Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aly, may the skies be bright and friendly, and the trip delightful!

Diane, I'm thinking about those massages...hoping I have enough self control to wait until it's offered! I'm guessing you will go and let the Pulmonologist give you a second opinion ;-) and I hope the oxygen does give you a lot more energy and strength... and a slower pulse.

Helen and Joni, hello! Our weather is approximately midway between you two. Cloudy, misty and about 60 here.

Liz, I can't pull the proverb out, but there is one...better the slap (?) of a friend than the kisses of an enemy. I like the Oscar Wilde quote.

My dear friend who cleans (Linda!) brought a neat bulgur salad with fruit to have tonight with the leftover chicken. I'm back in bed, but since Linda grew up with one of my caregiver friends and also knows the other, we had a little party while I ate lunch. I feel so spoiled.

Ann- YAY! I love it when PALS feel spoiled. Makes my heart warm. And fuzzy...

Aly- you on that plane yet? taking a bit of a nap are we? ohhhh. you and your first class hoity toity-ness. LOL
Im just kidding. Im so very happy for you too!

Huh, sitting in the hoity toity lounge, drinking long blacks with free food everywhere:( not eating it tho.SAMs having a ball, and fresh scones and jam have just arrived. The lounge here in Auckland is very posh indeed.
Ann glad you are being spoilt and loved the proverb. Leaving in about an hour

Aloha
Aly

oh im just so jealous of you! Hope you have a blast because you deserve nothing less.

Hi there Aly. Even the lounge sounds great. Might just get in there with my best wishes for a safe flight before Sam finishes off the scones. As the old Irish proverb goes 'may the wind be always at your back...' Well since Liz did bring up Oscar Wilde & it seems to be proverb night. I really got a laugh out of that front stabbing Liz.

Then there's all this talk of weather. Dianne SNOW! Is that normal in your neck of the woods for this time of year? Helen & Joni I shall have to get a grip on how to convert farenheit into Celsius. You are talking Farenheit temps? Here it was cooler today & wet on and off. Much more like the norm for this time of year. We had been having sun & temps of 15-18C the last couple of weeks which is lovely but more like our summer time temperatures. The days are really lengthening out now. It was still really bright at 8pm this eve. I love that.

Dianne, hope the journey wasn't too tough with the snow & that the pulmonary visit went ok. Ann-spoiled sounds good!

"One is the lonliest number that you'll ever do...."
"All by myse-eeeelllf. Dont wanna be, all by myyyyyssseeellllfff ANYMOOOOORRRREEEE!"

Maybe my singing will attract my friends. You ladies like how i serenade you?

Aly, Blue Skies nothing but blue skies...Send us a postcard! Have fun and enjoy yourself for me and Liz and Ann and Dianne and Joni and Sue and Laurel Did I leave anyone out?
And the test wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She said no blockages and I don't know what was better barium laced cookie or the fruit cocktail au joir (not sure of spelling) slathered with barium. She said she would send the report over tomorrow am. I said why bother he's not there til next month. Poor thing, spending all that time inHawaii. And on my dollar!
And Dianne, if I could take the snow away from you I would. I think someone forgot to tell GOD that its spring here. And good luck with the appt. and like you said we know our bodies ebetter than anyone, we should charge them to have a look see.
And Ann, if you happen to get a gorgeous hunk of a man to do your massages send him down my way. I just read an article while waiting today at hospoital that was only $39.00 for the first appt. I might just try that.
Liz an updatr on your father? My graandmother is doing really well. She walks with a walker about 10 feet or so. Not bad for someone who ius 95 abd just broke her hip! She could probably beat me to the bathroom.
And I guess I am not going to Emory because there seems to be a little problem with my insurance. And they can't see me; the computer spits me out when she gets to it. The lady has tried since Frieday to put the info in. I will call MDA tomorrow and see if they can get me into the Charleston one. My life sucks! I am actueally tired of going to drs. I think I will just forget everything and live my life the best way I can.

