Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim- what you describes sounds heavenly to me! now, lets move that over to NZ by Aly and we are set! I hate tornadoes. Hate spiders and snakes. Really any sort of big icky bug... and to tell the truth, even though Wisconsin is one of the most beautiful states over here, I am so frickin sick of winter.
Aly, what are your winters like there? Do you get any snow or is it mainly cold and rainy?

You ladies ever get brain farts? LOL. Well aparently I have them all of the time. I was just going back thru this thread and reading old post and saw- DUH- stupid me, I have already forgotten to post quotes out of my new friendship book. So here is one for today, especially for you ladies:

"I'm so glad you're here. It helps me realize how beautiful my world is."- Rainer Maria Rilke

Oh look, another brain fart! As you can see, I survived the storms. Other parts of the state were hit pretty hard but i guess all the prayers and thoughts put a bubble around my area. Thank you so much

Liz, don't feel bad about your potty mouth, I have one too. I was really good when my kids were little, but their dad says "f" virtually every other word it drives me crazy! And rubs off on all of us unfortunately. I keep telling my kids that its probably my worst vice/bad habit and I really wish they wouldn't copy it. Of course they're all in middle school and up, so their friends and all swear like truckers too.

We're lucky here in New England, we get Nor'Easterns (which can get as bad as hurricanes with snow at times... think The Perfect Storm as the worse one). We called it the No Name Storm, don't know why the forecasters didn't come up with a better one. We also have the April Fools Storm (we got 3 feet of snow on April 1, but Boston got about 1 foot less).

Wow, I just heard on the new that Wisconsin got 7 twisters overnight, that would totally scare me. I read once that when the storms hit at night, more people are killed because they're still in bed... I would guess a good number of them would be too scared/tired to get up. Liz, I'm glad your area made it through ok. I've never been through a tornado, and hopefully that record will continue!

Hubby started his new job today, thank GOD! Once my daughter gets off to school, I have the place to myself for the first time in ages. Feel like running around the house naked, just cause I can... well hobble and lurch around the house anyway.

Guess I better get ready for work, have to find all the stuff I stowed away for the Open House.

Have a good day ladies (and gents!)

Helen- thats so funny! Run around the house naked just because you can! I remember the first place i had after moving out on my own. I unpacked all the kitchen stuff while i was completely naked- just because I could! Wouldnt want to do that now, though.
Dont want to scare the cats!

Yeah, it would be pretty scary for anyone to see me run around naked... not only does ALS suck, so does gravity! That, 3 pregnancies, and too much weight, I'm not the skinny girl I used to be. Do you know that I was so skinny that I kept trying to gain weight for the first 20 years or so? Wishful thinking of those days... (the refrain of "those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end..." should be playing in the background).

The mind boggles with both of you. Mind farts and naked streaks, what on earth is this forum coming to. We shall all be struck off! :)
Guess what, I just intercepted an email from Air New Zealand saying that Sam and I will be suprised with return First class seat on our trip. Sam will just explode. Air new Zealand has the absolute best first class of any airline. with lie flat beds comfy duvets, and amazing food. I will act all suprised. I am Soooooooo excited Yay.

Aly

that is so super cool Aly. when i was looking up prices the other week, i saw what first class is like through them. and youre right- Yay for u! when do you leave?

Hi friends- just checking in to say "hi" and thinking of y'all-- it is bedtime, not teatime here, so I'll toddle off. Hoping for a quieter entry than last night-- quiet dark room, hubby snoring away, I lost my balance on the footstool I now use to clamber into bed, and fell backwards fortunately into a pile of clean clothes that hadn't been put away, never saw Roy jump out of bed so fast! I was fine and laughing, but ruefully thought "it's only going to get more difficult from here." Wish me luck!
I love keeping up on all your stories. Hugs all around!
Sue

Thank goodness for the pile of clothes. My daughter would have no problem falling in a pile of clothes cause she has no floor showing! Now Sue are you telling me you are so messy you have a pile of clothes on the floor? Tut Tut tell that sweet man of yours to work a little harder.

Yes liz its great. I just told Sam, cant keep a suprise. Hes never had a bed on a plane! I leave home at 6.30am Thursday morning, to drive up to Auckland. Plane takes off at 11am.

I just gave Ruby a squeeky duck. Looking out the window, she is tearing around the garden. I gave Jake a bright orange ball, that makes a loud noise, but he tossed it aside because it was not edible, Labradors aghhhh. :)
Aly

Sue I also use a footstool to get into bed, partly because I have a magnet mattress pad on top of my regular mattress, and it's an extra 2-3 inches higher. But I LOVE that magnet pad, it just takes away your aches and pains... well most of them, anyway. Let me know the next time you go to Boston to see your doctor, it would be cool to be able to meet somewhere... two gimpy ladies about beantown.

Aly, my daughter has more clothes on her floor (until we cleaned it for the Open House) than I've ever seen in my life. The weird thing about clothes is that they're cheaper today than they were when we were her age, they're all from Vietnam, China, etc. and when you take into consideration the cost of living. Another reason to buy only products from your own country, but then I guess we'd all be running around naked. Too cold here for that! At least it protected the hardwood floors from her sloppiness.

Aly, I'm so jealous about your trip, I've never been to Hawaii, and never flown first class... guess I'm too darn cheap to pay the extra! Seriously, have a great time you deserve it.

Liz, I think we're getting the tail end of your storms coming in today, the wind was howling early this morning, and I think its supposed to seriously rain. Lucky I didn't get the gardens (actually they're still just dirt, nothing's grown yet) mulched, it would all wash away.

