleep well and all that.

Avril, I'm 6 hours behind you... so on your Saturday nights, some of us are napping. Are you excited? ;-)

Avril,
I am so far ahead of you that now it is almost midday on Friday, Aly is a couple of hours ahead of me so she is about 2 pm.

So we know what is happening before you do :lol:
cheers
Peter

Ann- can't contain the excitement.....now I know why it's all happening on a Saturday while I'm sleeping!
Peter- I like it. Now I know who to visit to read my future!

Friends are like bras:
close to your heart and there for support.

Have a good day my friends

Except I've always hated bras, they are a necessary evil! And my friends are amazing!

A few of my friends (and 2 of my brothers, one of my sister-in-laws) came out in force to help me clean my house to get it on the market... Theresa was standing on my kitchen counter scrubbing them down (not that they were that dirty, but the tops were dusty with this old house), sanding and cleaning. Diane came twice to lug furniture, clean windows, floors, corners, etc. Mary couldn't come, so she sent food over 2 Saturdays in a row... and she's a great cook. Homemade cheese lasagna, nice big salad and brownies the first one were incredible. My old roommate, Wendy, has come over 3 Saturdays in a row to help me out, and others have said though they can't come the weekends I was doing this, they offered help in other ways. And my amazing brothers Dick, John and my sister-in-law Chris who also has come over to help twice, and sent food over another day. My brother Dick came up from Cape Cod (about 1 1/2 hour drive off season, 4 hours in season), with all the painting gear, drop cloths, etc that we needed to go through and touch up everything that needed it. Well almost everything. John and Dick were here for almost 12 hours a couple of Sundays ago, sanded and poly'd my front stairs (I have 2 staircases in this house, 16 on each), sanded and painted rails, trim, walls, and more. Everyone is so busy this time of year, it is an incredible gift of time and energy.

As bad as ALS can be, there are blessings to see the love come from others.

And the blessings that you all bring to me on this forum as well... I look forward to reading about your lives, even if I'm not always writing anything that day.

Have a great day folks!

Helen, you have amazing family & friends. I feel warmed reading about the house party. Thanks for sharing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back