Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz, I hope your PALS has his dynavox and can use it. Hoping his kids respond... I'm glad you have a bed now to sleep on! And, making note of all the good things that happen makes you see more good things, resulting in a "glass half full". Hope today is another sunny, nice day where you live!

And that whistling sound made on the computer? I think you have to put a disk into the computer of whistling, hahaha. :)

You could always play the theme song from the Andy Griffith show for the whistling!

Liz, why no bed for so long? Do you do the overnights with your PALS?

Today is a glass half full day, bright and sunny out, need to go to the bank and run some errands. Went to the MDS ALS meeting last night, only 3 of us PALS there. One has had it since 2004, the other since 2009, both still very active. Had some good info for me as well. Guess I better start filling out more forms!

Another house came on the market today that would be the PERFECT layout for me, but is about $130K too much money... I need to win the lottery, and then just fix my house and end all this moving stuff. Or just move on!

But, the glass is still half full!

Helen, you are quick... the Any Griffith Show's whistling. Ahhh, life was simple then, wasn't it? I'm glad your meeting last night was helpful--and hope your house is perfect for someone coming along soon.... just takes one, right?

I hope your taxes are finished soon... well, tomorrow is the day, gulp.

Have a productive and happy day...Blue skies...

When we got home from Rapid last evening, all the snow was melted! This morning there is two inches on the ground and still coming down. Enough already, I say.

This is typical spring -spring teases us and then it is summer full blast.

Good-bye this morning to the Compassionate care hospice, hello this afternoon to the new hospice from Rapid City.

My diagnoses was confirmed by the pulmonoligist - now on bipap and oxygen as needed during the day as well as bedtime. Wasted trip except that I got a trip to my favorite Chinese restaurant.

Helen, I am at the point that I just want to either stay here with closing the B&B or sell soon and move on. Limbo is no fun.

Liz, keep the glass half full - with a good strong drink and ice!

I hope the oxygen during the day helps you a lot, Diane. I also hope the new hospice is great--and you're very pleased with them. I am waiting for a call...saying it's the day to begin.

Diane, you are right about ending this time of waiting. Peace without ups and downs is a good goal.

Diane, I know what you mean, I just want the moving crap to be over, sell the house and move on to a smaller one. The one we like alot last week is now officially on the market, and I didn't get a chance to have her exclude me on the list. But its on for almost the same amount we agreed on, so they'll be getting less from the realtor. More snow there? Wow, its finally all gone here (except for a dirty little patch under pine trees every so often)

Anne, the taxes are not due until Monday... couldn't figure out why on the federal, I know sometimes we have a delay here in Mass. because the 15th sometimes is Patriots' Day... otherwise known as the day Lexington and Concord started the Revolutionary War. Its also a big day at Fenway Park with the Red Sox, and the Boston Marathon, which starts the next town over from me! But I guess Saturday is Evacuation Day in Washington DC, which makes the holiday on Friday, which makes the taxes due on Monday for federal. And Tuesday for the state taxes here in Mass, 'cause that's also a holiday here. Not that anyone gets to take it off as one. Got that?

I'm filling out the SSDI form, have to figure out how to do it! Should have done it already, but I feel fine until I get up to try to walk somewhere and then teeter and wobble and lurch my way around. And there's not much to grab onto anymore since I cleared out my house for the Open House! :)

Glass half full!

Helen, anyone who can keep track of all the holidays and their repercussions or lack thereof and also know what that does to tax day will have no problem with the SSDI form. I'm impressed!

I hope your house sells very soon and meanwhile you find things to hold onto. I remember holding onto walls...

Hello ladies & gentlemen,
so glad to hear of glass half full. I'm on that kind of day too. Just in from work. I only work 3 hours once a week (for no pay I might add but with promise of new contract when I'm available again so can't complain) which sounds so small but feels like such a big achievement. I'm always a bit relieved too to get home. My mum's sister stays with her while I am out. This is a God-send to me as she is the only really regular visitor mum has but it has a few little down sides. Sister doesn't do anything mechanical or medical so pills, suction, peg or toilet are out of the question when I'm not here. Though mum & I have a little system down to a fine art I'm always grateful that no calamity has fallen in my absence.

Dianne, glad to hear the dr agreed with your diagnosed and that you got a good meal out of it. I hope the oxygen makes you more comfortable. You and Helen both trying to sell your places. It's not easy. I keep hoping for a buyer for you. This limbo thing is hard. We have been so incredibly lucky on that front. My parents moved house when they retired. It's a new build so doorways are really wide and apart from the upstairs there is only one step in the entire place. I am so grateful for that. Though we don't have a bathroom downstairs it hasn't stopped us from maximising the place for our needs now.

Now I'm rambling...must go but before I do, one question: Liz, why would you want your computor to whistle? I lost the plot there! Oh and Ann, hope the wait is over & they've been...

I'm sure to have missed many posts, cause you ladies are prolific! Love to all

Ps hate how als gets put in front of the word diagnosed. Sorry Dianne

Did it again even though I abbreviated the d word!

Avril- LOL. it was just one of those times where I felt like talking with people and no one was around. so I wanted it to be as if I was standing there with my hands in my pockets rocking back and forth, whistling a tune!
I dont know where this stuff comes from.

Ann- we never did get the dynavox for my PALS. Things got crazy and it was put aside. He is having me write down what he wants to say and then we will either email or send a letter out. I hope it works too. Its all very heartwrenching.

Helen- So why no bed? Thats complicated. Some of the time, I didnt want to share my bed. Some of the time I went thru a thing where I wanted to be near the front door of the house. Some of the time my then boyfriend snored like a truck driver- cuz he was one...
Lots of reasons. Now I think my spine is all goofy becuz when I layed on the bed last night, it hurt me. my lower back felt really unsupported and made my hips hurt. Not so much fun.
But I will keep trying. Its nice to have my own space again.

Diane- the strong drink sounds good... Im going up to visit my sister soon in Green Bay for her 30th birthday party. And its Hawaiian themed. So that should be really fun and i bet i will keep my glass at least half full with yummy tropical drinks all night!
Do you have any experience wearing a Sarong? Im a little nervous.

ALY- Guess what girl? My Pukeko came today! And I LOVE the hell out of him! I think this may be my favorite little gift ever.
And oh- I absolutely LOVE the sound it makes too! My cat wants to eat it... What shall I call him? I need some cool NZ names!
Sipping some Mai Tai's or what? At least i have a hawaiian party to go to- that counts doesnt it?

Ah I get the whistling now. Thanks. That poor spine of yours sounds like it's taken a bit of a battering. Either that or your new bed is rock hard, hope not. A real live Pukeko? Not a NZ name but how about Pookie?

No its not a real live one. its a stuffed animal that makes realistic sounds.
its funny you say pookie- i call people pookie all the time

I have a friend who calls me that but she's the only one I've ever heard use the word. Maybe you could get the bird to whistle?

good idea, Avril! Now when i am lonely on here, i can just give my new Pukeko, Pookie a squeeze!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back