Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Liz, the storms never arrived! Guess we're getting them tomorrow...

I just made some chocolate chip chewy bars, as I finally got to the store today to buy the honey... different recipe than I have made before, I hope I like these better, those tended to get too dry. And I had to substitute 2 cups of chocolate rice crispies that the kids won't eat (from a brand new box no less) for 2 cups of oatmeal as I ran out of that! I'll send you all some, don't worry, there won't be any calories, and they'll be easy to eat.

I HATE TAX time, I need to finish mine, and I owe thousands of dollars that I don't have! Used to be ok when I filed my taxes with hubby, but since I never see any of his income, and most of it has been unemployment for the last few years, I got doubled scr####. Thank you for all your good karma for selling my house, my sister-in-law told me to do some reikki on it before the next person looks at it. Anything that works.

Kim, keep checking craig's list for a Nikken mattress pad, I got 2 on freecycle and one on craigs list. Also, think about starting off with the seat cushion, and put a pillow case on it... it's portable so you can take it anywhere you go. I wouldn't put a heated mattress pad over it, but they also sell a comforter with far infrared threads in it that regulate your body temperature. Again, too expensive, but start with trying their socks... I currently use the socks (only have one pair unfortunately), the seat cushion, which is currently under my butt, back pad (also great for menstral cramps), broke the necklace from wearing it out, and broke the wrist brace after years... oh, and the back roller (great to get rid of sciatica, it sort of numbs the area), and insoles that you put in your shoes. I would sell the stuff if it weren't so expensive! I'm definitely a magnet girl.

Aly- Im watching the show The Biggest Loser. Do you have that there? Its a show where morbidly obese people work out for 8 hours a day and try to get thin and hot.
Well, tonight they are in NZ! And now I want to go even more! Im not sure what city they were in, but they said it has the tallest building in the southern hemisphere and they jumped the hell right off it! Looks like fun.
Which reminds me, Im going skydiving soon- this summer for sure. Very excited about that. It will be my first time on a plane- and I will promptly jump off of it. Am I nuts or what?

Joni- glad you found your way back. I know all about those daily brain farts. hehe

Joni, you were missed. And Liz, I like your quote. To your PALS, you are the world.

Sue, honestly, the cat being mad and pooping... and your stepping on it cracked me up. I've always lived barefoot in the house, and had many surprises. Cats can be intensely jealous. My former boy, who loved Phil as well as me (actually went back and forth dividing his time between our laps in the evening) never pooped out of jealousy, but scared the lab dog as well as the other cat if they came near me. The dog lived under the coffee table in front of me, the other cat on a separate chair and Marco spread himself over me. If the dog raised her head toward me, Marco batted her nose.

Kim, the fence was picket, with simple points on top...

Ow, Ann big OWWW! I had my first love (our dog) when I was about 8. Just a good old mutt who we named Peppy. She died of distemper, that was before the shots. Then we got the cutest german shepherd, a fawn color with the black accents. She looked like she had make-up on. And then came the cats. We had a lot of cats! At one point we probably had 20 or so cats. When I got older, I was given a Russian Blue. I named her Stormy Weather. I had her before my oldest son was born. She was one that wouldn't use the cat box if I forgot to clean it out everyday! She left me daily reminders. She died when I was pregnant with Lindsay. She died of lung cancer. How she got lung cancer I'll never know. I actually told the vet that she didn't smoke. She just looked at me: I was serious! Animals have come and gone since then but I don't have any affection for them like I used to. Sort of like kids, they're cute as can be as babies and then they grow up! I'm sorry, I had to put that one in.
Helen, you're funny. I like the way you just change a recipe to fit what you have available. My MIL did this to a cake recipe of my mother's and it didn't turn out. She accused my mother of forgetting something. And Helen, I am waiting for the day the IRS comes and takes me or Ben away. He doesn't owe, he just doesn't do them.
Liz, that show used to be for just overweight people. Now it's only for the morbidly obese. I wished they would go back to the beginning when they weren't so large.
Dianne, I am so sorry you fell. I must have had a brain fart and missed that message.

Oh and Ladies, Swallow Study tomorrow. I hope I can swallow it.

Kim good luck with the swallow study tomorrow, we go back to Emory friday, and I am not looking forward to this trip. Hope all of you have a good night.

yes kim. good luck. i soooo badly wanted to crack a dirty joke on that last comment, but i thought it thru... wow. i must be growing up. or getting old.
in all seriousness though, i really do hope you pass with flying colors!

Joni- why arent you looking forward to it? Does Bruce still not know much about the disease?

We are ladies, love chatting, so the verbal diarhoea was inevitable. Kimberely the peoples skin turned red! You have all been so chatty that I to have fallen behind while at my meeting! 4 hours of MS information and adverse event reporting. Ugh! well I really enjoyed it. Learnt heaps.
I have not eaten all day, so heads pounding. I just cancelled guitar lessons , cause I don't want to go out again! I am sounding stupid sorry.
Liz I love that quote. It's very special and very true. I am curling up with my coffee and signing out for a bit. Love those animal stories by the way
Aly
Ok I missed a whole page when writing this! Best of luck with the swallow study kimberely. Enjoy the yummy food they give you :)

Liz we have the biggest loser and that episode is on tonight here as well, they are in Auckland I believe. Where I will be heading tomorrow.,

Kim, good luck on the swallow study today

Kim, Hope you swallow with no problem.:shock: Pretend you're one of your children. Be stern!

G'mornin Ladies
I think I may have just found my favorite quote in my little friendship book
"True friends stab you in the front"- Oscar Wilde

Hope you all have a great day. Im off to my PALS to get him ready for the day. Will check in later.

Good morning Liz, and everyone else. Sunny here today mid seventies. Thank God for this beautiful weather.

Joni, I could use some of that weather, cold, raw and rainy here... 41° wouldn't be bad if the sun were out! I feel like going back to bed, but I can't... though I'm not getting any work done by being on this forum either.

What looked like spring yesterday, looks like winter this morning. Six inches of snow fell after I went to bed last night and it is still snowing! URRRRGH....

We are going into Rapid City for an appointment with the pulmonoligist this afternoon. I am anticipating full time oxygin will be his Rx. I can't seem to get my levels over 85 even with the bipap and oxygen at night. And, of course that means the pulse rate is running in the 90's even at rest. No wonder I am tired and weak and falling. Now that I have self diagnosed, guess I could skip the appointment! LOL

I will fill up on your brownies and tea and read till it is time to hit the road.

Ann, so glad to know you are starting hospice -- you will no doubt be pampered and rest more comfortably. Be sure you take full advantage of the lotion massages -- they really make me feel taller and less bent over. :)

Liz, sky diving -- noway! I had a friend who said it was more thrilling than an orgasm but I'll stick to the real thing! Much safer.

Joni, do come around the table more -- you were missed.

Aly - suppose you have left on holiday -- have fun.

Best of luck to you to Dianne. Hope your doctor agrees with your diagnosis:) . I am just about to get up and hit the road. Was too tired last night to fill my car so sent Anna out. She's not used to my V8 so was a bit worried. She got back and couldn't believe it cost $110 to fill the tank( wasn't even empty). Fuel herevis sooooexpensive at the moment. I really should not drive a car with such a huge engine. I didn't like to tell her that it doesn't last a week!
Ok out of bed and finish the last of my packing. I leave in 1 hour. Have a lovely day y'all
Aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back