when a pals can nolonger talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all of you...everyone is so helpful. And hugs are always welcome! Roderick, what an amazing thing...tip it and it fills the screen? I think I wil get one of these. Have to save up 2 months...what is the cost? and for the app? Arem't we luck to be living in such times where technology is so advanced! Praise God!

I don't know the cost of an iPod, but I think they are reasonable. iPhones are an expensive thing, close to $1000 to buy but most folks have a phone contract that includes a handset.

TouchChat application cost me just under $200, which is some $50 cheaper than ProLoquo (never know how to write that one!). BUT.... TouchChat has additional features that you pay for such as a windows based editing programme that allows you to make pages and buttons on the PC and transfer them accross and a subscription to an internet service. Im going to go down that path, but it makes it somewhat more expensive than Proloquo with those things included.

The Tip and Read feature is wonderful. I use it in public all the time, in fact I have not used the actuall voice at all in public.

Has anyone been able to hum a tune? I think any sound that comes from pals is a joyful noise...even if it gets on others nerves..lol
I am leaning towards getting an IPad...which text to speak software goes with this device? How much $? I need something i can carry around with me as i am still able to get out. It was interesting yesterday at my ALS Clinic...the speech therapist said my speech was just fine, but my closest friends are telling me I sound different. I recorded my voice the other day, the begining of voice banking, and when i played it back, I sounded a bit wierd...like the words were muffled, or not ending with the right constanant.

I have a question: what kind of microphone for a notebook works best for voice banking? any kind of software that helps the quality of recording?

I like the Logitech USB Desktop Microphone:
USB Desktop Microphone

mkwong, I just got my Logitech USB Microphone...it is great! Hey, did anyone answer about being able to hum, when you can no longer speak? I would love to know if that's possible!

Proloquo2Go is now available also on iPad... and you need only a single license to use it on your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. So much more surface space for typing!

sharon- my pals makes throaty, almost humming sounds when we deflate the balloon on his trache.
but he has no control of it and cannot hum a tune. not sure if he could hum right after he lost his voice. i will ask him on tuesday.

Sharon, to be able to hum you have to be able to close your lips. Maybe some can but I sure can't. No tunes from me.

Sharon, I still have some voice, not easily understood mostly (it sounds like mine is going more quickly than yours)-- but the interesting thing to me is that I can sing better than I can talk. Singing has been such a part of who I am that I'll be very sad to lose that- so "joyful noise" away!
Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back