My First Post: ALS NOVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Renitius,

I am so very sorry you and your family are headed down this path. As Ann and others have said, there is a wealth of information here. We are all here to support each other, CALS (caregivers) and PALS (patients). I would encourage your wife to join the forum. If that is not something she would like, at the very least, let her know that there are other CALS (me, brooksea,sadiemae) that are more than happy to answer any questions she might have. There is also a website available, lifewithals.com, that was set up by one of our members. Joel is no longer with us, but the site provides so much information that you will feel like you knew him in very short order! He was a remarkable man.

Take care, and know that we are all here for you.

I am sorry for your diagnosis but very pleased that you decided to join our forum. I think you will fn abundance of people here that will offer you their support, answer your questions to the best of their abilities, to share experience and from time to time just be silly! You will find that the people on this forum will become a part of your extended family.

Welcome to the forum,while I am sorry about your diagnosis,I know you will
find answers, support and prayers here.
blessings,Pat

Hi ANN

Im doing OK. This last week I must say I have lost allot of strength in my legs. If they keep on deteriorating at this rate I should be in a wheelchair by the end of this month. As I also said in a previous post, my wife can see that I am in real trouble now and she is having problems dealing with it. You must understand that since we met I had been very athletic and strong. This is scaring her and the children. I think that I have made my peace a few months ago but Paulette still needs to make peace with this disease.

Rentius, I'm very glad you returned and posted. I know it would have been so very hard if Phil, my husband, had this instead of me. I'm glad you've made peace with the disease. And, I am sorry your legs are going this quickly--but hope you will have a wheelchair (power) to use, and a house that can handle the wheelchair when you need it. I would urge you to use it early just to save strength, and you can stop and get out of it in order to do things.

If you can post 25 times, you can PM. That might be helpful. Do you and Paulette have other family nearby who are involved in your life? And how about neighbors and friends? As your weakness increases, having other males around would be of great help. And is Paulette likely to turn to God for help? (time to PM or post on my page...) Rentius, you can click onto any name or title in blue which is underlined and go straight to that area. Paulette and you are in my prayers. Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back