Finishing up my tea, starting work, will check in later.

Wow, have I missed a lot. Aly, congratulations on the tickets--unimaginable to think of a bed and duvet on an airplane. Ruby and Jake sound like so much fun. Many of our dogs were Lab mixes. They will eat anything...had to get a step on kitchen garbage can because of their antics, and one still ate a turkey carcass. He flipped up the lid and pulled out the sucker. Ate bones and all, and nearly died. After that I poured drippings into coffee cans and put the lids on, and then threw away grease. He got out a can... but there were no bones that time, so most unpleasant but not life threatening.

Liz, when I was a kid my father thought it was very funny if I used bad language. Due to his perverse sense of humor I grew a habit. It took me years to get rid of it after it wasn't at all okay with me to use the words. Habits can be sooo hard to break. I'm very glad you were untouched by the twisters. They are awful.

Helen, I am so glad you can run around the house naked. Haha. I'm very glad your husband has a job! I hope you get some nicer weather now, and can mulch the rest, getting it picture perfect for a sale!

Sue, I am concerned for your needing a stool getting into bed. But it was a very good time to have a pile of clothes right where you needed them.

Kim, it sounds like the "ALS" belly. Everything else shedding size along with muscle, but that makes abdomen free to pop. It isn't fat, dear Kim...just loss of muscle. I know you've been losing weight, right?

We have all the snakes (not as bad as Peter's!), ticks, spiders, and so forth imaginable. I came here as a city girl, and it took a long, long time to become accustomed to all of it, but I did learn how. These days I can't say I'd be comfortable taking it in stride inside the house.

My news of the day is Hospice is sending a nurse for evaluation. I'm not seeing this as a negative one bit. More as an insurance for future comfort. Phil stayed to telecommute in order to help.

Aly, If I don't "see you" before you fly to Hawaii, have a wonderful, relaxing time with Sam and your husband! I'm excited for you.

Sue, Thank GOD for unfolded laundry. I always seem to have a basket or 2 around my house. It seems people are too lazy to fold it so they simply get what they need and leave the rest. And ditto to what Aly said, Crack that whip a little harder! And most important, you could laugh it off and make light of it!
Helen, where did you get the magnet mattress pad. I have seen them somewhere but like Liz have too many brain farts and can't remember where I saw them or read about them. And I bet your daughter pulls the same thing on you as Lindsay pulls on me...I don't have any clothes. I used to tease her and call her Imelda Marcos (for those of you too young to remember her, she was the president's wife {and then later after her husband died came back and was voted in as president how soon the peasants forget} and her people were starving and they fled the Philippines and she left behind like 20,000 pairs of shoes), well that was Lindsay for several years. She had every flip-flop sandals known to man and tennies too! Now she's pulling that on me with clothes. I buy myself a pair of tennies every other year (kids get first), and this past fall I bought myself 2 pair. One good brand for exercising in (that ain't happening but they sure look pretty on my feet) and another pair (just from Wal-mart) that have gotten too big I can't even wear them to the bathroom. Losing all this weight made my feet smaller by a size and I can't figure out why because they weren't fat! and back to the clothes have you noticed the style is what we wore in the early 70's. Lindsay tried on a cute white eyelet dress with 2 spaghetti straps and straight across with elastic under the boobs. And one girl was going in trying a handkerchief top (I had one of those). I wished I had saved my clothes.
And Aly, can you come and stand next to me for a little while so the good luck that drops in your lap rubs onto me! Just think hubby gets the problems and you reap the benefits. Isn't life grand!

Ann, we took in a stray one time (a dog this time not a kid) and he had been starved as well as the vet said a hatchet to the forehead. This dog ate anything and everything. If you took food out on a paper plate he would eat that too. He eventually ate himself to death. The vet said once they have been starved like he was the brain shuts down and they can never regain "self-control". I guess they didn't have dog whisperers back then. Oh but I have an important question for you: Who had to clean up behind the grease can incident? And I have lost about 55 lbs give or take and I don't want the belly fat it makes me look larger than I am. I realized shorts that I wore 3 years ago don't fit me right (not that I could wear them because of zippers and buttons) but the waistline is bigger and yet my legs and butt area have gotten so small. A couple of months ago when I was standing, someone thought I was a child from behind. I don't do much standing around now. And yes I understand you wanting to get everything lined up with Hospice....and like i have said before, I often forget what others are experiencing. You humble me and I thank you for that.

So Aly, you leave 6:30 for airport and leave airport 11:00 am Thursday your time. So what does that make for us, Wednesday night around 7ish or so? This is so confusing! It's hurting this little brain of mine! Will you have your computer or are you going "cold turkey" for the week?

What fun it is to come here after breakfast and get caught up with all that is happening to each of you round the globe. Much more upbeat than the World News Tonight where the stories sound like the world is in chaos. Sad.

Anyway, Ann I am glad that you are interviewing with Hospice. I met with the gal from Rapid City Hospice yesterday and they will take over starting Monday. Thank goodness. They do brighten the day and help me feel more positive -- they also make good suggestions for me.

I had a fall on Sunday -- first one in a long time, and, Sue there was no pile of clothes to soften the hit. Tailbone and shoulder blades are still tender but nothing broken. Tough old lady!

Aly, I envy your trip to Hawaii although the sun is shining here and trees are budding so I am enjoying watching spring come to life again. Envy is never wise. Enjoy your trip and hopefully you will not over do -- naps are good even on vacation.

Helen, I am still trying to sell my place without a Realtor but if I don't hook someone soon I will list with one in May. I just want it gone...soon!

Have a lovely day and take time to count your blessings -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back