It's evening here in Chicago. Had one day of 85 degrees and the next day it was in the 40's. Or so I am told. Everyone sounds busy and there are travelers! My family is still here. My sister from Alaska came for 2 weeks, and in her second week here my mom, sister and brother arrived from Oregon. Dad came in from Arizona for a couple days. Brother left this morning and Mom and Oregon sister leave Friday, with daughter and her family coming in on Friday from Kentucky. They will be here for a week and Alaska sister returns for another week when daughter et al leaves. Whew! All I know for sure is that someone will be here to bring me Ensure and get me to the commode.

Last Sunday evening we celebrated mass in our home. Both of our parish priests were here and about 12 others from church. They moved my bed to the doorway of my bedroom, and everyone else was in the living room. It was wonderful.

And that is what I've been up to. I'm not nearly as active as everyone else, it seems. That's okay. They always told me that I lived 90 seconds in every minute, so I am due for some down time. A restful night/day to all.

Pam, sounds great--I know it's really special to have your Mom, siblings and soon your daughter and family all coming from so far, to see and spend real time with you. Golly, have you found an Italian version of Ensure, or are you making do, Pam?

Aly, I hope Sam got some scones...yum. We're with you in spirit, heading out...leaving on a jet plane...Send Kim's doctor back, though, since he hasn't finished work yet.

Liz, I hear you. Are you tucked away at home? Is your daughter with you? You two can dance to some music together!

Kim, I am so proud of you, swallowing successfully! No blockages is good. Wish you had an answer, but... more waiting.

Ann what is a bulgar salad? I so wish I could have a lotion massage, heck any kind would be good. Aly you could have just snuck me in your baggage since I have never been to Hawaai. I hope you and your first class butt have a great time. Avril I don't know the difference in your tempature and mine, but I have always wanted to come to Ireland too! I bet it is beautiful there! Tell mum hey for me. pam it sounds like you had a wonderful time, so glad for you:) Kim what is the problem with your insurance and Emory? Are you on medicare? We are all here for each other, and I am sorry if you are having a bad day. How about a group ((HUG))

Ann- yes my daughter is with me. she is, however ten going on 14 and would rather play basketball across the street with the neighborhood kids... pooooo.
Speaking of poo- got some on my pants. How nice. And no, its not mine!

So very proud of my PALS. He has decided to take an active approach in reaching out to his kids and communicating with them. this is new for them and he is so scared to do it. he is afraid they will reject him. thing is, they already have, so there really isnt going to be much of a loss if they get pissed. Im just so glad he is doing this.

well, gotta run. roomy needs the computer.
love u all

Liz did he evr get his dynavox? i been meaning to ask you.

i tend to have a hard time not concentrating on negative things.
when a new idea is brought up, i always think the bad things first.
this is what being a pessimest is, right?
I do, however, try to be really gratful for simple things. and tonight i thought of a couple things
that i just love and wanted to share them with you.

1. The smell of a fresh rainfall. right when it starts. not after its been raining forever and it smells like worms. Not sure if you folks that live in big cities know what I mean- does it smell the same there? Someone needs to find these things out.

2. I absolutely truly love it when its a a warm sunny day in the early spring. And you just get off work and have 35 miles to drive home, but you dont mind cuz you have the windows down and the wind is blowing. then the perfect song comes on and you turn it up. Eventually you are full out singing at the top of your lungs... then you notice you are now cruising at a cool 80mph... and its perfect.
where I live, its country roads everywhere. I go thru a few small towns here and there. so its beautiful scenery.

Sidenote: And this is a good one... who to thank for this one?...
When i was cruising home, at this moment i was still speeding, but not the above posted 80. More like 10 over. This kid is behind me and all of a sudden he decides to fly past me... Ok Ok. I dont care, Im singing a song here!
Then, out of the blue- sure shit I see blueberries and cherries! And he's just flying up on me. I quick pull over, a little scared it may be for me... but he goes by. I know right away that he's after the kid. Statey's are kinda jerks around here but this particular trooper came out of nowhere! Well I get about two miles up the road and yup. There they sit on the side of the road.

I continued to sing my song and I waved as I drove past...

Dont you just love little things like these?

oh i forgot
i get to sleep in a bed for the first time in like 2 years or something.
actually for the last 7 or 8 years ive spend probably 99% of my nights sleeping on couches.
so this is new.

how do i make a whistling sound on the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back